How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It appears that Plantation Palms plays a little harder than Pebble Creek, or are you less familiar with the course?   Scores should come down when you start playing it all the time.

Thanks KennyB….Well, it is 400 yards longer from the Senior Tees(gold) and 150 yards longer from the Super Senior Tees(Green).  I play Senior Tees Tuesday & Thursday then the Super Senior Tees on Saturday. The Ghin handicap is 2 strokes between Gold & Green plus 2 strokes between Pebble and Plantation Palms from the gold tees.  Add in familiarity and yes it is a bit harder.  I have played it on Tuesdays last year so I am getting familiar with it.  It will be my club starting August.

• Like 7

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

8:00 am Tee Time, humidity not bad , slight breeze, greens recently too dressed but rolling decent and quick.
Bad, stupid bogies 1st 2 holes with one ball that drowned itself because it didn’t like the drive!  After that woke up!!  Killin the Driver TSI2, irons great, putter still spotty with 1 Bird (missed 2 that were makeable).  Ended up +2, 38.  Can’t whine about that.

Had a conversation with group in front of us while waiting on Tee.  2 of the guys had brand new full sets of PXG!!  They said the clubs were great.  Got a chance to watch them Tee Off, ummm should have spent some money on lessons 1st.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Bad, stupid bogies 1st 2 holes with one ball that drowned itself because it didn’t like the drive!  After that woke up!!  

Had a conversation with group in front of us while waiting on Tee.  2 of the guys had brand new full sets of PXG!!  They said the clubs were great.  Got a chance to watch them Tee Off, ummm should have spent some money on lessons 1st.  

... Yup, I think we all prefer the GOOD stupid bogies. 🤣 

... I play with some higher index Asian guys and 2 of them bought PXG. Said it was a complete waste of money and they shoulda used the $ for lessons. One sold his and is back in TaylorMade M4 irons. The other said it doesn't matter what irons he plays because he either hits it well or very poorly so he is keeping his. I get so sick of hearing that obnoxious loudmouth during every TV telecast, even LPGA events. And I am not talking about the Bob Parsons (everything I hear and read says he is a good guy) but his LOUD commercial persona that to me at least represents everything I dislike about modern golf from driving carts onto the fringe, playing music at a level the entire course can hear, drinking to excess, can't be b bothered to rapier divots or ball marks and playing at their own pass ... s-l-o-w. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

I liked the irons quite a bit.  I wasn't particularly enamored with the Driver, fairway woods, or hybrids.  People raved about the Sugar Daddy wedges, but I didn't find them significantly superior to any other wedges that I've hit, but to be fair, I only hit them on the range and not on a green which would be a better indicator.  Never tried any of their putters.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I liked the irons quite a bit.  I wasn't particularly enamored with the Driver, fairway woods, or hybrids.  People raved about the Sugar Daddy wedges, but I didn't find them significantly superior to any other wedges that I've hit, but to be fair, I only hit them on the range and not on a green which would be a better indicator.  Never tried any of their putters.

I’m very curious about them.  I’ve never seen any LH in the wild.  
I think it’s like all others, “not for everyone”.   @Fozcylce is happy with his Driver.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I played like s**t tonight on league. I shot 49 for 9 holes. I don't want to use this as an excuse but, my head isn't in golf right now. I have to put my buddy of 14.5 years down on Friday. It's killing me.

So sorry to hear about your buddy. I just went through the same thing. He came into our life on Memorial Day 13 years ago and left us on Memorial Day.  I still look for him to greet me when I get home. It still stings. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’m very curious about them.  I’ve never seen any LH in the wild.  
I think it’s like all others, “not for everyone”.   @Fozcylce is happy with his Driver.

I didn't "dislike" the driver....just didn't see it as any better than my current driver.

• Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

I played like s**t tonight on league. I shot 49 for 9 holes. I don't want to use this as an excuse but, my head isn't in golf right now. I have to put my buddy of 14.5 years down on Friday. It's killing me.

Sorry.  I know how difficult these times are!  Golf was the last thing on your mind!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Ugh. SO sorry to hear that….

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Home course still in s*** condition from all the rain last week. Last tune up before my first tournament. Hit the ball fine, chipping and putting saved me. Ready to rock.

• Like 6

Take Dead Aim

Had my best 9 holes ever. Shot a 47. It included a 30 foot putt for par on the first hole. 451 yard par 5. The shot that keeps me coming back though was my shot from the right rough from 172 yards over a tree and 2 putted for par.

The shot that brings ya back.

IMG_4245.jpg.e562ecfb35007c3eb269afb6118c9a19.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - G w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Callaway MD3 58° W-Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER7 34”

Snell MTB-Black 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

20 hours ago, silver & black said:

Sorry to hear that @silver & black. Thoughts and prayers for you!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

2 bad holes today.  Took a double on a par 5 and a triple on a par 4 on the back 9.  Otherwise played decent golf ... 37/43 (80 adjusted to 79 for posting).  One birdie on the front.

• Like 8

The first of 3 vacation rounds yesterday at Foxfire - Red Course in NC. Heck of a deal for $28. The course was in pretty good shape I don't need it perfect, I just want greens that can hold a 5 iron or lower. The round started iffy. Bogeyed the second hole after hitting into the water, and I was trying to play it safe. Overall I hit 72% of greens and 64% of fairways. the course played 6300 yards. i don't need to play the longest tees. Final score was 74, with 2 birdies. 33 total putts. I've been happy that I have been consciously trying to hit a fade. As a result, I have had better chances at hitting greens, and my scores have started to go down.

IMG_2612[1].PNG

• Like 6

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 6.3 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small: R11 9 degree turned 1 degree lower (Bought since it was on sale at Dick's)

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small: GBB Epic 15 degree (only club newer than 5 years in the bag)

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot XG SRT (bought because I won credit for a long drive in 2010)