How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

Tee game was awful, but managed to scrape around an 8-over 78. First tee I legit toe shanked my driver like 150 yards into the middle of the adjacent fairway. Hit a 7-iron just wherever I could manage to get it back on the correct hole, and stiffed an 8-iron to a foot for an unlikely par. Reached the par 5 3rd in 2 shots so I thought my day was about to turn around, and then 3-jacked for par. The rest of the day was one really nice birdie on a 228y par 3, and a bunch of scrambling. First time I've shot consecutive rounds in the 70s, albeit this was a par-70 so idk if that still counts.

In other news, my Bushnell has a brown dot in the viewfinder now, almost exactly on the reticle. From what I read, possibly from overexposure to sun rays? Guess I'm in the market for a new one.

Still nice shooting @B.Bostonhad a similar spot on his range finder, we were thinking possible mold spore maybe? He got it replaced, wonder if ya could get Bushnell to do the same. Unless it’s pretty old

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

13 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Another out of sync day on the course and poor ball striking.  Rather than just letting my swing flow, I'm forcing it.  I know better, but....  Flying out tomorrow to play in a member-guest with my prior neighbor and best friend -- Diamante CC in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas -- I'd better get my act together.  Practice round Wed, then 3 days of tournament play (better ball, modified Stableford, and Scramble).  Looking forward to playing!

I wish you would get back in sync.  You seem to be rubbing off on me!!  Everything is out of whack!!  And I'm trying to get my swing back in sync for the MGS PNW outing in Spokane starting tomorrow.  

It all started for me last Monday at our Memorial Day couples net better ball.  I didn't hit the ball very well at all, but managed an 82 through some decent scrambling.  My wife didn't play well either.  We managed to finish T-12 at -3, but a "normal" round for us should have been at least -6.  Winning score was -10.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wish you would get back in sync.  You seem to be rubbing off on me!!  Everything is out of whack!!  And I'm trying to get my swing back in sync for the MGS PNW outing in Spokane starting tomorrow.  

It all started for me last Monday at our Memorial Day couples net better ball.  I didn't hit the ball very well at all, but managed an 82 through some decent scrambling.  My wife didn't play well either.  We managed to finish T-12 at -3, but a "normal" round for us should have been at least -6.  Winning score was -10.

The Golf God's giveth and they taketh away 🙂.  I'm sure with all the BIG $$ on the table this week, you'll be back to form and taking us yutes to the cleaners.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Tee game was awful, but managed to scrape around an 8-over 78. First tee I legit toe shanked my driver like 150 yards into the middle of the adjacent fairway. Hit a 7-iron just wherever I could manage to get it back on the correct hole, and stiffed an 8-iron to a foot for an unlikely par. Reached the par 5 3rd in 2 shots so I thought my day was about to turn around, and then 3-jacked for par. The rest of the day was one really nice birdie on a 228y par 3, and a bunch of scrambling. First time I've shot consecutive rounds in the 70s, albeit this was a par-70 so idk if that still counts.

In other news, my Bushnell has a brown dot in the viewfinder now, almost exactly on the reticle. From what I read, possibly from overexposure to sun rays? Guess I'm in the market for a new one.

Precision Pro R1!

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Yep, started this week for me, too.  Last weekend, I struck the ball well.  This weekend, it was like a foreign entity inhabited my body --- one that had never played golf before.  🙂  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Not how I played but a comment on some of the up and coming young stars in the game. I volunteered at the SoCal Drive, Chip, and Putt competition over the weekend. Saw some promising young talent. Saw a 15 year old girl drive 240 yards consistently. Saw some 12-13 year old boys hole out their chips from just off the green. N doubt we will be seeing some of these kids on the college circuit and then Korn Ferry and eventually the PGA Tour in the future!

• Like 7

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

The return to warm and windy conditions meant an early start to the 18 hole round at the local college track just west of the city. Everything was just a little off but the putter continues to be my most baffling stick. Speed, a slight pull, and just a huge lack of confidence are hurting potentially decent scores. I plan to hit the putting green for practice soon or it is going to be a very expensive golf trip coming up.

44/47 for my splits with a variety of penalty strokes and missed opportunities. 

A couple things to remind myself of though...

* Intermittent fasting is not a good idea to stick to when you are playing an early round and need energy.

* New clubs take some time to get used to and I think my higher than normal scores this season prove that out. Rebuilt most of my bag during the offseason and learning the new distances/trajectory/flight path take time especially when 9 holes every other week is the norm.

Still love the game, but right now I am struggling to like it 🙂

• Like 8

:ping-small: Driver - 410 LST - 10.5 Degree - Stiff

:bridgestone-small:5 Wood - J38 - Stiff

:Sub70: 939 3 and 4 Hybrid - Aldila NVS 85 Stiff

:Sub70: 639 CB 5-7 - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:Sub70: 639 MB 8-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:cleveland-small: RTX 3 Wedges - 50, 54, 58

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Putter

:wilson-small: Duo Professional Ball

On 6/6/2021 at 10:43 AM, sirchunksalot said:

Nice! You catch any monsters? I know Casitas is renowned for some big bass. 

Anymore, an 8 lb’er is a pig. Since the trout plants stopped years ago, I think there was a big fish die off, and getting a fish over 10 is a super rarity. The biggest fish this season was a 5.99.

we had the 2ond big fish at 5.00. Just a numbers game now, and ya gotta churn thru a lot of fish to cul up to a good bag. We were just on em this day, probably caught around 30 fish...

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I was cooking through 9 yesterday with a 41 unfortunately I had a bad stretch of holes from 14 on and a triple bogey on 18 that left me with a 49 of the back. Not a terrible day but I wish I could have held up on the back by 3-5 less strokes. Me and my partner had a top 10 2nd day finish and for the tournament we finished 17th. A decent first day would have put us easily into the money for finals standings. All in all a great weekend and a lot of lessons learned. Having a hard time getting over the some issues. Seems like no matter the tees or distance I am making just as many mistakes putting and hitting greens in regulation. My front 9 I capitalized on both. The back 9 seemed like I was slogging though it with no rhythm 

• Like 7

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

:Arccos:

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... Well it's 2021 and I have seen too many stories about golfers pulling guns. Seen it twice here in Phoenix so you never know who you are gonna run into on a golf course. Played with a guy from Low-weesy-ana that was all of 5'9" and 150 and when I told him the story of the 250lb guy hitting me and not apologizing but saying if the ball hadn't hit me he would be 50 yds further down the fairway so we both lose, the ex-cajun pulled a Glock out of his bag and said he would stand like this (gun at his side) and say "You ready to apologize now MF!?" Reminded me not to confront idiots on the golf course. 

Obviously not a trained CCW guy. Real training with firearms teaches the opposite of that type of behavior. You’re right- never confront idiots - not only on the track, but everywhere. Unfortunately, people like that do nobody any good, including themselves...

• Like 6

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I shot ok today, didn’t score well, but his a few great shots.

• Like 4

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

13 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Obviously not a trained CCW guy. Real training with firearms teaches the opposite of that type of behavior. You’re right- never confront idiots - not only on the track, but everywhere. Unfortunately, people like that do nobody any good, including themselves...

... Played golf in Chicago for 35 years and only saw one guy take a gun out of his bag. Showed it to the guys hitting into them and they retreated and he put it back in his bag. Phoenix is a different animal and already saw 2 in 5 months. I am not a gun owner but I do believe most owners are responsible about ownership. That said it only takes one yahoo to end a life and muni golf is filled with yahoos. I love the variety of playing many different courses but for the first time I am seriously looking at joining a private or semi private club. 

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Still nice shooting @B.Bostonhad a similar spot on his range finder, we were thinking possible mold spore maybe? He got it replaced, wonder if ya could get Bushnell to do the same. Unless it’s pretty old

Yeah I reached out to them to see how much it would cost me. If it's going to be like $50 or so I might do it. I bought it on Father's day 2017 so it almost lasted exactly 4 years, not too bad.

6 hours ago, CarlH said:

Another out of sync day on the course and poor ball striking.  Rather than just letting my swing flow, I'm forcing it.  I know better, but....  Flying out tomorrow to play in a member-guest with my prior neighbor and best friend -- Diamante CC in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas -- I'd better get my act together.  Practice round Wed, then 3 days of tournament play (better ball, modified Stableford, and Scramble).  Looking forward to playing!

Play well!

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Precision Pro R1!

They won't ship to Hawaii and I have only seen the older NX7 locally. I'll honestly scoop up another Bushnell, hopefully there will be a Father's day sale like when I bought this one 4 years back! Thanks for the rec though!

• Like 6

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Yeah I reached out to them to see how much it would cost me. If it's going to be like $50 or so I might do it. I bought it on Father's day 2017 so it almost lasted exactly 4 years, not too bad.

Play well!

They won't ship to Hawaii and I have only seen the older NX7 locally. I'll honestly scoop up another Bushnell, hopefully there will be a Father's day sale like when I bought this one 4 years back! Thanks for the rec though!

Good luck, granted you use it year round (lucky SOB) 4 years is not long for them IMO. 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck, granted you use it year round (lucky SOB) 4 years is not long for them IMO. 

Dang, really? I guess the old "they don't make em like they used to" adage applies here? My mom's cousin has an old-school binocular one that still works.

• Like 4

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x