TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

8 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Our normal 18 hole couples group was a bit sparce yesterday - mainly because of the holiday season. We ended up with 3 - 3somes playing a shamble which was just fine with me - my wife plus one of the guys I normally golf with. My wife was driving the ball really long but my other partner and I were missing putts left and right. My driver and other long club were working well, but I've been struggling with my mid irons - mostly due to trying to implement swing changes ever since my lesson in early December. That is until I got to #11 - a relatively short par 3 playing about 135 yds. I finally struck my choked down 7i well off the tee. It looked like it hit the front of the green and just kept rolling into the back greenside bunker. My wife and other partner both hit drives to the right missing the green - time to find the ball with the least painful drive. We found both of theirs - but where the heck is my ball? Bunker? Nope not there - heck I even grabbed the rake since we have deep bunkers and balls sometimes get buried. Resigning myself to my first and only lost ball that round - I decided just for giggles to check the hole and guess what! There it was nestled in the hole - darn I didn't even see it go in! 

IMG_0724.jpg.9524d948066bd64b247db529908e0d25.jpg

The group in back was wondering how come it was taking us so long to play this hole? Sorry, guys - it's time for a photo op. Oh and there was no need to bring my LW and putter to the green. 😎

IMG_0725.jpg.3671f59938099ff0c9d9b8fd376f76b5.jpg

IMG_0726.PNG.1769fb08cc10dfe2ab07ce5f168f6cdb.PNG

It was coincidental that it was our turn to bring snacks and drinks for the group after the round. HIO #2 is now in the record books. Oh and for @Kenny B benefit, who is wondering why the pullover and long pants- yes it was a chilly day here in FL. Partly sunny and a chilly 65* brrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Congratulations Tony!!  Great shot!  Less than a year since your first one... right?  Hope you post again in The Still Aceless thread; the guys there need more incentive!!  😂

I wish I was ONLY wearing long pants and a pullover.  Yesterday I was wearing long pants with UA Cold Gear 4.0 leggings underneath.; on top... a compression tee, a long-sleeve thermal, another long-sleeve rayon layer, my new Christmas present... a Kuhl Thor 1/4 zip, and a full zip shell vest from Circling Raven GC in Idaho.  Traded my golf hat for a ski hat.  Today, I'm walking 18 holes so I won't wear the leggings and wear two less layers on top... much warmer walking even though it will be the same temp!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Our normal 18 hole couples group was a bit sparce yesterday - mainly because of the holiday season. We ended up with 3 - 3somes playing a shamble which was just fine with me - my wife plus one of the guys I normally golf with. My wife was driving the ball really long but my other partner and I were missing putts left and right. My driver and other long club were working well, but I've been struggling with my mid irons - mostly due to trying to implement swing changes ever since my lesson in early December. That is until I got to #11 - a relatively short par 3 playing about 135 yds. I finally struck my choked down 7i well off the tee. It looked like it hit the front of the green and just kept rolling into the back greenside bunker. My wife and other partner both hit drives to the right missing the green - time to find the ball with the least painful drive. We found both of theirs - but where the heck is my ball? Bunker? Nope not there - heck I even grabbed the rake since we have deep bunkers and balls sometimes get buried. Resigning myself to my first and only lost ball that round - I decided just for giggles to check the hole and guess what! There it was nestled in the hole - darn I didn't even see it go in! 

The group in back was wondering how come it was taking us so long to play this hole? Sorry, guys - it's time for a photo op. Oh and there was no need to bring my LW and putter to the green. 😎

It was coincidental that it was our turn to bring snacks and drinks for the group after the round. HIO #2 is now in the record books. Oh and for @Kenny B benefit, who is wondering why the pullover and long pants- yes it was a chilly day here in FL. Partly sunny and a chilly 65* brrrrrrrrrrrr. 

EDIT: I should mention it was neat that my wife was with us - she had never seen one and it was special to her that it was mine. 

Congrats @tony@CIC!!!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

28 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

EDIT: I should mention it was neat that my wife was with us - she had never seen one and it was special to her that it was mine. 

Congratulations Tony! Great shot and very cool that you were with your wife when it happened. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wish I was ONLY wearing long pants and a pullover.  Yesterday I was wearing long pants with UA Cold Gear 4.0 leggings underneath.; on top... a compression tee, a long-sleeve thermal, another long-sleeve rayon layer, my new Christmas present... a Kuhl Thor 1/4 zip, and a full zip shell vest from Circling Raven GC in Idaho.  Traded my golf hat for a ski hat.  Today, I'm walking 18 holes so I won't wear the leggings and wear two less layers on top... much warmer walking even though it will be the same temp!!

Brrrrrrrrr

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Congratulations on the ace! 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Congratulations @tony@CIC

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

12 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Chipping and pitching reasonable after a long layoff. I would call that a successful day in and of itself!

Well to be quiet I cheated a bit. I’m in the Sacks Parente test group so I have been putting. I was shocked at how well I chipped/pitched though because I have not been doing that 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/30/2023 at 10:26 AM, revkev said:

There were moments on the front 9 when I was truly ready to pack it in. I know lots of people have cataract surgery and are playing in a week - I’m not one of them. I hadn’t really been playing since mid summer because I just couldn’t see,

The good news is that I saw every one of my shots.

So, I’m guessing lenses? Did you get the fancy new “multi-focal” ones, or a single view? I’m supposed to be looking at this as my eye doc says I’m close, and it happens quickly once they go…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

So, I’m guessing lenses? Did you get the fancy new “multi-focal” ones, or a single view? I’m supposed to be looking at this as my eye doc says I’m close, and it happens quickly once they go…

I’ve had multifocal contacts for the last few years. But even with those I’m almost at where I need to start using reading glasses as well. Ha ha. They’re fine for my job (mostly office/ computer based) and being outdoors and playing golf. 
I have started doing more eye exercises (including focus changes) to try to slow the degradation. Not sure it will do much but better than not trying!

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9* (set at -1*/D) w. :Fuji: Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- Sik DW C 2.0 35" w. JumboMax JMX Pistol Pro grip

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5/ TP5Pix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below]

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

I was not a candidate for the fancy ones. I have glaucoma. I chose distance and they are very good - I’m 20/20, actually 20/15 in my right eye. I saw every shot that I hit yesterday - I don’t recall the last time that I was able to do that.  Last Spring?  Even then I could rarely see where anything over 150 finished. I use readers for up close stuff like this post on my phone. 

It goes very fast when it goes - yes - I went from 20/20 corrected at my spring appointment to 20/50 at my fall one when my doctor recommend surgery - I remember the round in late June when I suddenly couldn’t see a single tee ball. 

Surgery is easy and results are instantaneous - the time in between the first and second eye weird. Whatever helps the repaired eye hurts the bad eye - it’s bizarre.

Good luck 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Congrats!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Rough round today. Wasn't putting shots together and I was kind of waiting on a bad one with the swing changes. 

Along with lack of sleep and travel it was bound to happen but there is always another day. 

4 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Rough round today. Wasn't putting shots together and I was kind of waiting on a bad one with the swing changes. 

Along with lack of sleep and travel it was bound to happen but there is always another day. 

Pretty crazy how much fatigue can impact the body and therefore the golf game. Some R&R will get you right back to where you should be. 

Played pretty poorly.  Tee shots hybrids seem to be working pretty well.   Irons and wedges are a completely different story.  Hitting irons a little heavy and seem to be losing a lot of distance.  Made a mid round adjustment to feel like my swing was a little  flatter and it seems to help a little.   The bright note; other than driver, is my short game.  I have been reading the Dan Grieve 3 releases short game book and it seems to be improving my short game shots.  While I had been doing a lot of what is written,  I have tightened up my grip and it seems to have made a significant improvement.   I had been doing the "light"/really lose grip and have struggled.   In the book his description of light is 4/10 pressure.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

wow.... great to get number 2.. and with your wife, double wow... congratulations... great description as well...

committed to performance excellence

39 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Pretty crazy how much fatigue can impact the body and therefore the golf game. Some R&R will get you right back to where you should be. 

Oh for sure. I am def feeling worn out. 

Yesterday I played a round of golf with the new Driver my wife gave me.  For Christmas she gave me a new driver with fitting.  Anyway it was a pretty good round of golf.  On the front nine I did struggle with my new driver.  However on the back nine, I started hitting it very well;  right where I was aiming and with greater distance.  I feel confident that I will continue to improve as I get to 'know' this driver more.  In the past I was fitted for my irons, and noticed an improvement from them.  Now with the early results with my driver, I am fully committed to getting fit for my clubs.  In future I will get fit for my putter, my wedges, and my fairway woods/hybrids.   

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

On 12/31/2023 at 8:37 PM, Paul Hedrick said:

Yesterday I played a round of golf with the new Driver my wife gave me.  For Christmas she gave me a new driver with fitting.  Anyway it was a pretty good round of golf.  On the front nine I did struggle with my new driver.  However on the back nine, I started hitting it very well;  right where I was aiming and with greater distance.  I feel confident that I will continue to improve as I get to 'know' this driver more.  In the past I was fitted for my irons, and noticed an improvement from them.  Now with the early results with my driver, I am fully committed to getting fit for my clubs.  In future I will get fit for my putter, my wedges, and my fairway woods/hybrids.   

What driver to you get into?

Edited by Tom the Golf Nut

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The weather never ceases to amaze me. One day overcast and cold in the high 30’s, and the next day a perfect golf day. It’s the last day in December and it was 55* and sunny. How could I not golf.

Nobody out on the course at 11:15 when I teed off. They did have the daily shoot out go off at 1:00 but I was already on the back 9 when the group was teeing off.

With no people pressure behind me I played worst ball scramble. I find this really helps me focus on quality shots. I wound up two over for the round. I’ll take that any day. 

Worst shot, huh? That’s something that I’ve never considered but I can see the benefits. I’ll need to keep that in mind for next season. 

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The weather never ceases to amaze me. One day overcast and cold in the high 30’s, and the next day a perfect golf day. It’s the last day in December and it was 55* and sunny. How could I not golf.

Nobody out on the course at 11:15 when I teed off. They did have the daily shoot out go off at 1:00 but I was already on the back 9 when the group was teeing off.

With no people pressure behind me I played worst ball scramble. I find this really helps me focus on quality shots. I wound up two over for the round. I’ll take that any day. 

I’ll have to try that the next time I get a similar opportunity. This would be a great way to improve the overall game. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

48 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Worst ball when playing solo is a great way to practice. I’ve done that a few times in the past year when my local 9-hole course was quiet. Needless to say those scorecards wouldn’t have helped my handicap 🤣

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9* (set at -1*/D) w. :Fuji: Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- Sik DW C 2.0 35" w. JumboMax JMX Pistol Pro grip

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5/ TP5Pix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below]

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

What driver to you get got into?

I ended up with a Titleist TSr1 with a Mitsubishi Speedmesh 40/r shaft.  I have to admit this is not what I would have chosen if I did not have a fitting.  It feels nearly effortless to me on the swing, and since the back nine of my game a couple of days ago, my average distance has increased.  Since then I have replaced the grip to what I normally use, so am looking forward to see how next time will go.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

On 12/31/2023 at 8:05 AM, tony@CIC said:

Congratulations Tony!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I ended up with a Titleist TSr1 with a Mitsubishi Speedmesh 40/r shaft.  I have to admit this is not what I would have chosen if I did not have a fitting.  It feels nearly effortless to me on the swing, and since the back nine of my game a couple of days ago, my average distance has increased.  Since then I have replaced the grip to what I normally use, so am looking forward to see how next time will go.

I was fit to the TSI 1 so I know what you are talking about. Effortless is exactly right.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

15 hours ago, cnosil said:

Played pretty poorly.  Tee shots hybrids seem to be working pretty well.   Irons and wedges are a completely different story.  Hitting irons a little heavy and seem to be losing a lot of distance.  Made a mid round adjustment to feel like my swing was a little  flatter and it seems to help a little.   The bright note; other than driver, is my short game.  I have been reading the Dan Grieve 3 releases short game book and it seems to be improving my short game shots.  While I had been doing a lot of what is written,  I have tightened up my grip and it seems to have made a significant improvement.   I had been doing the "light"/really lose grip and have struggled.   In the book his description of light is 4/10 pressure.  

15 hours ago, cnosil said:

hmm, grip pressure, really interesting, rule of thumb is "hold the club like you are holding a bird in your hand" at least that was the standard 30 years ago, I would like to hear what Hovland, Mclroy, DJ, Dechambeau etc are doing now, there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion about it. See @cnosil your posts get me thinking lol... Happy New Year, keep working hard at it, any goals for 2024 in regards to index? How is your wife's hand healing up? 

59 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

hmm, grip pressure, really interesting, rule of thumb is "hold the club like you are holding a bird in your hand" at least that was the standard 30 years ago, I would like to hear what Hovland, Mclroy, DJ, Dechambeau etc are doing now, there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion about it. See @cnosil your posts get me thinking lol... Happy New Year, keep working hard at it, any goals for 2024 in regards to index? How is your wife's hand healing up? 

I heard that same rule of thumb and it was probably more than 30 years ago.  I have read that Hogan's comment on Snead's advice was that that bird was a hawk.    When you hear things like light grip, that is so subjective which is why I liked seeing a number scale;  makes more sense to me.  When I tried it at the practice green, the short chips were so much better.  

I'd like to get down to a scratch, but I think a solid 5 is probably more realistic based on how little I actually practice.  Short game has been my biggest hurdle and something I have been trying to improve;  if I can get a little better with up and downs I think I can accomplish that goal.   

Hand is coming along slowly;  should get a cast on Wednesday and then it is just waiting to make sure it heals.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I heard that same rule of thumb and it was probably more than 30 years ago.  I have read that Hogan's comment on Snead's advice was that that bird was a hawk.    When you hear things like light grip, that is so subjective which is why I liked seeing a number scale;  makes more sense to me.  When I tried it at the practice green, the short chips were so much better.  

I'd like to get down to a scratch, but I think a solid 5 is probably more realistic based on how little I actually practice.  Short game has been my biggest hurdle and something I have been trying to improve;  if I can get a little better with up and downs I think I can accomplish that goal.   

Hand is coming along slowly;  should get a cast on Wednesday and then it is just waiting to make sure it heals.  

ahh, I wonder if that is how hogan got his nickname "Hawk" 

Short game is another area that requires a lot of work and commitment, but can reep benefits... good luck getting to a 5, that would be awsome

23 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Short game is another area that requires a lot of work and commitment, but can reep benefits... good luck getting to a 5, that would be awsome

Thanks.  Funny how much effort it takes now;  used to be a 4 and never practiced anything other than putting.  Now I hit  lot of balls just because I test as much as I can for MGS,  but don't practice much other than short game since it has been terrible since about 2019.   I really want to set something up at home to make practicing easier/more convenient.  

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

When you hear things like light grip, that is so subjective

Yeah .. read somewhere that compared to us regular mortals, golf pros have much higher hand (and finger) strength - so what feels "light", subjectively, to one of them could feel very firm to one of us.

Consider also that the OG guys like Snead and Hogan grew up on farms in Texas working with their hands .. they prob both had really extra strong hands/grips!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg