How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

26 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Also learned that July 31st will be the last day that Pebble Creek GC will be open.  

That's a shame, but .. you knew it was coming... Nice course and was hoping to get on it again someday and shoot something less than 110..! That pub at the 19th Hole was a classic, too 🍻

• Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

17 hours ago, juspoole said:

Got to play Oyster Reef today for my second and last round while in Hilton Head.  Fantastic course and my second favorite thus far of about 6 total courses that I've played in Hilton Head so far.

Could not hardly drive it on the planet today.  Too many penalty shots  or side ways chip outs.   Could have been a solid round because my iron play was very good and so was my chipping/pitching.  Should have taken more 4 irons off the tee.  Greens in regulation look low, but that is because I was having to chip out and play my third from the fairway or in one instance my Fourth due to an OB ball.  GIR would have been around 14 or 15 given better drives and about 3 on the fringe.

3 Fairways

9 Greens

34 Putts

40/40 - 80

I think a lot of us would take an 80 with those stats 🙂 

PS, there's a great course close to 95 I've played a couple times, The GC at Hilton Head Lakes.

• Like 4

Taylormade SIM2 Driver and 3 wood, PING 410 Hybrids (3 & 4), Taylormade 790 irons (6 - PW), Vokey SM8 48, 52, 56, and 60 wedges and Pyramid blade putter 

49 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Maiden voyage today with the Mavrik irons and I’m very happy with the results. 
I’d only been hitting them range balls, so I was a little off with my distances, but not by much. It was also the first time I played in 7 days, and 3rd time in a month, so that was a factor also. 

A bad storm called a halt to league play just as the A flight made the turn, so we headed to the clubhouse and went by 9 hole scores. I eked out 4th in a TB and won $40 shooting a 42.

I hit more good iron shots in 11 holes than I probably have in any 18 hole round with the 0211’s. The Mav’s feel better and are way more forgiving. I’ll call it a push as far as distance goes with maybe the slightest edge to the PXG. I’ll gladly give that up for the higher, straighter ball flight I saw today. It felt so good to hit my irons well again. It’s been so long, I’d almost forgotten what that felt like.

Hopefully the worm has turned,  and my iron game is finally headed back on track.

Glad to hear you like the Mavriks. I am looking semi long term about upgrading my irons and have eyed those, what made you pick them? 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Glad to hear you like the Mavriks. I am looking semi long term about upgrading my irons and have eyed those, what made you pick them? 

I had played the rogue X for 3 years before I bought the 0211’s (big mistake) 🙄 I wanted to get another set of the X’s but couldn’t find them, so I tried a few different GI irons, and the Mavriks worked the best for me.
I’m familiar with the Callaway “look” at setup, and I guess I need the forgiveness this category of irons gives me. The distance I get with them is also better than most I’ve compared them to. That’s important but I’m more into getting a nice accurate high ball flight than a few more yards.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 3

:callaway-small:   Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small:   Epic Star 15* & 18* Bassara

:callaway-small:  Super Hybrid 20* (+1*) Recoil ESX 460 

:callaway-small:  Rogue X 5-AW Synergy

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy CB 50* & 56* Synergy

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7  34” w/SuperStroke

:scotty-small:    Newport 2.0 33.5" :yes-small:    Tracy 33.5”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Final day of the Diamante Classic and my partner and I played miserably.  2 man scramble was the format.  Opening hole is a par 3 at 153 yards.  Both of us on the green and my partner has the easier putt and is closer at 7 feet ... we both miss the birdie putt and the rest of the day went downhill.  Although we did birdie one hole, we basically stunk it up, missing putts and unable to score.  By the time we had 5 holes left, the 3 days of high temps and humidity got to both of us.  I was simply exhausted and had nothing in the tank.  After a 2nd place finish in Better Ball, a first place finish in the Stableford, we finished DFL in the scramble.   Our first place finish on day 2 earned us the right to play for the elimination round to determine the final pairing for the championship.  The format was alternate shot and my partner led off, putting me in the fairway bunker, 147 yards away from the pin.  I hit a 7 iron flush, but pulled it to the left of the green.  His chip failed to check and rain out 15 feet past the hole.  I made a good putt at it, but left it 6 inches above the hole and we tapped in for the bogey.  Of the 6 teams in this grouping, we were eliminated with the other team that missed the par putt.

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Another hot one today..high was 96* with heat index of 116* ☀️🔥

My driver continues to impress 12/14 fairways

5 GIR ( this is where I’m struggling)

31 putts

46 + 43 = 89

nice to see some sub 90 scores

• Like 6

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

8 hours ago, CarlH said:

After a 2nd place finish in Better Ball, a first place finish in the Stableford, we finished DFL in the scramble.   Our first place finish on day 2 earned us the right to play for the elimination round to determine the final pairing for the championship.  The format was alternate shot and my partner led off, putting me in the fairway bunker, 147 yards away from the pin.  I hit a 7 iron flush, but pulled it to the left of the green.  His chip failed to check and rain out 15 feet past the hole.  I made a good putt at it, but left it 6 inches above the hole and we tapped in for the bogey.  Of the 6 teams in this grouping, we were eliminated with the other team that missed the par putt.

Tough go for the final round, but it sounds like you played some great golf the first couple days.  Hoping you get that first 7 footer to drop on your next scramble and start the day off right!

• Like 4

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

16 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

An absolute goat track, but a great place to take your daughter for her first time on a golf course.

Looks like you and your daughter had a blast.  I've been trying to get my 6 year old into golf that past few years as well.  She loves the driving range since she is constantly hitting one ball after another, but so far she finds the course too boring.  Any tips?

• Like 4

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

10 hours ago, chisag said:

SRP is aware of a power outage affecting your area:

• The outage began on 06/12 at 7:11 PM.
  • We estimate the power will be restored on 06/12 by 9:15 PM.
  • Cause of the outage: We are investigating the cause of the outage.
  • There are currently 1829 customers impacted by this outage.

That’s a quick restoration time for that many customers, coming from a power company employee! I hope that A/C kicked in real quick…

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama