Jump to content

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

got to play montauk downs today! played just OK, and shot 98 but i was happy to break 100 in windy, foggy conditions on a tough course. 

managed birdie on this par 5. here’s what i had left after a great drive.  had 203 to the flag and pushed a 6i right of the green.  was able to chip close and make the 4 footer for birdie

0B0C78BC-5F28-4089-B034-D4892EDFD1C0.jpeg.b8cdb0bdc3f7ad5604a840d50f436383.jpeg

i forget which hole this was, but the fog was really thick in some spots

42DE5247-A0A7-4C3B-B55A-52E7C92ED822.jpeg.864dfd066f7be2441f58bb039f1c7e04.jpeg

signature hole. #12 221 yd par 3. pulled my 5i left of the green, and made bogey after a decent chip  

903DB105-18BB-4CD5-B417-571E8417BC14.jpeg.72c3049926feb08fce91daa475d8e96e.jpeg

tee shot into the abyss on 18.  you can barely make out the silhouette of the clubhouse off the left side of the fairway  

5E6830D1-9853-4271-AFB2-C98E8E05C66D.jpeg.a07cef5bca115d5a5f8df1132f5c709d.jpeg

the good from today:

sand play. i found myself in a few bunkers and was not only able to get out with one shot, but i was able to put some spin on the ball and stop them close. 

putting. the greens at montauk downs are undulating and pretty quick. my reads were great and i was starting the ball dead on my intended line. i drained 2 20+ footers and was able to lag the ball close all day. 

the bad: 

approach shots. contact was great, and i was pulling the right club and hitting my number, but i was right and left all day long. 

chipping.  i think i’ve gotta make my 52* my workhorse for chipping. i like to use my 60 and can hit a flop shot pretty reliably, but if i decelerate at all, i end up leaving chips short. turning birdie into bogey or double because you 3-chipped is really frustrating.

Man that fog, didn’t get any of that today here but makes for a cool site.

”5iron 220” must be nice! Looks like a good round. My 52* is my work horse as well it has been a super versatile club I can use for alotttttt of shots.

  • Like 5

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Man that fog, didn’t get any of that today here but makes for a cool site.

”5iron 220” must be nice! Looks like a good round. My 52* is my work horse as well it has been a super versatile club I can use for alotttttt of shots.

the fog was cool. shots just disappeared as they hit their apex. 

ive gotta embrace that 52 like you do. it’s great to know i can hit a flop with the 60, but it’s definitely a lower percentage shot. more often than not, i decelerate at the last second because i don’t want to blade it over the green, and end up hitting it 10ft when i needed it to go 10yds.  the 52 i can hit low and high, make it run or spin it back. that has to become my go-to around the green. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

got to play montauk downs today! played just OK, and shot 98 but i was happy to break 100 in windy, foggy conditions on a tough course. 

managed birdie on this par 5. here’s what i had left after a great drive.  had 203 to the flag and pushed a 6i right of the green.  was able to chip close and make the 4 footer for birdie

0B0C78BC-5F28-4089-B034-D4892EDFD1C0.jpeg.b8cdb0bdc3f7ad5604a840d50f436383.jpeg

i forget which hole this was, but the fog was really thick in some spots

42DE5247-A0A7-4C3B-B55A-52E7C92ED822.jpeg.864dfd066f7be2441f58bb039f1c7e04.jpeg

signature hole. #12 221 yd par 3. pulled my 5i left of the green, and made bogey after a decent chip  

903DB105-18BB-4CD5-B417-571E8417BC14.jpeg.72c3049926feb08fce91daa475d8e96e.jpeg

tee shot into the abyss on 18.  you can barely make out the silhouette of the clubhouse off the left side of the fairway  

5E6830D1-9853-4271-AFB2-C98E8E05C66D.jpeg.a07cef5bca115d5a5f8df1132f5c709d.jpeg

the good from today:

sand play. i found myself in a few bunkers and was not only able to get out with one shot, but i was able to put some spin on the ball and stop them close. 

putting. the greens at montauk downs are undulating and pretty quick. my reads were great and i was starting the ball dead on my intended line. i drained 2 20+ footers and was able to lag the ball close all day. 

the bad: 

approach shots. contact was great, and i was pulling the right club and hitting my number, but i was right and left all day long. 

chipping.  i think i’ve gotta make my 52* my workhorse for chipping. i like to use my 60 and can hit a flop shot pretty reliably, but if i decelerate at all, i end up leaving chips short. turning birdie into bogey or double because you 3-chipped is really frustrating.

Can’t say it’s not green👍

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, Kenny B said:

Well, I shot my age... 74. 

The best ball striking round I have ever had.  

CONGRATS!!! 👍👍👍

Now we all expect you to do the same thing next year!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

CONGRATS!!! 👍👍👍

Now we all expect you to do the same thing next year!

You didn't see my post an hour before you posted this???  Arrrrrgh!!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played in my first ever tournament today it was a member member tournament, Stableford format, my handicap is a 13 so I am getting a good amount of strokes, my partner is a 3. I felt good heading in to the event but had a hard time on the course. I was frustrated the hole round. I shot a 52 on the front which is by far my worst 9 since starting golf 2 years back. I had a lot of penalties and every time I looked I was in a bunker. I was good off the tee box most of the round but couldn't hit any greens. Worse yet was my putting... I had a more respectable back 9 at 45 having 2 blow up holes. I feel like I really let myself and partner down today with my performance. Playing for par should allow me to be pretty competitive but I stunk every which was today hoping it was just nerves. Playing tomorrow where both balls are scored. Hopefully I'll have a better showing. I was hoping to a least be close to 85 but 97 has me kicking myself big time

  • Like 7

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I played in my first ever tournament today it was a member member tournament, Stableford format, my handicap is a 13 so I am getting a good amount of strokes, my partner is a 3. I felt good heading in to the event but had a hard time on the course. I was frustrated the hole round. I shot a 52 on the front which is by far my worst 9 since starting golf 2 years back. I had a lot of penalties and every time I looked I was in a bunker. I was good off the tee box most of the round but couldn't hit any greens. Worse yet was my putting... I had a more respectable back 9 at 45 having 2 blow up holes. I feel like I really let myself and partner down today with my performance. Playing for par should allow me to be pretty competitive but I stunk every which was today hoping it was just nerves. Playing tomorrow where both balls are scored. Hopefully I'll have a better showing. I was hoping to a least be close to 85 but 97 has me kicking myself big time

 

... All of us remember our first tournament and most of us didn't fare any better. After playing QB I high school and college I thought a golf tourney would be a piece of cake. Of course football is reactive but in golf you initiate the action and that leaves room for all kinds of mental intrusions, especially the first time. It gets easier, at least as far as your nerves. 🤪

  • Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chisag said:

 

... All of us remember our first tournament and most of us didn't fare any better. After playing QB I high school and college I thought a golf tourney would be a piece of cake. Of course football is reactive but in golf you initiate the action and that leaves room for all kinds of mental intrusions, especially the first time. It gets easier, at least as far as your nerves. 🤪

Thanks for the words of wisdom, here's to hoping tomorrow is better.I just wish I could have taken advantage of the strokes I was given.

  • Like 5

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

84 today on a course that was wetter than it looked. Total lack of consistency, feels like I'm playing 3 true outcomes golf. Either everything is working and I shoot mid 70s, putter isn't working and I shoot around 80, or nothing works and I shoot 85+. With what I want to accomplish this year, every day not breaking 80 feels wasted.

  • Like 7

Take Dead Aim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I played in my first ever tournament today it was a member member tournament, Stableford format, my handicap is a 13 so I am getting a good amount of strokes, my partner is a 3. I felt good heading in to the event but had a hard time on the course. I was frustrated the hole round. I shot a 52 on the front which is by far my worst 9 since starting golf 2 years back. I had a lot of penalties and every time I looked I was in a bunker. I was good off the tee box most of the round but couldn't hit any greens. Worse yet was my putting... I had a more respectable back 9 at 45 having 2 blow up holes. I feel like I really let myself and partner down today with my performance. Playing for par should allow me to be pretty competitive but I stunk every which was today hoping it was just nerves. Playing tomorrow where both balls are scored. Hopefully I'll have a better showing. I was hoping to a least be close to 85 but 97 has me kicking myself big time

Shake it off, we’ve all been there and worse.  You got thru the 1st day and we're sure you’ll play better tomorrow.

  • Like 7

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played one of my favorite courses which has become the one i end up playing more than any in the last year. It’s a tough course and the back gets harder. The game has been coming around lately and put together a solid round of 38/42. Got out of position on a couple holes on the back and ended up with the only doubles of the day

  • Like 7

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played last night and it was very frustrating.  A lot of bogeys and a couple doubles on the front for a 45 then mostly pars on the back for a 39.  I've been dealing with back spasms all week and I was really tight so my swing felt horrible.  The spasms started overnight again so no golf for me today.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Modern Bag:  Sub70 849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;  Titleist 915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...