How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played at home but it wasn't golf. 6+ inches of rain this past week. Didn't keep score hit the ball pretty well, legit birdie on 18. Lost 5 balls just because of plugs in the rough.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Take Dead Aim

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

being at sea level

The few times I've been to Myrtle Beach, that struck me too. Not like Ohio is high elevation, but the difference is just enough to cause problems.

• Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So my plans to play three rounds in Myrtle Beach last week didn't work out very well. Went to play with Bid Stu on Monday. Got to the course and the rain came down for 20 minutes. Once it stopped the sun came out but the owners decided to close the course. So Big Stu and I chatted for a while but never got to play. 

Tuesday my resort got me a tee time at Beachwood at a discounted rate. The course wasn't up to MB standards in my opinion. Bare spots on tee boxes, crab grass in fairways, compacted sand traps. I played back a set of tees to play with the group I was paired with. Had a tough time with the thicker humidity and being at sea level and was short a lot on approaches. No matterhowmany timesitold myself to club up one, i didn't listen to myself. Wound up with an 80.  But met a bunch of nice guys and had a good time. 

Thursday was going to go back down and play with Big Stu but teen drama struck. I had to stick around and keep the girls in check. They met some boys and one of our chaperones left Thursday morning. Headed back to TN Friday morning.

Got to play my home course today. Three bogies and four birdies for a 70. Back on track. Hit 100 percent of the fairways. 

We have 2 now grown daughters and 3 teenage granddaughters (19,17 &16) so We know the ALL about the Drama😱

Too bad you didn’t get to play with Big Stu, I think tat would be a blast!

• Like 9

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

21 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Golf gods giveth, golf gods taketh away.

There is nothing in golf that is more true...

And speaking of that, I will now recount my tale of disgust from the weekend...

I played my usual Friday afternoon round with mi amigos.  Doubled one hole with a three putt, bogeyed the last after missing a reasonably straightforward putt, for a 77.  This is par 71, but it's rated 69.0/122, so it's essentially playing to my 7.x index.

Afterwards, I commented how this was getting to be a recurring theme.  Seven of my best eight scores in GHIN are 77 or 78.  Of course, my buddies give me considerable crap for this, as buddies do, LOL.  Felt like I was maybe turning a corner, if I could eliminate the whiskey tango foxtrots in my rounds, maybe I could nudge that a bit better.

The golf gods were listening.  Saturday and Sunday was the Member-Member two man event in the Men's Club.  Saturday, I shot a scintillating 84, including a 30 degrees to the right blocked tee shot into OB Land.  Sunday, I shot a crowd pleasing 89, that was adjusted to 87 for posting purposes.

Yes, the golf gods hath spoken.  

I must now lay a burnt offering of old tees and cart path scuffed golf balls at the altar of the golf gods to seek their forgiveness...

\

• Like 8

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2

3 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

I must now lay a burnt offering of old tees and cart path scuffed golf balls at the altar of the golf gods to seek their forgiveness...

Only a sacrificed pro v1 into the water can save you now!

• Haha 5

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

6 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Only a sacrificed pro v1 into the water can save you now!

If I can substitute a TP5, I'll give it a go  🙂

• Haha 4

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2

I recently had been struggling with my driver, so I added lead tape and it really helped me square up the face. I am still adjusting to playing a fade, but this weekend it started feeling more natural and my ball striking really improved from the confidence. I just had 4 blow up holes, where I just can not commit to a target, and the penalties really added up. It gets discouraging seeing the handicap rise, but I am confident that I am really close to breaking through.  Anyways, the round had a lot of positives, and really good learning moments. This week on the practice areas I am really going to work on picking a target, committing to it, and then executing the shot.  

Score 87

GIR 33%

FIR 64%

Putts 31 

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus 9* @ 8*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90 X

:ping-small: G410 22* Even Flow Black 85 6.5 

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400