How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

I recently had been struggling with my driver, so I added lead tape and it really helped me square up the face. I am still adjusting to playing a fade, but this weekend it started feeling more natural and my ball striking really improved from the confidence.

I recently did the same with my D7 and it's really helped out a lot. Well, at the range at least! My last round the driving started out good but went downhill... but starting good was a change because it's been starting bad right from the first tee box. Glad to hear your confidence is going up with the big stick!

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

34 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I recently did the same with my D7 and it's really helped out a lot. Well, at the range at least! My last round the driving started out good but went downhill... but starting good was a change because it's been starting bad right from the first tee box. Glad to hear your confidence is going up with the big stick!

Oh yeah, it took me a couple range sessions and a couple rounds for my FIR to go back up above 60%. Getting off to a good start is very promising, and I’m sure in time the rest of the round will improve shortly. 

• Like 4

:srixon-small: ZX7 9.5* :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Accra TZ RPG 362 M5

:srixon-small: ZX Hybrid 19* Hzrdus Black 85 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW Project X 6.0

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 52.10 Mid Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56.10 Full Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Full Face 60.09 Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten Tour Lined Stroke Lab 35”

:titleist-small:  Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

39 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Monday morning Exec 9 at course next to our house.  Friday saw the crew too dressing the greens and hoped it wouldn’t be too bad….wrong, greens were horrible.  
I was hitting the ball pretty good but putting was ridiculous.  Figured I would work on Tempo so all was not lost.3444B89F-BA67-4B4B-A06F-EFC8EF54740A.jpeg.f40a6810d9be1e3c00156ed63b62923c.jpeg

That’s an automatic two-putt right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :Sub70: Pro (13*)

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

1 minute ago, HeathS16 said:

That’s an automatic two-putt right? 

We tried putting but was beyond stupid. No one kept score, I was watching my FIR & GIR.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We tried putting but was beyond stupid. No one kept score, I was watching my FIR & GIR.

Yea that looks no fun...bummer. Hope they heal up soon! 

• Like 4

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :Sub70: Pro (13*)

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

19 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So my plans to play three rounds in Myrtle Beach last week didn't work out very well. Went to play with Bid Stu on Monday. Got to the course and the rain came down for 20 minutes. Once it stopped the sun came out but the owners decided to close the course. So Big Stu and I chatted for a while but never got to play. 

Tuesday my resort got me a tee time at Beachwood at a discounted rate. The course wasn't up to MB standards in my opinion. Bare spots on tee boxes, crab grass in fairways, compacted sand traps. I played back a set of tees to play with the group I was paired with. Had a tough time with the thicker humidity and being at sea level and was short a lot on approaches. No matterhowmany timesitold myself to club up one, i didn't listen to myself. Wound up with an 80.  But met a bunch of nice guys and had a good time. 

Thursday was going to go back down and play with Big Stu but teen drama struck. I had to stick around and keep the girls in check. They met some boys and one of our chaperones left Thursday morning. Headed back to TN Friday morning.

Got to play my home course today. Three bogies and four birdies for a 70. Back on track. Hit 100 percent of the fairways. 

I'm glad you were able to meet @BIG STU, I can only imagine the stories both of y'all told. I do hate you weren't able to play a round together, I bet that would have been a blast! It's one of my goals to make it out to SC, as I'd love to meet both Stu and @JohnSmalls. Don't know when it'll happen, but I'm bound and determined to.

I'm glad you made it home safely and it sounds like you had a pretty good time, too. Well, except for the teen drama. 

• Like 8

Bay Harbor round from yesterday.  My dad and I did a scramble to make the round not last 6 years.

The front 9, we used all of my shots… 🤦🏼‍♂️ +5, parkland course

The back 9, we used all but 3 of my shots, -2, faux links.  Lots of 3 iron off the tee.  The one time I used my 3 wood, I hit it too far, and it went into Lake Michigan… the other two were my last name… wedges again, 85° sideways, no idea what that crap was all about.  Luckily those just happened to be my dads best shots of the day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Monday morning Exec 9 at course next to our house.  Friday saw the crew too dressing the greens and hoped it wouldn’t be too bad….wrong, greens were horrible.  
I was hitting the ball pretty good but putting was ridiculous.  Figured I would work on Tempo so all was not lost.3444B89F-BA67-4B4B-A06F-EFC8EF54740A.jpeg.f40a6810d9be1e3c00156ed63b62923c.jpeg

These are the greens you play when you REEEAAALLLLYYY want to get out of the house 🙂

• Haha 5
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

36 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

Yea that looks no fun...bummer. Hope they heal up soon! 

Took that course out of my Request List for a couple weeks.  Tomorrow course greens are decent.

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

These are the greens you play when you REEEAAALLLLYYY want to get out of the house 🙂

Yup…..

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Today's play was horrid.

I played the OK VGA State Championship today and had high hopes of playing well, even if I didn't qualify for the Regional tournament.

I shot a 94 with 1 birdie, 4 pars, 7 bogies, 4 doubles, 2 quads, and partridge in a pear tree.

Only hit 2 fairways all day and just 6 GIR.  Throw in 36 putts (three 3 jacks) and it's bound to be a bad day.

Still had a great day.  One of my playing partners shot a +1 or +2 and holed out for eagle from 82y on the 2nd hole we played.  Was fun to watch a very solid round even if I wasn't the one swinging the clubs.

I think I'm gonna take about a month off now and try to get rid of my golfer's elbow.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0, 60g @ 45"

TM V-Steel 5wd w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85x (holding down the fort until I can acquire a new fairway wood)

Srixon Z765 irons w/ PX LZ 6.0 (holding down the fort until I can get new irons)

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Epic Speed 4wd or SIM2 Max 3HL

Callaway UT

Srixon irons (some combination of ZX5, ZX7, and forged) likely with Aerotech i95 or i110 stiff shafts

Either RTX Zipcore or CBX2 wedge(s)

Played in the qualifiers for the club championship at the weekend. 

The Saturday for probably the hardest I've seen the course, gusting 25-30mph fairways and greens hard. Greens running fast with interesting pin positions. Lost 3 balls, couple of penalty drops for and 84 nett 78. Nearly NR'd 3 times and wasn't going to play the 2nd round, playing partners kept me going.

Sunday the wind had dropped so played a lot easier but missed 4 from 3 feet and a mind blip at 15 for an 82 nett 76.

Top 16 scratch and the remaining top 16 nett qualify for the knockouts. I was 2 strokes out on the handicap at 49th so will have to wait for next year.

• Like 7

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Tuesday 9 hole group.  Yea we had greens this morning 👍.

Driver & irons were right in this morning, only used TSI2 Driver and it was finding fareways, in fact all of them!  Course was wet from last night rain so CPO.  The TSI2 was getting great carry so last of roll wasn’t hurting.  Putting was the problem, couldn’t read m the line even if “Lewis and Clark” were helping, missed 3 birdies and 2 of them from under 3’.  My irons were talking trash about me behind my back. Anyway +3 and back at it tomorrow.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

First round in with the new irons yesterday 👍.  Started with a large bucket to get some initial feel and nuisances of the ZX5's and MMT80 shafts.  Overall a good start but might be overpowering the new shafts (84g vs. 98g) a whisker.  I had to really focus on tempo; particularly the transition. I shot a 41/43 at Beaverhead GC with basically a wholesale bag change as this included the new ER5v putter.  The only familiar friend was the Glide 2.0 56/12.

Initial findings are that distances are quite similar to the G410's - maybe picking up 2-3 yards and more so on the shorter irons.  This is most likely the slight increase in ball speeds seen in the LM numbers since the lofts are the same. Still a bit too early to know for certain, but ball flight alley looks tighter.  Definitely not as forgiving as the G410's on mishits but also not excessively punishing. My contact zone was pretty darn centered 6i-AW and a little loose on the 4i and 5i.  I need to work on these a bit as the shaft change may simply be more noticeable/challenging on the longer lengths.

SD on the 8i-AW was great, yielding very consistent carry distance.  This got progressively worse back to the 4i and I think that will improve as I get the timing with these grooved... or at least I hope so.  

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Played Pebble Creek Sunday…..back nine first, shot 42/39:81 or do you say 39/42:81 as I got the 39 on the front nine……lol

FIR 11/14….79%

GIR 6/18….33%

Up & Down 45%

putts 32

My partner shot 39/41:80…..

• Like 7

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50*/54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

Played Plantation Palms, shooting 44/45:89

FIR 11/14 79%

GIR 5/18 28%

36 Putts

strokes Gained -1.15 versus 15 hcaps

• Like 8

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50*/54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

Boy oh boy did I play terrible this weekend. However my excuse is that I took my five year old out for the first time and I was to busy enjoying watching him cheat as he put the ball a foot away from the hole and ended up three putting. Don't worry buddy we've all been there.

• Like 7
  • Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Played Plantation Palms, shooting 44/45:89

FIR 11/14 79%

GIR 5/18 28%

36 Putts

strokes Gained -1.15 versus 15 hcaps

It appears that Plantation Palms plays a little harder than Pebble Creek, or are you less familiar with the course?   Scores should come down when you start playing it all the time.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”