Jump to content

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

We’ll I unfortunately had a later start and early departure to the annual golf weekend. My daughter had a mild fever Monday-Wednesday and Wednesday night she spiked really fast to 103.8 so we went to the ER. Found out she had an infection. Was a very long night and decided that if she was doing better with antibiotics that I would just head up Friday morning and be able to get 18 in the afternoon and play the rounds Saturday. Won’t get into the details but Wednesday night was pretty rough 

We’ll she was doing better and my wife kept telling me to go Thursday night/Friday morning so I headed up at 745am got there at 1045 and had a up and down 18. I was happy with my approach play, my thought process worked, slow and steady. The wind Definitely messed with yardages for me. Views were great and course was fun but had a few spots in rough shape.

04C74688-C2E5-4431-B228-ED3FA954A02D.jpeg.d490680a7d11de447c5d1b7c651f7c60.jpeg95C44646-FF7D-430B-83CE-69385E3B2987.jpeg.6be56dddd8732c9bb630e8a7918f4d3d.jpeg

This was Definitely a “what could have been” round for me. I had 5 penalties (4 on the back) and a snowman. I aM chalking penalties up to poor sleep and a long drive up. Total 90 with 2 birdies/2 pars/10 bogies/3 doubles/1 other…..Was pretty windy and I feel like I caught a few really good drives that stayed in the 260-270 range that would have been out there.

highlight holes were the 2 birdies. Put the 8 iron to about 5’ on a pretty tucked pin. Other I zipped a 1/2 swing 52* to about 5”8883EC44-A6B9-46A9-9DAD-6C670383BC79.png.a2b3d32ab0d50a46a95fc34922a30e25.png7ABF0994-3805-443D-B1F6-DBDD6823A3E2.png.2b573246cd6b8683115a7711a7b145f7.png

biggest regret hole was a par 5 on the back. Spanked driver and was 185 out. Combination of being elevated little downwind and pushing the ball my 7 iron flew well past the flag and rifgt and what could have been a birdie possibly eagle turned to a bogey 🤦‍♂️(That 8 iron was trying to punch it out of the fescue)372CAC07-F473-485F-AE31-9B59B8C585D5.png.da6c4e4172f820a8a91056d690181a51.png

was a good day and was able to play with friends and family and also meet @ejgaudette who’s calf game is all the hype he had talked about in posts. @StrokerAce@B.Boston
8F275DB2-E93C-4911-B51D-7EC3B48F089E.jpeg.7658c0cd1378274fb95903cdcb20d791.jpeg
 

After that headed back to the house we stay at and my daughter started climbing in temp again so I decided to head out, wife was stressed I wasn’t going to sleep well just wasn’t worth it. She is doing well today think the antibiotics are kicking in but if I didn’t would have been 103 this morning, Newton’s law.

but I probably just banked about 90 extra holes this year with the wife so silver lining 😂 

Going back home definitely right decision.

Got 1 day of golf in👍

  • Like 4

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yesterday was another one of THOSE rounds. I was paired up with a 3some that were marginal golfers but insisted on playing the 2nd tees at 6800. I played a combo at 6600 and was always way past them off the tee. The killer was we played behind a bachelor party of 4 groups and they took a little over 5 hours to play 18. We finished in almost total darkness but the 18th is near the clubhouse and the lights made it possible to see out putts. 

... What really capped off the round was I was hit for the 2nd time this year and by my own guys. In this 110* heat it is imperative to find shade to park your cart, especially when waiting 10+ minutes to hit your tee shot. The vinyl seat turns into a frying pan if you sit in the sunlight. So these guys were not very good off the tee and I went into the shade off to the left of the tee box under a tree and behind some bushes in the shade. Heard the first 2 the off then heard the 3rd swing followed by a good sting on my right calf after hearing the ball ripping through the bushes and tree. Honestly you could hit 10 tee shots right at that spot and not get through the thick bushes and the tree but somehow he managed to hit me although it was a good 15 yds left and only 10yds in front of their tee box but the only place with shade. 

... Poor guy felt sooo bad and it really shook him up. Hit me just inside the shin bone so I was lucky, although it swelled up with a 1/2 golf ball bump. I kept ice on it and other than the initial stinging it never hurt again and by the end of the round the swelling had gone down considerably . But he sat in the cart after effusively apologizing and didn't finish the hole. He played #9 but hit a really bad the shot, duffed his second with a wood and then just picked up. As we passed the parking lot on the way to #10 he got dropped off and apologized for like the 10th time and said he just couldn't keep playing. He offered to pay for my round which was so unnecessary and I tried to tell him it was equally my fault for getting in front of them teeing off, although I didn't say I felt completely safe behind a tree and bushed 15 yds left of the tee box LOL. Thankfully it is a little sore to the touch this morning but basically a non issue so I got pretty lucky. 

 

Your lucky it was your leg.  A ball traveling that fast and that close could really do damage. Sounds like  it scared the stuffing out of both of you.  

 

  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yesterday was another one of THOSE rounds. I was paired up with a 3some that were marginal golfers but insisted on playing the 2nd tees at 6800. I played a combo at 6600 and was always way past them off the tee. The killer was we played behind a bachelor party of 4 groups and they took a little over 5 hours to play 18. We finished in almost total darkness but the 18th is near the clubhouse and the lights made it possible to see out putts. 

... What really capped off the round was I was hit for the 2nd time this year and by my own guys. In this 110* heat it is imperative to find shade to park your cart, especially when waiting 10+ minutes to hit your tee shot. The vinyl seat turns into a frying pan if you sit in the sunlight. So these guys were not very good off the tee and I went into the shade off to the left of the tee box under a tree and behind some bushes in the shade. Heard the first 2 the off then heard the 3rd swing followed by a good sting on my right calf after hearing the ball ripping through the bushes and tree. Honestly you could hit 10 tee shots right at that spot and not get through the thick bushes and the tree but somehow he managed to hit me although it was a good 15 yds left and only 10yds in front of their tee box but the only place with shade. 

... Poor guy felt sooo bad and it really shook him up. Hit me just inside the shin bone so I was lucky, although it swelled up with a 1/2 golf ball bump. I kept ice on it and other than the initial stinging it never hurt again and by the end of the round the swelling had gone down considerably . But he sat in the cart after effusively apologizing and didn't finish the hole. He played #9 but hit a really bad the shot, duffed his second with a wood and then just picked up. As we passed the parking lot on the way to #10 he got dropped off and apologized for like the 10th time and said he just couldn't keep playing. He offered to pay for my round which was so unnecessary and I tried to tell him it was equally my fault for getting in front of them teeing off, although I didn't say I felt completely safe behind a tree and bushed 15 yds left of the tee box LOL. Thankfully it is a little sore to the touch this morning but basically a non issue so I got pretty lucky. 

 

My money is on you NOT getting pegged a third time this season.  Sounds like a spare, light colored towel to cover the vinyl seats would be a good accessory... and it's only June 😜.

  • Like 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Your lucky it was your leg.  A ball traveling that fast and that close could really do damage. Sounds like  it scared the stuffing out of both of you.  

 

... Yup, stand on that tee and there is just no way you can hit the ball into those bushes. Yet obviously there was. He had to hit it on the heel and almost off the club face. My head and upper body was completely protected by the tree and I thought my legs were as well but they must have stuck out a few inches and he managed to hit that one teeny tiny window. 

  • Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

My money is on you NOT getting pegged a third time this season.  Sounds like a spare, light colored towel to cover the vinyl seats would be a good accessory... and it's only June 😜.

 

... I should take that bet LOL. Never been hit in over 40 years then twice in 4 months. I use my club/ball towel to cover the seat but that is a good idea to take a separate one. Phoenix local says he brings a bath matt with a rubber bottom so it won't slide off once the intense summer heat roll around. 

  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Yup, stand on that tee and there is just no way you can hit the ball into those bushes. Yet obviously there was. He had to hit it on the heel and almost off the club face. My head and upper body was completely protected by the tree and I thought my legs were as well but they must have stuck out a few inches and he managed to hit that one teeny tiny window. 

I was hit similarly many years ago on the foot and I was parallel to the ball and it was just shanked.  I was also lucky.

We have a couple guys who play the next forward set of Tees and they try to “creep” up, noooooo way, bring LH there’re right in my line of sight and I make them get back.  
Don’t want to kill an 80 year old 😱

  • Like 6

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... I should take that bet LOL. Never been hit in over 40 years then twice in 4 months. I use my club/ball towel to cover the seat but that is a good idea to take a separate one. Phoenix local says he brings a bath matt with a rubber bottom so it won't slide off once the intense summer heat roll around. 

We humans think of everything 🤣.

Cool Ass Technology (coolassseats.com)

  • Haha 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

We humans think of everything 🤣.

Cool Ass Technology (coolassseats.com)

I like that, especially cooling.  Unfortunately my cart is a Yamaha and they don’t make a product for them yet……

 

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got out for a hot humid round.

Driver is still the star of the show……11/14 fairways

Really need to spend some time with mid and long irons only 4 GIR

28 putts

44 + 42 = 86

  • Like 9

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB



Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...