Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

40/39 at Granite Falls South.  Four more (<10') birdie chances left out on the greens... the 3 footer on #18 really pissed me off. 🤬 I know we've chatted, shared data, and moral support on this topic but it's got me in a cranky mood the past few weeks.  Too many great approach shots not getting cashed in. Come on you Celestial Masters of the game... throw a guy a bone.

tenor.gif?itemid=9140683

ahh, putting, have you tried listening for the ball to drop in the hole ie. keeping your head still for a long period of time? It takes time but it has worked for me, takes the stress out of making the putt.

committed to performance excellence

Ingteresting day today, making sure my grip is correct, ie the V;s are in line, and taking the club back a bit more "outside" causes anxiety while trying to score. 

Doubled the 1st. hole, bogeyed the 4th then birdied the 5th and 7th par par so was 1 over at the turn, played the back at 2 under so finished with a good score.

Seeing some positive results but have a long way to go...

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have a lab, his name is River and he can't putt for $hit. 😊

river.jpg.c2832d74071de1c4fdcd59715231d639.jpg

Serious though, do the online fitting, find a putter close to your specs here and go. Best decision I made right behind lessons. I am never changing putters unless I acquire another lab. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 minute ago, Jim Shaw said:

ahh, putting, have you tried listening for the ball to drop in the hole ie. keeping your head still for a long period of time? It takes time but it has worked for me, takes the stress out of making the putt.

No.  I think I'm lost between that technique and my buddy @Kenny Bwho doesn't even look at the ball 😵.  I have started banging short (< 2') into the back of the cup, and that has really improved those yippy misses.  But I'll try holding my head and eye on the ball longer and see if that helps.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

No.  I think I'm lost between that technique and my buddy @Kenny Bwho doesn't even look at the ball 😵.  I have started banging short (< 2') into the back of the cup, and that has really improved those yippy misses.  But I'll try holding my head and eye on the ball longer and see if that helps.

i will say I used to look at the hole like @Kenny B but now I don't. I look at it as I go through my pre-shot routine and try to feel the distance. Then one last look and go. Also switched to Left hand Low

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

a constant series of adjustments, a good time to work on it during the winter

1 minute ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

i will say I used to look at the hole like @Kenny B but now I don't. I look at it as I go through my pre-shot routine and try to feel the distance. Then one last look and go.

When we first met and played together I thought "what the heck"... halfway through the round I was thinking "what the heck" 😆.

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have a lab, his name is River and he can't putt for $hit. 😊

river.jpg.c2832d74071de1c4fdcd59715231d639.jpg

Yeah but... River is really good at grabbing your arm!  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

... I like where your head is (pun intended) but I am gonna nit pick just a little because I am always a little leery of this advice. While you did say "keeping your head still" and not "keeping your head down"  some will still think they are basically the same. I have always preferred to tell my students to keep their eyes down and allow their head to move naturally. You can keep your head pretty still on short putts but longer ones will need some head movement. Granted it is minimal but it is more about not locking anything into place which causes tension, which some will most definitely do when they try and keep their head down or still. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah but... River is really good at grabbing your arm!  😆

He misses his "Kenny Chew Toy" 😄

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

When we first met and played together I thought "what the heck"... halfway through the round I was thinking "what the heck" 😆.

Do whatever works for you.  I struggled for years with distance control (seemed like I forgot how far to hit the ball when I focused on the ball when I hit it), so I took that variable out of my putting equation.  Works for some; doesn't for others.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I like where your head is (pun intended) but I am gonna nit pick just a little because I am always a little leery of this advice. While you did say "keeping your head still" and not "keeping your head down"  some will still think they are basically the same. I have always preferred to tell my students to keep their eyes down and allow their head to move naturally. You can keep your head pretty still on short putts but longer ones will need some head movement. Granted it is minimal but it is more about not locking anything into place which causes tension, which some will most definitely do when they try and keep their head down or still. 

you are absolutely right (did I say that out loud?) lol... the old adage of "keep your head down and your left arm straight" is obsolete and not natural, when it comes to putting, and I know you are a 100% feel guy, do you follow your putts to the hole? 

5 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

you are absolutely right (did I say that out loud?) lol... the old adage of "keep your head down and your left arm straight" is obsolete and not natural, when it comes to putting, and I know you are a 100% feel guy, do you follow your putts to the hole? 

... I keep my eyes down for a very short period before allowing them to slowly swivel to follow the ball so I miss the first 3 or 4 feet but pick it up after that. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I keep my eyes down for a very short period before allowing them to slowly swivel to follow the ball so I miss the first 3 or 4 feet but pick it up after that. 

yes, I have seen that many times by many great putters

57 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

40/39 at Granite Falls South.  Four more (<10') birdie chances left out on the greens... the 3 footer on #18 really pissed me off. 🤬 I know we've chatted, shared data, and moral support on this topic but it's got me in a cranky mood the past few weeks.  Too many great approach shots not getting cashed in. Come on you Celestial Masters of the game... throw a guy a bone.

tenor.gif?itemid=9140683

It's been 9 months since we played together, and honestly I thought you putted pretty well on those new-to-you greens after your move from Montana.  However, I'll throw a bone out there and hope that River doesn't intercept it.  😂

Not saying it's a problem for you, but...  What have you done to check lower body movement during you stroke?  On long putts it's not as critical as it is on short putts, but it's easy for me to rotate the hips a little... similar to a full swing or even a short pitch shot.  It's a natural golf motion that even with only a slight motion can lead to bad results when putting.  It can lead to pulls, and then I will unconsciously compensate and push putts.

My first putts on the practice green before a round is to check my ability to hit a straight 4-5' putt focusing on keeping my lead hip motionless.  I put my lead hand on my lead hip and putt with my right hand only (Tiger did that).  When my hip moves, I can feel it.  However, I know you putt lead-hand-low so I don't know what you would do that's similar.  I try to minimize any rotation by setting weight into my lead side.  I tend to miss more short putts when my stance is centered and evenly balanced.  Monte pointed out my lower body movement at one of his clinics.

Played 9 holes after work tonight at Falcon Valley. It's a really well put together 9 hole course, and this was my fourth time playing. I managed to string together a PB score beating my previous best by 5 strokes (50 previous).
The first 4 holes were an absolute roller coaster, and then I managed to adjust and finish out pretty solid.
This course doesn't have any range, and starts out with a pretty tricky par 5; so you never know what you're going to get. Today, I went with a 275yd fade (crushed for me) with a tremendous bounce and roll out into the water right. Got on to the green from my drop but three putted from there to set the tone. Recovered with a par on a par 3 only to triple bogey a par 4 and double bogey a par 5.
Highlight of the night would be hole 6. Had a nice drive but left it out right a bit about 65yds back of the green in the rough. Skulled my approach shot with the 60° to land in the tall grass behind the green. Managed a great recovery shot from the tall grass, landed before the hole and nearly went in but I managed about 7-8ft putt to close out par.
image.png.53ba7f2028cdad425cff4228547e25c8.pngimage.png.bb2439d2eb75fa7c4f4227660b308b11.png

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

9 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Played 9 holes after work tonight at Falcon Valley. It's a really well put together 9 hole course, and this was my fourth time playing. I managed to string together a PB score beating my previous best by 5 strokes (50 previous).
The first 4 holes were an absolute roller coaster, and then I managed to adjust and finish out pretty solid.
This course doesn't have any range, and starts out with a pretty tricky par 5; so you never know what you're going to get. Today, I went with a 275yd fade (crushed for me) with a tremendous bounce and roll out into the water right. Got on to the green from my drop but three putted from there to set the tone. Recovered with a par on a par 3 only to triple bogey a par 4 and double bogey a par 5.
Highlight of the night would be hole 6. Had a nice drive but left it out right a bit about 65yds back of the green in the rough. Skulled my approach shot with the 60° to land in the tall grass behind the green. Managed a great recovery shot from the tall grass, landed before the hole and nearly went in but I managed about 7-8ft putt to close out par.
image.png.53ba7f2028cdad425cff4228547e25c8.pngimage.png.bb2439d2eb75fa7c4f4227660b308b11.png

Congrats on the PB!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 hour ago, Ben Joest said:

Congrats on the PB!

IMG_1856.gif.9d28d654eeeb7910f80b9d36c7ec08ae.gif

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

1 hour ago, BallsLeon said:

Congratulations on the PB!! 👏  

5 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

IMG_8330.jpeg.49fd012d2f4f12068e239509a899e596.jpeg44 years married to this beauty, note the "Bob Hope Desert Classic" glasses from 1982... 

Congratulations on the #44. 👏 I ran the math and don't have to even ask if this is your PB 🤣

38/39 this morning at Granite Falls South.  I love my lightweight, non-spike FJ's but they aren't too good in the early morning damp grass.  I slipped on two drives that cost me some yardage.  This happened a couple of weeks ago as well.  My only spiked shoes are Puma black leather which are way too hot for this weather. Pretty steady play over the past couple of months - really liking where my game is now.  Next ceiling to bust through is an even par 72 round and the "Broke 70" badge.  I want to get mine before @cnosildoes 🤣.

Played yesterday and was truly awful. Got stuck behind/in between an outing and pace was bad, waiting around on tee boxes and then approach shots, just couldn’t get any rhythm. That being said, ball striking was just not there. Hoping to sneak 9 in somewhere tomorrow to see if I can work some of it out of my system but overall just a bad round. Swing just felt off all day and was missing crazy far off the toe which I haven’t done in a long time either. Can’t get much worse which is the only positive lol

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

They had shut down for about a year and a half and made some alterations so my Shot Scope watch wasn't too helpful.  Hole 1 is now hole 18. 

If you haven't already, send their support an email requesting they re-map the course.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played 18 yesterday and would like to say it went really well...

The front 9 alternated between good holes - eg. two pars and two "almost" pars where I pushed or pulled a short par putt and grazed the edge of the cup; along with two sloppy doubles and three "others" where it took me *multiple* tries to use a wedge to get the ball onto the green... 🤦‍♂️

The back 9 I settled down a bit (was playing with friends and we stopped for a snack and a beer 😄) - with one par, a bunch of "easy" bogies and two doubles .. one again due to poor wedge play and the other a lost ball penalty off the tee (OB) followed by a less than stellar recovery...

But despite all that I did manage to hit more driver shots off the tee that were either good or playable .. 10/14!! .. but then two that required a punchout, one in a fairway bunker and one lost OB. Interestingly 3/4 of those driver misses were left (vs my usual slice right) 🤔

Putting was mostly ok .. had a few fairly lengthy 1-putts .. but otoh ended my no 3-putt streak of about 36 holes 🤷‍♂️

So overall some good, some not so good. GOLF!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Had a decent nine today. If not for holes with penalties (2 high high holes) I played well). Tried hitting softer nines in not greens instead of full wedges and it was hit and miss. Was pully and it cost me. Shotscope died for last three holes, so was playing blind for distance and had to judge with my instincts  

IMG_8483.jpeg

IMG_8485.png

Edited by Vegan_Golfer_PNW
Edited Shotscope to best of my ability

My Reviews: