How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Penalty free 78 this morning that was great except a double on 18 🤮. Hit the ball much better then yesterday other then my 3 drives on the back 9 going nowhere near where I wanted them. Finally par on 12 which is one of the toughest par 4s in the area.

• Like 7

Take Dead Aim

There is an inverse relationship between focusing on swing drills and how I play on the course. 

Since going Gankas my irons feel so much more solid. They’re also taking the right side of the course out of play and that’s been difficult. My cut that I rely on isn’t there anymore and I’m really trying to find out how hard I want to push. 

Played early today and shot 84 with 4 lost balls. Balls that all went left into hazards / OB. 

• Like 9
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

How long before the cash turns into golf clubs?

• Haha 7

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Played one of my best rounds ever and my lowest 9 hole score ever. Shot a 44 on the front 9. That included birdieing the 9th hole when I was thinking about the chance for my lowest 9 hole score. Back 9 wasn't as good, but still decent. Overall score was a 95.

Had a lesson yesterday, really only thing change that was made during the lesson was grip. That really helped out today quite a bit. 

Congratulations!!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Played one of my best rounds ever and my lowest 9 hole score ever. Shot a 44 on the front 9. That included birdieing the 9th hole when I was thinking about the chance for my lowest 9 hole score. Back 9 wasn't as good, but still decent. Overall score was a 95.

Had a lesson yesterday, really only thing change that was made during the lesson was grip. That really helped out today quite a bit. 

Great work! Always nice to knock out a new PB!

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Congratulations!!

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Great work! Always nice to knock out a new PB!

Thanks guys!

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

5 hours ago, silver & black said:

Today was a tale of two nines. The front nine was okay...40. The back nine was a different story. We got stuck behind a horrible foursome. We waited 10/15 minutes on every hole.

The twosome behind us pushed us the  whole way. We offered to let them play through and wait on the group ahead just like we were. Instead, they just kept badmouthing us and driving into us the whole nine. After the 3rd time they drove into us, I confronted them and told them I'd gladly shove my driver up their ass if it happened again. I'm old, but I'll stand with anyone if it comes to it.

We ended up calling the club house because they just wouldn't let up. We waited for them in the parking lot and offered to settle it like men. They declined.... what a shock...lol.  I ended up shooting 55 on the back because I was so pissed off.

Not a good day on the course!

I hate when that happens. Sorry to hear that.

First time I ignore. Second time I let them know. Third time I step on the ball and call the pro shop. Forth time I get out my sharpie and write on the ball "next time I hit it back" and sit it up on a tee.  Fifth time you better duck because I'm accurate with my driver.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, silver & black said:

Today was a tale of two nines. The front nine was okay...40. The back nine was a different story. We got stuck behind a horrible foursome. We waited 10/15 minutes on every hole.

The twosome behind us pushed us the  whole way. We offered to let them play through and wait on the group ahead just like we were. Instead, they just kept badmouthing us and driving into us the whole nine. After the 3rd time they drove into us, I confronted them and told them I'd gladly shove my driver up their ass if it happened again. I'm old, but I'll stand with anyone if it comes to it.

We ended up calling the club house because they just wouldn't let up. We waited for them in the parking lot and offered to settle it like men. They declined.... what a shock...lol.  I ended up shooting 55 on the back because I was so pissed off.

Not a good day on the course!

Wow. Definitely not a fun round. I’ll never be able to grasp the reasons for people to be so rude that they hit into others that are patiently waiting their turn. 

9 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I hate when that happens. Sorry to hear that.

First time I ignore. Second time I let them know. Third time I step on the ball and call the pro shop. Forth time I get out my sharpie and write on the ball "next time I hit it back" and sit it up on a tee.  Fifth time you better duck because I'm accurate with my driver.

Yikes! Have you ever made it all the way to the fifth time? 😬

• Like 6

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W Project X Velocity 6.0 53g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:callaway-small: MD4 55/60 W/ DG S200

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

3 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Wow. Definitely not a fun round. I’ll never be able to grasp the reasons for people to be so rude that they hit into others that are patiently waiting their turn. 

Yikes! Have you ever made it all the way to the fifth time? 😬

Unfortunately yes.  But that was when I lived in NY.  Lets just say it didn't happen again that day. I hit the cart they were standing next to. Message was loud and clear. I guess they didn't take me seriously. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Unfortunately yes.  But that was when I lived in NY.  Lets just say it didn't happen again that day. I hit the cart they were standing next to. Message was loud and clear. I guess they didn't take me seriously. 

Well, hopefully they learned to be better people after that one. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well it's 2021 and I have seen too many stories about golfers pulling guns. Seen it twice here in Phoenix so you never know who you are gonna run into on a golf course. Played with a guy from Low-weesy-ana that was all of 5'9" and 150 and when I told him the story of the 250lb guy hitting me and not apologizing but saying if the ball hadn't hit me he would be 50 yds further down the fairway so we both lose, the ex-cajun pulled a Glock out of his bag and said he would stand like this (gun at his side) and say "You ready to apologize now MF!?" Reminded me not to confront idiots on the golf course. 

That’s just crazy and potentially scary at the same time. Golf should never escalate to that level. 

• Like 8

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W Project X Velocity 6.0 53g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:callaway-small: MD4 55/60 W/ DG S200

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

8 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Played very well today...

E99991A1-3E6D-468C-AC14-8A3D1225E30F.jpeg.1f28f09087e729ca686f1938ee7fd689.jpeg

Well played Sir!

• Like 4