How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

19 hours ago, PankaGolf said:

Match play foursomes. 

lost to a guy we had to give 26 shots. TWENTY SIX. 

played well and happy with my game. Unhappy with TWO SIX. 

AF71D375-9836-402B-97D9-B8A45B29D597.jpeg

Jease! Wish I could get my approach like that! Sooooooo what holes did you give 2 shots on 😂

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

20 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Continued my run of Up & Down rounds .. ie. either good, or not, golf with only a little in-between...

Started off ok-ish with an ugly but in the fairway tee shot, pushed the second shot right and into trouble .. took a drop .. chip on, two putt .. double.

Next tee shot faded right but playable from the rough, good second to a good position (Par 5), chunked the next and duffed the one after that .. chip on, two putt .. double.

Next short Par 3 hit the green but ball bounced and rolled off the back into deep rough .. pitched it out ok but a little too far and ball ran off the edge on the far side .. chip on, got it close, one putt bogey.

Next hole dogleg left with trees lining the inside .. actually hit a GREAT tee shot (..very literally surprised myself!!) .. that I pulled a little left of my line but it carried all the trees and I must've gotten a very lucky bounce as the ball was sitting in the middle of the fairway 100yds out! Hit the second a little thin but it rolled out to a decent position to putt from .. "easy" two putt PAR!

Next hole is the longer Par 3 was playing about 150 .. was aiming a little right of the flag but tee shot went a bit left - straight at the flag - didn't leave it and ended up about 12 ft short of it! Missed the first putt on the high side but another "easy" two putt PAR!!

Next long Par 5 I started to compound mistakes, and the short Par 4 after that I totally made a mess of .. and stopped counting.....

So, thru the first 5 holes (of 9) at least, I was averaging Bogey Golf which is where I've been working to get to.

WORK IN PROGRESS!

That's awesome @cksurfdude! I'm really hoping you can keep up the trend of playing bogey (or better) golf. Keep it up!

• Like 5

Super tired today, but I managed to save a 81 after a display of terrible tee game today. 1 bird, this was the hole of the day though.  Even with the chunked 9 iron I made par.

I tried a different approach on 2 holes, cost me 2 strokes above normal.  Going back to bomb and gouge.

7B70B0C3-5EE8-4282-BC5B-90925AC1AD30.png

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome @cksurfdude! I'm really hoping you can keep up the trend of playing bogey (or better) golf. Keep it up!

Thank you, Sir!! We're both gonna get to a good golf place!

I didn't want to elaborate but hafta admit that as my shooting suffered, so did my attitude.... Gonna work more on that, too 👌

• Like 6

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

23 minutes ago, edingc said:

.. 36 holes in over three different courses, playing nine and 18 in the morning and then another nine after lunch.

All in one day??!!!??

Wow, and I'm sure I'm speaking for a few of the other ummm "seasoned" golfers on here, but.. that much swinging would probably have me laid up for a week .. or two! .. afterwards!!! (..yes I'm jealous)

Nice to hear you had fun! 👍

• Like 8

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

31 minutes ago, edingc said:

Had the day off and was able to get 36 holes in over three different courses, playing nine and 18 in the morning and then another nine after lunch.

Lost a ton of strokes off the tee today (12 total) and was miserable inside of 100 yards. Hit the ball pretty well and had some great drives mixed in there, but losing 12 strokes due to penalties is just killer!

Was a beautiful, beautiful day for golf and got to spend most of the holes with my brother-in-law and in-laws.

Morning 9

- 42 / 40 ESC (+6)
- 3/8 FIR
- 5/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

Had a nice birdie on No. 13, but snap hooked my drive out of bounds on No. 16 leading to a quadruple bogey.

Morning 18

- 46 / 46 = 92 / 91 ESC (+20)
- 10/16 FIR
- 6/18 GIR
- 30 Putts (1 3-putt, 11 2-putts, 5 1-putts, 1 par chip-in save)

I lost four balls off the tee, two snap hooks lost in the trees and tall grass and two balls to the water. 

We played The Falls at Barber Creek in Kent City, Michigan. Quite a trek for us, but the course is great. Greens were lightning fast. Proud of my putting as a result.

Afternoon 9

- 46 / 44 ESC (+10)
- 2/7 FIR
- 3/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 19 Putts (2 3-putts, 6 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

Won't lie - was starting to get pretty tired after lunch. Two doubles and a quad hurt. Otherwise played five pretty good holes for par.

Not my best day playing golf by any stretch, but it was a lot of fun and very enjoyable.

The way your rounds have been going I got $100 bucks on sub 80

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

44 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Thank you, Sir!! We're both gonna get to a good golf place!

I didn't want to elaborate but hafta admit that as my shooting suffered, so did my attitude.... Gonna work more on that, too 👌

Yessir, I completely agree that we're going to get to that good golf place...sooner rather than later. It sounds like you got off to a good start today and you should be proud of that.

I think it's important to remember our rounds fondly for those good shots and holes we're able to have. We'll start having them in droves before too long. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

26 strokes😱

No play for us today 😱

B5B1E597-C822-44F4-AE61-4A81B0ECE53D.jpeg

We only got 4 holes before the bottom of the clouds opened up and dumped on us at Plantation Palms...oh well, we decided to begin again on Thursday.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

All in one day??!!!??

Wow, and I'm sure I'm speaking for a few of the other ummm "seasoned" golfers on here, but.. that much swinging would probably have me laid up for a week .. or two! .. afterwards!!! (..yes I'm jealous)

Nice to hear you had fun! 👍

Thankfully, only the first nine (at my home course) were walking. Falls at Barber Creek (the 18) is cart only, and we lucked out with no one in front of us and zipped around in 3:40 as a foursome. 

I don't get cheated on my vacation time 😂.

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

The way your rounds have been going I got $100 bucks on sub 80

I'm very hit or miss! Usually as my tee game goes, my scores go, and then today my 50-100 yard short game just didn't help me out much at all. I'm starting to hit a ton of better shots these last few rounds, though, so another low round has to be around the corner!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 30, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

37 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

We only got 4 holes before the bottom of the clouds opened up and dumped on us at Plantation Palms...oh well, we decided to begin again on Thursday.

Wednesday rain most of the day, Thursday supposed to be less rain.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played a sort of new course for me on Sunday.

https://www.lonsdalelinks.com.au/cms/course/hole-1/

The course has been redesigned since I last played it, with a new 9 and significant chances to the original 9.

For some reason they decided to have “signature “ rectangular greens. Personally, I don’t think this adds anything but doesn’t detract either. Lots of severe slopes and ridges on the greens, and pretty much impossible to run the ball onto lots of greens which is a little strange as it’s supposed to be a links style.

Anyway, to the golf. Started with a birdie after a poor second caught the slope and rolled down to about 10 feet. A good start but then went backwards. Lost my swing for a few holes, drove poorly. Greens were very dewy which made it hard to judge speed.

A lack of familiarity with the course probably didn’t help my game, really uncertain where to hit it on a few holes.

Conditions we’re very calm which is a rarity for this course, it could get very tough when the wind is up.

Finished 13 over, which was a little disappointing but not too bad for a first time playing there. Highlight was a 5 iron to 10 feet from 175 yards. Swing and setup changes are starting to feel more normal

• Like 9

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

It was a pretty windy evening for us - gusts up to 20 mph. Still played pretty well considering the wind. Struggled off the tee a bit, but scrambled around pretty well for a +5. Decent chipping and 14 putts never hurts.

• Like 7

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

A rare Tuesday round today at one of C. Springs nicer courses, and it plays tougher as well.

Three doubles and a triple yet still shot an 85.  More pars than bogeys, a good sign.

image.png.1885a16c8d25f2e67220bb0deac156ed.png

• Like 6

Got out yesterday and continued string of pretty good golf. Six of my current handicap rounds are in my last eight total rounds. Midway through my last round I found a little something in swing setup and started hitting the ball much cleaner. That continued today, especially early. Actually ended up playing a draw which is an issue as I've always played a fade so figuring out that change off the tee was interesting. Almost played my first triple bogey free round until 18. Approach game and chipping/pitching felt really good. (also completely stole @edingc's round summary notes because it's so concise)

• 43/47 = 90 (+19)
  • 1/14 FIR (7%)
  • 4/18 GIR (22%)
  • 33 putts (13 2-putts, 4 1-putts, 1 3-putt)
  • Highlight: 3 par saves and a beauty of an approach shot from massive incline from 125 yards out with a 6-iron that I drew to 20 feet

I'm actually heavily considering joining a club today that's about 45 minutes from me with a couple courses, pretty affordable and hoping to be able to spend more range time so I can actually hit driver off the tee instead of hybrid lol. 

• Like 9

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

On 6/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, Lacassem said:

Jease! Wish I could get my approach like that! Sooooooo what holes did you give 2 shots on 😂

One was a Par3. Okay it’s a 195yard uphill par three to the trickiest green on the course but Jesus wept… actually halved that. 

one was a par 4 I birdied and lost. 

yeah let’s just move on before I think to much about it. So frustrating putting inside 6 feet from 170 and still losing a hole. 

• Like 4

"C'mon be good"

I guess you could say it was windy? Was 5 over today scratch which is good for me in the big wind, hit the ball very high naturally and while I can keep it low it’s not natural and I’m not as accurate. 

FFF05166-8C09-4B04-B13B-D6D51275311A.jpeg

• Like 4

"C'mon be good"