How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yesterday was another one of THOSE rounds. I was paired up with a 3some that were marginal golfers but insisted on playing the 2nd tees at 6800. I played a combo at 6600 and was always way past them off the tee.

if someone is that bad at golf, does it really matter what tees they play? 

in theory it’s kind of like putting a 4 year old behind the wheel of a car. doesn’t matter if it’s a ferrari or a dodge dart, they don’t know what the hell they’re doing either way 

• Like 8

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We have 2 courses shut down from this weeks rain and the one we played Friday probably should have been also.

More rain this week….

Seems like just last week you mentioned how dry it had been down there you were getting close to drought conditions!  

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

if someone is that bad at golf, does it really matter what tees they play? 

in theory it’s kind of like putting a 4 year old behind the wheel of a car. doesn’t matter if it’s a ferrari or a dodge dart, they don’t know what the hell they’re doing either way 

I think the analogy of the ferrari & dodge dart applies more to the clubs they play. 

I think the tees they play would be more like the 4 yo trying to pull forward in the driveway or find his way to the nearest Chuck E Cheese!    🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

in theory it’s kind of like putting a 4 year old behind the wheel of a car. doesn’t matter if it’s a ferrari or a dodge dart,

Used to have a Dodge Dart, man I miss that car. Wasn't much, but it used to be my grandmother's car and she gave it to me. Never had a Ferrari, I'd probably do something stupid driving one if I did. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I think the analogy of the ferrari & dodge dart applies more to the clubs they play. 

I think the tees they play would be more like the 4 yo trying to pull forward in the driveway or find his way to the nearest Chuck E Cheese!    🤣

mmmm…pizza rat. what a weird and terrifying children’s character haha

if a group is gonna duff, shank, and dribble their way around a course i don’t see shortening their tees by 4 or 500 yards making much of a difference at all

• Like 6

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Used to have a Dodge Dart, man I miss that car. Wasn't much, but it used to be my grandmother's car and she gave it to me. Never had a Ferrari, I'd probably do something stupid driving one if I did. 

growing up, my dad had a pretty beat up Datsun that he used as a work car. he always called it his ferrari. 

the e-brake wasn’t connected so i used to love pulling it while he was driving and hearing it click as it went up. i got a ride home from a basketball game from my friend’s dad one time and couldn’t understand why he freaked out when i went to grab the functioning e-brake in his car 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Seems like just last week you mentioned how dry it had been down there you were getting close to drought conditions!  

Amazing isn’t it!  We went from dust bowl/dead brown grass to Lush Tropics in 2 weeks.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

We have 2 courses shut down from this weeks rain and the one we played Friday probably should have been also.

More rain this week….

We could use some of that rain out west!!!  

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Sh$&&@ day today, shooting 43/48:91 with two penalties….just couldn’t get in the groove.  Had two big swingers with us today. They knock it a country mile but then you spend time looking for it……no short game at all. Guess it kinda threw me off my game.

CFD7BD08-4356-4314-A60C-66BAB0D0CF9F.jpeg

Now there’s a cutie!!  Water level still looks a bit low.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... It's always interesting picking out which negative if we can choose where to live or retire. Midwest has insane storms and tornados and just brutal winters. Far west has earthquakes, drought, wildfires and poor air quality. South has oppressively high humidity and torrential rain. Here in AZ there has been a catastrophic drought and wildfires are completely out of control. ONE day of rain since December and none in sight for Phoenix in the near future. With temps at 115+ I would love several days of all day rain, something I never said in Illinois. There may be some rain north of the city for several days which would really help with the wildfires, so fingers crossed. 

I guess I'll just stay in East Tennessee. No extreams here. Still have four seasons but nothing bad enough to complain about.  

• Like 9

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

20 hours ago, CarlH said:

Our Sr. scrambles are once every month or so during the season.  It isn't that competitive and you only win points that go to  pro shop credit at the end of the year.  It's more of a social event, with coffee and donuts before the shotgun start and generally non-hosted lunch afterwards.  At the end of the season we have a banquet.  My only issue with playing different tees is that they dropped the standard for which tees to play.  Play whichever ones you want to play is the concept.  One guy who is much longer than me always played the more forward tees because they allow it.  You lose a couple of strokes, but his thought process is to win KP on the par 3s....I play my regular tees, because I see no reason to move forward.  I tend to use the scramble more as a practice exercise.  You don't win that much, so it's not a big issue for me.   Our senior group has a lot of guys over 80 playing, most in their 70s, with a few still in their 60s, and even less in their 50s.  I play because it gives me a chance to play with some members that I typically don't play with otherwise....well, that and the donuts.

The scrambles here are every Wednesday... $5 and pay the entire pot out to the top 3 teams.  The "rules" state that you play the tees that you usually play from.  It's a senior scramble age 60 and older, but at 74 I am one of the oldest.  Teams are picked at random with the low handicappers being captains.  Not sure what the formula is for assigning team handicap.  Since I normally play Blues, I can't compete with the guys off that tee.  I feel that I drag down any team I'm assigned to, so it's not that fun for me.  If I normally played from the Whites, it might be different.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a terrible round on Saturday, never got into any real groove, the back 9 my back started to act up and was favoring not turning to much on that side, so it was all hands. You could tell as shots where just weak off the the right, not completing the swing.

Hoping a few better before tomorrow tournament and see if I can play without my back having issues. 

• Like 8

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

17 hours ago, fozcycle said:

shooting 43/48:91

Got me by 1. I had the back 9 blow out as well with a 43/49:92. We pretty much cruised around the front, then ran into a group that I've been stuck behind before. We waited 10 minutes before we could tee off on 10 and that killed me.

But I hit some good drives.

1210397851_windmill06-27.gif.52aa70f9c5595fcb1bfa7819c9315431.gif

1382195097_windmill06-272.gif.100b17603ec112a8256ee58abcdf6e99.gif

windmill 06-27 3.gif

• Like 5
  • Love 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!