MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

It's early. Give it a few weeks.

Yeah then you can be super frustrated. :)

• Like 3

Well, I woke up very dizzy this morning, had taken the day off to run the Tuesday game for a friend at Babe Zaharias (5500 yds for Seniors). My Buddy Bob picked me up at 6:30 so I didn't have to drive. We had 24 players (pretty good showing).

I was having a horrible time keeping everything from spinning. My guess is this is due to the extreme amount of pollen in the air and my allergies. I guess I must have focused harder, because I shot a 43/42=85. No Birdies, but a lot of up and downs. I also had a CTP on the Par 3 #8......but missed the downhill putt. The SCORs are really working. I am able to adjust 5 or 10 yards by simply moving my grip and taking the same 3/4 swing. Really worked the 54 & 57 wedges today.

This course, being considerably shorter than my normal Saturday game, allows me to focus on different irons. I was hitting Driver then 7 or 8 or PW to the Green. I enjoy playing it.

Next up is our semi-annual Two Day Points Tournament. Should be 44 players.

• Like 2

Didn't play so hot but goal number 1 of having fun was accomplished. Played with Damon, we both had solid 37s on the front but that's where it ended for me until 17. I hit two drives with 5 wood that went 5 yards too far, actually 15 yards than I would normally hit the ball, one lead to double and the other x.

Damon shot 75, if I give myself double instead of x I shot 78. Not so hot....

Time to hit the practice green because my short game was not so hot. Damon hit it well and putted it better. I drove it well and hit some nice shots but those two holes and a couple of inexplicable shots in between them were just ugly.

• Like 2

Got out for the first round of the year with Jason today. Had a great time! Even had a birdie

• Like 3

Got out for the first round of the year with Jason today. Had a great time! Even had a birdie

Weather was perfect. I had a couple birdies too. Not bad for the first time out. Lots of improving to do.

• Like 1

I need help, but I don't think they have help for players like me, I played 2 rounds over the weekend, Friday 84, Saturday 87, totals 25 of 28 fairways, and 2 of the ones I missed were good tee shots, one was just off the fairway, and the other ran through the fairway, the only other fairway I missed I managed to par from the trees. Those are really good numbers, I hit 6 out of 36 greens, most were from 150 or closer in the middle of the fairway. Putting was normal, probably 80 putts total, 40 in each round, mostly 2 putts, with a few 3 putts mixed in, I did manage 1 birdie, I chipped in on hole number 2 on Saturday. I simply cannot hit an iron shot right now, and my putting seems to get worse with every stroke.

It's really been windy this weekend, with 25+ mph, so scoring is tough.  Still need to figure out distances with new shafts in the irons, but it's SO nice to be finally be hitting off the turf outside I don't really care ;)

It's really been windy this weekend, with 25+ mph, so scoring is tough.  Still need to figure out distances with new shafts in the irons, but it's SO nice to be finally be hitting off the turf outside I don't really care ;)

If the weather here is any indication of what you will be getting soon, then you are in for some great playing time this next week!  We had some wind Fri-Sat that was what you probably got this weekend too.  Yesterday was a little breezy, but not bad.  I had 2 birds; one a one hop pitch-in with my 58 SCOR, and a 30 foot putt.  

The forecast is sunny for the next 7 days and highs pushing 80 degrees!!  Hope it gets there soon... I'm enjoying it!!!

• Like 1

Played hooky today and got in a round at Bluebonnet with jdiddyesquire. Rain last night made the course a little slower than normal.

Winds were a mild factor too. We both were playing to our handicaps, hitting some missing others.

By far, the shot of the day was on 15:

Dogleg left, uphill, green hidden from teebox by trees and bushes. I hit my standard, slice and landed about 115 out from green. Jdiddyesquire proceeds to pull out a 5 wood, takes aim at a green he has never seen and rips it. Ball shoots out like a lazer and winds through trees, landing in the greenside bunker at about 240. After hitting my second, I head to the green where J is already in the bunker. Then like Bubba at the HSBC last year, J blasts out of the sand and rolls it 14 yards to drop in the cup like it was under remote control.

It was beautiful.

On my side of the card, played mostly bogey golf today. My only highlights being a solitary 308 yrd drive and a birdy on 18 after sticking my 2nd shot 18 inches out from the pin.

Overall a pretty nice day.

81 yesterday, 85 today. Still looking for that elusive 79. It seems that all parts of my game are decent at the moment but all could use improvement. Gonna keep focusing on 75 yards and in, around the greens, and my putting and see what happens.

17?? what is this 17 you speak of?????

i know of no 17 on that course.....

Kinda like there's no 13th floor in some high rise buildings?

• Like 1

We had our semi annual Two Day Blitz this weekend. 39 golfers played. I shot a 90 and 88 putting me + 7 on my points and finishing 4th place with $142. Sunday's round was 41/47 with a Birdie on #8. The total payout was over $5k. First place got $350 and last place got $72.

Now on to the next Two Day Blitz.....in October.

I am beginning to strike the ball better with the Mizuno's and SCOR's.

• Like 2

Beautiful Chicago Springday today- low 60's zephyr of a breeze and mildly sunny.

Snuck out with three buddies to play a GC I hadn't in almost 15 years. Due to them not being able to break 115 and it being my third round of the year, they played the whites and I played the blues (one off back). I have to get out and get my swing on video n do some actual practice to see where/why my clubface is dead shut. I generally play straight or five yard fade, now my miss is a left or left and still going left. I don't like the shape and it's difficult to control.

Courses are still nowhere near in good shape, but the grass is starting to turn green. I was able to manage five birdies for 73. Missed a few I should've made, including many poor lags and especially two birdies inside ten feet on the last two holes. Oh well, I'll take it for this time of year. It just nice hearing birds chirp, smelling freshly mown grass, and seeing green again.

• Like 3

Kinda like there's no 13th floor in some high rise buildings?

the first rule of the 17th: you dont talk about the 17th.

the SECOND rule of the 17th: YOU DONT TALK ABOUT THE 17TH!!!

Got a chance to play 9 with some buddies on a course I hadn't played in a few years.  Despite the 25+ mph wind, I managed 2 pars, 2 doubles and 5 bogies for my second round of Spring, which made me feel pretty good.  Drove the ball well (easily longer than the other "old farts" I was playing with), and had a good day with my wedges.

the first rule of the 17th: you dont talk about the 17th.

the SECOND rule of the 17th: YOU DONT TALK ABOUT THE 17TH!!!

Are you sure you didn't play TPC Sawgrass?

• Like 2

First practice of the year for league. I shot a + 2, 36 on the front nine. I'm not complaining one bit for the first time out!

• Like 1