How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

This weeks league score was a POS due to the Standard Amount of Crappy putting. Ball striking was really good, but the stupid putter was the same as before... no different. I hit 8 greens out of 9, and still shot 4 over, with one Bird. That means 4 3 putts, and one miss from 4 feet.

Stupid game.

I still haven't thrown my putter this year........ yet.

Driver - :taylormade-small:   Stealth 9° Graphite Design Tour AD XC Stiff
Fairway - Cannot find one worth a dang

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -  Ping PLD Anser (inbound)  Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Shot 75 yesterday with only 26 putts. Pins were set for a tournament and pretty tight, so I hit a lot of short side fringes. My GIR took a hit (I only missed 2 greens, but it still went down as a 9/18 GIR round), but my PPR went way down, due to putting from the fringe a lot. All in all, it was a good day.

Shot 75 yesterday with only 26 putts. Pins were set for a tournament and pretty tight, so I hit a lot of short side fringes. My GIR took a hit (I only missed 2 greens, but it still went down as a 9/18 GIR round), but my PPR went way down, due to putting from the fringe a lot. All in all, it was a good day.

Nice round..

Putters -  Ping PLD Anser (inbound)  Evnroll ER1V/Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Nice round..

Thanks. It sounds like we're in the same boat; I've been striking the ball very well, my putting has been horrendous. While I only had 26 putts yesterday, I lipped out 5 very makable birdies. I just switched to the split-handed putting grip and it must have worked, because before my putts weren't even hitting the lips.

Thanks. It sounds like we're in the same boat; I've been striking the ball very well, my putting has been horrendous. While I only had 26 putts yesterday, I lipped out 5 very makable birdies. I just switched to the split-handed putting grip and it must have worked, because before my putts weren't even hitting the lips.

I am considering a long putter.

and bowling.

Played in a 4 ball handicap match for our Cup Team yesterday. Those guys ran into a buzzsaw! I shot a 36 on the front and my partner shot 37! Closed them out on 13, after which I proceeded to bogey my way in for a 79, ruining what should have been my best round of the season!

Team won 6-4, which makes us 2-1 overall with 3 more to play!

I love playing well when it matters!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I am considering a long putter.

and bowling.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Shot a season low nine hole round of 42 at Pinecrest CC today. My putting fundamentals had gotten sloppy and I switched back to a reverse overlap putting grip which has made all the difference in the world.

I'm also digging the new irons. I have to focus a little more - especially when hitting the long irons. But, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Congrats on the 42! I'm hoping to get out this weekend...

Thanks Matt. Yeah, me too. I'm thinking about trying to make it out Sunday if the weather is OK.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

My ride back to playing respectable golf continues. I only got 6 holes in today (marking the third consecutive time my dad and I have been rained out), but I made 3 pars and 3 easy bogeys and I hit a lot of good shots. The putter change has got me back in an aggressive mindset - I dropped a 25+ footer and hit everything else to 6 inches. Also chipped one in, which is good fun.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Hot, Hot day Sunday, heat index was 104, humidity was 95%. We teed off at 7:45, and the back 9 was so dern hot. I kept hydrated with Natural Light all day. My driver was all over the place, a lot of hook which I have never done before, but I played well around and on the greens to post a respectable (for me) 91 on rock hard dried out greens at Stumpy Lake.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda.

That is great..

So today I played 18 with the boss and a former colleague at a local 9 hole par 35. I put the Seemore into play along with the new irons, and new driver. I managed to shoot a respectable 75 with 2 birdies and ZERO 3 putts!!!! I hope things continue along the same path.

Great shootin' Nic!

I ran into a sandbagger today, he's a 20 Index, I'm a currently a 9. I was giving 6 strokes based on Course Handicap * 80%. I shot a 40 on the front, which is decent for me, and this guy throws up a 38 and I swear he missed two 3 footers on purpose. I was down three after 9, and conceeded the match to him to save his life and perhaps mine, I was afraid I was going to have a stroke I was so pissed off.

:D

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I shot a 43 today with 3 fairways, 3 GIRs, and 16 putts. Putted very well - knocked down all my putts inside 10 feet and some of them were pretty nasty. Ball striking was pretty mediocre and the driver wasn't wild, but it wasn't quite on point either. I do give myself a bonus pat on the back for playing golf psychologist to the guy I was playing with - he was having a miserable time, but I'd like to think that I had a hand in his finishing with a par on a tough par 5.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

That is great..

So today I played 18 with the boss and a former colleague at a local 9 hole par 35. I put the Seemore into play along with the new irons, and new driver. I managed to shoot a respectable 75 with 2 birdies and ZERO 3 putts!!!! I hope things continue along the same path.

No 3 putts?????

The following exchange comes to mind...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

No 3 putts?????

The following exchange comes to mind...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Imagine my surprise when the Giant Mr Sta-Puft met me on the 18th green......