Jump to content
Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

@Jnoble89 @cksurfdude, I appreciate the positive words! This game is tough mentally whether you're playing or not able to. I am thankful for all the support from the wonderful people I've been fortunate to get to know in here. You guys are awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Jason, if I still lived in TN I would drive down and give you a smack on the back of the head (Like Gibbs does to Tony on NCIS). You don’t have to be on the course all the time to talk about golf. Think about our northern brothers who can’t play for 4 to 6 months. They still talk about golf when there is 2 feet of snow outside. Some of our members had knee replacements or other medical issues and were down for extended periods of time. They still posted.


Like Sam said, you’re part of the team (AKA Forum Member). Now remove your cranium from your rectum and wipe that sh&t off your face. 

That’s better, I can see your smile now. Get that foot fixed and let’s plan on figuring out how to play golf together in the spring. I want to see your swing without the foot pain.

 

@sirchunksalot  Tom is right.  Besides you are on my list to visit when I travel to TN and GA to visit old friends.  Get that foot healed!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tom the Golf Nut, you weren't kidding about the smile, I'm laughing as I am sitting here at work. I think I was envisioning the Gibbs smack and that was funny. We'll definitely have to get together and play once things are healed up.

The same for you, @Kenny B. If you come down, we'll definitely get together and play. You're one of the stalwarts on the forum and were one of the first members I interacted with, so a round with you would be awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Jason, if I still lived in TN I would drive down and give you a smack on the back of the head (Like Gibbs does to Tony on NCIS). You don’t have to be on the course all the time to talk about golf. Think about our northern brothers who can’t play for 4 to 6 months. They still talk about golf when there is 2 feet of snow outside. Some of our members had knee replacements or other medical issues and were down for extended periods of time. They still posted.


Like Sam said, you’re part of the team (AKA Forum Member). Now remove your cranium from your rectum and wipe that sh&t off your face. 

That’s better, I can see your smile now. Get that foot fixed and let’s plan on figuring out how to play golf together in the spring. I want to see your swing without the foot pain.

 

Well Stated @Tom the Golf Nut!! Jason @sirchunksalot you better listen to Tom & Sam, you're part of the Team!  By the Way, no one can post earlier than you in the Morning thread, it just wouldn't be right! 🤣


Funny thing Tom, I'm reading your post & watching reruns of NCIS & Gibbs smacked Tony on the back of the head 🤣🤣, had to laugh! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the wind finally subsided down to 4mph, it made it a little easier on club selection. Shot 41 with 5 bogeys and 4 pars. Left 2 par putts short, the greens haven't been cut in 3 days talk about slow. Looks like tomorrow and Thursday are probably going to be it for us. Have fun all you warm weather golfers.

Frank musolino 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I normally don't play on Tuesdays, but after the bitter cold and windy Sunday, today's 50º sunny and no wind was inviting.  It's also the last day for us to post scores in GHIN this year, and I wanted to end with a good one.  

I walked 18 holes for the first time in years.  I walk 9 holes once in a while, but haven't done 18 since my group of old guys quit playing a few years ago.  It was my wife's day to play with her lady friends, but they only had a threesome, so I ended up joining them as the token male instead of playing with a group of strangers an hour later.  

It was another round of no doubles or worse, but I couldn't make a putt.  Most putts were in the 20-25 foot range and I had a lot of tap-ins for par.  Shot 41/36 for a nice 77 that included pars on the last 8 holes after a lip-out bogey on #10.  Felt good to walk; back was feeling good, but my right knee started bothering me.  I guess it will get replaced next fall.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2023 at 9:45 PM, rkj427 said:

Posted my first round in the Virtual Tour thread, and added some pictures IMG_2438 conv.jpeg

Loved your pics of the Sandhill Cranes.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@sirchunksalot Jason, your comment of "having a blast playing a beautiful course" says it all!

Glad that you were able to enjoy your day! ⛳

@Dweed Thanks for the compliment on the Sand Hill cranes, they actually are quite common to see in this Metropark. 👍 

Edited by rkj427

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, rkj427 said:

@sirchunksalot Jason, your comment of "having a blast playing a beautiful course" says it all!

Glad that you were able to enjoy your day! ⛳

@Dweed Thanks for the compliment on the Sand Hill cranes, they actually are quite common to see in this Metropark. 👍 

Thanks, Robert! One of the things I'm trying to do lately is keep a calmer mindset on the course because I'm hyper competitive and extremely critical of myself. I'm starting to see the benefits of relaxing and taking each shot as they come. I only got mad once yesterday and that was because it took me three shots to get out of a greenside bunker. I was mostly aggravated because the and was loose and very uncomfortable on my foot. I just wanted out of there. Plus, I think sometimes we get in the habit of worrying about score and not taking the time to appreciate being out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudgeSmails and I were able to get our last round of the season in, last friday.  I shot a 41 (Par 36) on the Front.  The shot of my round was on my 2nd shot of hole 5 (Par 5)  I hit my 5W, as well as i can hit it.  It landed approximately 3 yards away from being able to have putted for eagle.  The ball rolled into the wet second cut instead of rolling onto the green.  (I did make my par after missing my birdie putt)  Many positives on the progress of my game, this year.  Just wanted to chime in.  

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

A group of us traveled to Emerald Canyon in Parker, AZ, played Monday and Tuesday, and stayed overnight at the Bluewater Casino.  Great course and place to stay.  I have done several of these trips with friends when we wintered in Yuma and pre-covid.  My new golf buddies here were discussing trips last spring and I brought this one up as an option.  Everyone had a great time, they loved the course, and already want to go back next spring or fall.

We all had good rounds on Monday with everyone shooting at or near their index.  I had a one under 35 on the front 😍 but followed that up with a 42 on the back 🥲.  Tuesday was tougher for everyone with no one beating their day one score... casino effects... who knows 😆.  I shot a 40/42, ending with my only TB of the 2 days play on #18.

b640974acfd55347d9eca7cbea8b0844.gif

The group

4some.jpg.ad0be1757aa178218fd8032fefc315f6.jpg

Some views of the course

5.jpg.379035b93c90d00e204e218d587e848f.jpg6.jpg.90606b844cd1198a9e9e0847c97d2945.jpg16.jpg.8426b7457f1919a9009de66d0730c247.jpg61.jpg.d2c185189708a1c9e4fee4a2e618b672.jpg62.jpg.e5fa043e01df87847e015220b5149458.jpg10.jpg.a03d1658aea650448afefca06f41165c.jpg

#12.jpg

I love it, Bill! That's a good looking course and it appears like y'all had a good time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I love it, Bill! That's a good looking course and it appears like y'all had a good time. 

Yes, it's an interesting, fun, and fraught with disaster layout.  Clearly designed with risk/reward in mind and in a way that even the more conservative course management type players say "yea, I can make that shot".  🫣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

IMG_0065.jpeg.9a0c4dc2d14dd9d6e03e079a4a9da5a6.jpegso this happened today, my 11th hole in one on number 11 at my home course Olympic View just outside Victoria British Columbia. 
I am starting to get a good feel of my Takomo 301 MB’s, I hit a beautiful 168 yd 5 iron on number 4 to 6 feet, then hit a 6 iron 146 uphill into a bit of a fan, right on line one bounce and dunked we!’ and only 6 degrees Celsius. About 43 degrees Farenheight. lots of positives with these irons….

Congratulations! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

IMG_0065.jpeg.9a0c4dc2d14dd9d6e03e079a4a9da5a6.jpegso this happened today, my 11th hole in one on number 11 at my home course Olympic View just outside Victoria British Columbia. 
I am starting to get a good feel of my Takomo 301 MB’s, I hit a beautiful 168 yd 5 iron on number 4 to 6 feet, then hit a 6 iron 146 uphill into a bit of a fan, right on line one bounce and dunked we!’ and only 6 degrees Celsius. About 43 degrees Farenheight. lots of positives with these irons….

Congratulations Jim!

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played the second day of a 3 day match play tournament today and well we lost. Down 3 with 4 to go I hit it long, straight, and stayed in the fairway on my drive on 17, made the green in regulation, 2 putted for par with a stroke. The other guy who had a stroke there bogied. So going into 18 we were down 2 with 3 to go. 18, I hate the 18th hole, no place to land my driver or 3 wood. At about 200 yards the fairway turns and slopes down to a pond. Hit the drive down the left side(safe) and I am in deep burmuda that is going dormant at a little over 200 yards. Down the center left the fairway takes a sharp turn to the right at 225 and slopes 15+ degrees down to the pond. Hit it a little long there and the ball dances into the trees. Hit it a little short or with a cut and your ball will visit the water. Hit it just right and you end up sitting on a down hill side hill lie aiming at an elevated green where the entire right side is snuggled up to the pond. The left side to the course parking lot. Did I mention that I really hate this hole?? I pulled out my Ping 430 #2 hybrid and laid  a fine shot out in the fairway...right into the center of a drainage trough the community uses to empty some of the streets of the monsoonal rains we get in the summer. I stomp around desperately trying to squeeze some water out of the ground. Nope, just new grass on a mud base..yuck!  I am 148 yards from the back of the green looking at a back pin. I pull out my Srixon ZX4 pitching wedge and hit a sloppy shot that gets me on the green. The other three guys either hit the greenside trap or the pond. I 2 putted for par and had a stroke on the #6 handicap hole. So now we are down 1 with two to go. My partner who did a great job of keeping us in the game all day is now getting excited. My shot of the day came on hole 1 as our finishing hole was 2. I am on the green in 2 and have a 25 foot downhill side hill shot to the pin. I have not made a put over 6 feet ALL day. I made this one to put us all square going into the last hole of the day. The two guys we played were absolutely amazing inside 75 yards. Nobody hits the last green on our second shot. I am the short guy off the chips at about 6 feet and true to form the ball rolled down the edge of the cup and popped out. One of the two guys chipped his shot inside 2 feet and got a stroke on the hole. So we lost down 1 on the last hole of the day. It was a good match, good fun.   

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

IMG_0065.jpeg.9a0c4dc2d14dd9d6e03e079a4a9da5a6.jpegso this happened today, my 11th hole in one on number 11 at my home course Olympic View just outside Victoria British Columbia. 
I am starting to get a good feel of my Takomo 301 MB’s, I hit a beautiful 168 yd 5 iron on number 4 to 6 feet, then hit a 6 iron 146 uphill into a bit of a fan, right on line one bounce and dunked we!’ and only 6 degrees Celsius. About 43 degrees Farenheight. lots of positives with these irons….

Congrats!  I am still chasing that elusive hole in one and have had so many close calls.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shot 45 It could have been better if it wasn't for that 9 on a par 5. I couldn't even hit a punch out from the trees, then I dubbed my next 2 shots, the last 4 holes I went bogey, 3 pars. This game is so frustrating at times, play one hole like I never swung a club before then hit the ball great for the last 4 holes. Looking like today will be it for a while. Play well everyone. 

Frank musolino 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, may have been my last round for the year...we'll see what the weather does, hopefully not though!

 

Went out to the club yesterday with the wife and played 18...not a gust of wind, 69 and sunny. An absolutely perfect day for Nebraska in mid-November. Played decent, had a couple of holes that I made mistakes on with mid-long irons on approaches and pushed/pulled missing the green and costing a stroke here and there but otherwise, an ok round. I'll take 4 over if it's the last of the year...hit all my goals in 2023 except breaking par, was even par multiple times but just couldn't get it done. Next year, that will be the top goal for sure.

 

Wife is still learning but played probably the best she ever has with two legit pars which hasn't happened before. Teaching her as she goes but one of the tips I gave a few holes in seemed to resonate and she started really hitting well/much straighter. I noticed that she was standing too far from the ball and feet were a little wide which led her to topping a lot of balls. Had her move closer in with a little more knee bend and a little swing plane change. I'm astounded at how quickly she just started doing it every time. She's an athlete, played college soccer so maybe that helps with adjusting and the feel part of the game. I think the bug got her a bit too as she hit a couple of drives and out comes an "ohhhh, that felt good" 🤣🤣🤣

 

Overall, excited to get out next time, whenever that might be but a pretty successful 2023!

image.png.7849bb27eb2914b55a2f1100d4bc02ad.png

 

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Tour 65 Stiff Shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

A group of us traveled to Emerald Canyon in Parker, AZ, played Monday and Tuesday, and stayed overnight at the Bluewater Casino.  Great course and place to stay.  I have done several of these trips with friends when we wintered in Yuma and pre-covid.  My new golf buddies here were discussing trips last spring and I brought this one up as an option.  Everyone had a great time, they loved the course, and already want to go back next spring or fall.

We all had good rounds on Monday with everyone shooting at or near their index.  I had a one under 35 on the front 😍 but followed that up with a 42 on the back 🥲.  Tuesday was tougher for everyone with no one beating their day one score... casino effects... who knows 😆.  I shot a 40/42, ending with my only TB of the 2 days play on #18.

b640974acfd55347d9eca7cbea8b0844.gif

The group

4some.jpg.ad0be1757aa178218fd8032fefc315f6.jpg

Some views of the course

5.jpg.379035b93c90d00e204e218d587e848f.jpg6.jpg.90606b844cd1198a9e9e0847c97d2945.jpg16.jpg.8426b7457f1919a9009de66d0730c247.jpg61.jpg.d2c185189708a1c9e4fee4a2e618b672.jpg62.jpg.e5fa043e01df87847e015220b5149458.jpg10.jpg.a03d1658aea650448afefca06f41165c.jpg

#12.jpg

Looks like a great course Bill.  Nice round!!  Maybe we will make a day trip there in February during our two weeks in Palm Springs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thanks, Robert! One of the things I'm trying to do lately is keep a calmer mindset on the course because I'm hyper competitive and extremely critical of myself. I'm starting to see the benefits of relaxing and taking each shot as they come. I only got mad once yesterday and that was because it took me three shots to get out of a greenside bunker. I was mostly aggravated because the and was loose and very uncomfortable on my foot. I just wanted out of there. Plus, I think sometimes we get in the habit of worrying about score and not taking the time to appreciate being out there. 

Jason, for years I had been taking naproxen before each round for my back pain, but my doctor told me that NSAIDs were hard on my kidneys (I used to use naproxen a lot for migraines).  It was one reason why I started core exercises and I am now doing physical therapy.  At the same time I started taking CBD gummies  (no THC) and I think it helps me get through the round.  What I also noticed was a calming effect that has changed my attitude on the course.  I like the feeling and will continue to take them.  The doctor has also said that my kidney function has improved... at least for an old codger!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Jason, for years I had been taking naproxen before each round for my back pain, but my doctor told me that NSAIDs were hard on my kidneys (I used to use naproxen a lot for migraines).  It was one reason why I started core exercises and I am now doing physical therapy.  At the same time I started taking CBD gummies  (no THC) and I think it helps me get through the round.  What I also noticed was a calming effect that has changed my attitude on the course.  I like the feeling and will continue to take them.  The doctor has also said that my kidney function has improved... at least for an old codger!!

I would love to be able to do the gummies and get off ibuprofen but my job is very strict about anything that might potentially think about having THC. We had a guy get fired over an ointment a couple of years ago. 

The mental part is a work in progress, I'm playing Saturday and planning on posting in the VCT thread to give myself something to strive for and know that I can have some bad holes with my handicap and still post a good one. I think mostly the downtime has given me an appreciation of being outside and enjoying the beauty of the course and time with friends. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I would love to be able to do the gummies and get off ibuprofen but my job is very strict about anything that might potentially think about having THC. We had a guy get fired over an ointment a couple of years ago. 

The mental part is a work in progress, I'm playing Saturday and planning on posting in the VCT thread to give myself something to strive for and know that I can have some bad holes with my handicap and still post a good one. I think mostly the downtime has given me an appreciation of being outside and enjoying the beauty of the course and time with friends. 

I fully understand that.  I wouldn't take these either when I worked in National Security.  We had no-notice testing with zero tolerance.  I'm just glad I don't had to do that anymore.  The good CBD isn't cheap but it sure makes playing golf so much more enjoyable.  No side effects either.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...