How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

54 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

I guess you could say it was windy? Was 5 over today scratch which is good for me in the big wind, hit the ball very high naturally and while I can keep it low it’s not natural and I’m not as accurate. 

FFF05166-8C09-4B04-B13B-D6D51275311A.jpeg

WOW! Maybe you should've just gone for the green...that's an incredible 7-iron!

• Like 6
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

41 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

WOW! Maybe you should've just gone for the green...that's an incredible 7-iron!

It’s a completely blind tee shot down a hill carry over two sets of trees and a pond to the green.  

I am stupid, not that stupid. The line you have to take is insanely difficult to commit too. 

• Like 6

"C'mon be good"

40 minutes ago, cnosil said:

An instructors job is not to make you feel comfortable and changes are supposed to feel awkward because you have changed your swing.  If you are happy for now, don’t go back for a lesson or take a longer gap between lessons.  His statements are designed to help give you confidence in you ability; you don’t want him to say “I don’t think you can do this but I want you to do X”.      I am a year into short game changes and a month into full swing changes. I am still trying to incorporate the changes but I am not ready for the next lesson.  

You make a great point about “being ready for the next lesson” and it’s something I’ll remember. In hindsight, I should’ve waited a bit longer before taking this one. It’s not a coach’s  job to keep me feeling comfortable. It’s to make me better.

That sounds so obvious, but the issue with me right now, and I’ve shared it here on this board and with him, is I’ve never struggled with a sport like I have recently with golf. Granted, I haven’t played those other sports in years, but for the first time in my life I’m seeing my body/age affect my ability to play a game.

As my SS has decreased, I started swinging harder in an effort to get back some distance. Not only did that wreak havoc with my game, I think it caused the back issues I had. It’s a weird position to be in. I’m going to have to learn to adjust not just physically, but mentally to all of this.

I need to learn to both push myself, yet accept what my limitations are, if that makes sense…

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 7

:callaway-small:   Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small:   Epic Star 15* & 18* Bassara

:callaway-small:  Super Hybrid 20* (+1*) Recoil ESX 460 

:callaway-small:  Rogue X 5-AW Synergy

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy CB 50* & 56* Synergy

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7  34” w/SuperStroke

:scotty-small:    Newport 2.0 33.5" :yes-small:    Tracy 33.5”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

I need to learn to both push myself, yet accept what my limitations are, if that makes sense…

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I played a quick 9 this afternoon after a 2 week break of no golf while on vacation. I couldn't get off the tee to save my life. But my putting was a whole different story. I had six 2 putts, two 3 putts and one 1 putt. I had two six footers and a 12 footer made. My wedge game was very good as well. But the way this game goes, that will all change next time out. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 9

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

New Level Golf NLU-01 18° Utility w/Mitsubishi Kura Kage Black

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Evnroll ER7 34” Testing: Evnroll ER11v 34”

Kirkland Signature V2.0 3 piece 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

OMG I can’t tell you how angry I am!!!

it became clear after just a few holes this morning that my computer has been snooped into.

that’s right I’m afraid, and it’s now clear who was doing the snooping!!

yup,   It was Evan, (my Evnroll)… he obviously was snooping and apparently found the notification that I was selected to review the new Edel EAS putter…

so he snuck out and drank some monster drink or something, and proceeded to drain almost every putt this morning in an effort to not get placed on the bench! Can you believe that sh!t? He made it thru the entire round with only 26 putts! And that caused me to shoot my best round in about 6 months, an even par round with 3 birdies!

what a dirty rat I tell ya, a stinkin dirty rat!

Happens every time.  I swear, the best way to straighten out your driver is to have a new driver paid for and on the way.

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids:  SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter:  ER7B 

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

6 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Happens every time.  I swear, the best way to straighten out your driver is to have a new driver paid for and on the way.

Great point!

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

it became clear after just a few holes this morning that my computer has been snooped into.

yup,   It was Evan, (my Evnroll)… he obviously was snooping and apparently found the notification that I was selected to review the new Edel EAS putter…

so he snuck out and drank some monster drink or something, and proceeded to drain almost every putt this morning in an effort to not get placed on the bench! Can you believe that sh!t? He made it thru the entire round with only 26 putts! And that caused me to shoot my best round in about 6 months, an even par round with 3 birdies!

Hmm. Things are most decidedly different in my household. My Ervin, he’s an ER7, gave me the best putting round in forever. He is most excited I was selected to test the ER11v and can’t wait meet his new sister Eva. Good luck with your Edsel.  😂 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

New Level Golf NLU-01 18° Utility w/Mitsubishi Kura Kage Black

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Evnroll ER7 34” Testing: Evnroll ER11v 34”

Kirkland Signature V2.0 3 piece 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Due to going back to shift work and some terrible weather, I haven't been playing much recently. I have also been trying some new irons, Titleist T100, so I haven't been expecting much.

I have managed to get three nine hole hits in just in the last few days and I was very surprised. for the 27 holes I am 5 over par and falling deeply in love with the T100s. They are so nice to hit, spin well and are super consistent. Looks like I have found my new sticks 😁😎

• Like 8

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

This is GOLD!

14 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I wonder how far we could take this?  "Honey, I only got a girlfriend to improve my relationship with you!"

I can absolutely, 100% tell you, due to a previous work life doing "things" for people, that this rarely, RARELY, ends well. It's worth a shot though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just now, edingc said:

- 41/38 = 79 (+7)
- 7/15 FIR
- 10/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 33 Putts (2 3-putts, 11 2-putts, 5 1-putts)

One of the ugliest feeling 79s I'll ever shoot as I didn't hit the ball particularly well and got a few favorable bounces off trees lining the fairway. But I hit a few good short game shots when it mattered and sank a few big putts. I also strung together two solid birdies on No. 2 and No. 16, which are usually bogey holes for me. After opening the back with bogey on No. 10 and double on No. 11, I cruised with six pars and a birdie on holes 12-18.

One of the side effects of the last lesson I had is that I seem to be hitting the ball too high with the driver now. It's definitely more accurate, but I'm getting too much spin and my distances have gone down quite a bit (at least 20-30 yards on good strikes). I'm going to have to get that straightened out.

Knew I should have fielded bets! Sometimes luck overtakes skill still a good round, solid GIR!

• Like 6

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸