Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

37 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Today was my worst round in the two years I’ve been playing. Driver was working, then I was topping all my irons. Driver was then hit or miss the rest of the round. I sliced several drives, something I haven’t really ever done. Over corrected and then got some big hooks. 

I played with three strangers, all of whom were a real delight. I ended up losing my cool on a few holes, dropping a few swear words. Really disappointed in how I handled that.

Positives: I walked the round, got good exercise. Met some nice dudes who were great playing partners. Finally got in a round this year. Plenty to work on going forward.

Negatives: didn’t handle a tough day well, generally feeling very defeated.

That first round of the year is something special. I know you didn't play good, but when you haven't been able to get out on the course it's going to take a minute to get used to hitting balls off grass again. I like that you listed the positives and hope you continue to look back on this round through that lens. 

Solid round of 7 over playing off 8 at Black Bull Golf Club. Only the second time I’ve played it, really fun layout, greens were soft but rolling well. Very happy with my final score as it included two water balls. On a trip with a mate and 8 stableford points in front after 1st day of 3

Edited by Peaksy68

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Had a good weekend shot a 77 on a par 69 course saturday and thats good for me im a 12 handicap. Drove an hour to indiana to play a course (Brook Hill) in Brookville and to my disappointment they closed the back 9 and had to play the front twice so i played from the back tees shot a 42 and then the front tees shot a 37 par was 35 on the front. Its nice to have a day to get out here in cincinnati its been a month since ive been able to play. Ive spent alot of time at the heated driving range Acres. Great place they have 18 hole putt putt and a full bar and restraunt. Id live there if they let me. Lol hitem straight boys and girls.

good afternoon spy's

Different game for me today, shot 76, 39-37, not one birdie.

Litterly lipped out on 4 putts so if those had dropped I would have been happier, and I didn't sink any bombs etc. 

Hit 10 fairways (about average for me)

9 greens (which is low for me, 12 minimum is my goal)

30 putts ( about average for me I guess) 

So looking at those stats GIR down, which makes sense as I wasnt really firing on all cylinders, I will take the 76 and work on going lower tomorrow...

committed to performance excellence

Dead hands. Section 4.2, page 45 of Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible. I must have read that particular section just shortly after the book first hit the shelves back in 1999. I have since then forgotten that passage until I read it last night. 

For all of my grumbling and practicing my short game that simple 2 word sentence made a difference in my game today.  I hit 7 fairways where the ball stopped in the green grass and five more where the ball rolled through the fairway or trickled off and ended up inside of two steps from the green grass. I only hit 6 greens in regulation. This meant I put "dead hands" to the test and I am happy to say the reintroduction of dead hands to my chip and pitch repertoire was a definite success in both direction and distance. 

I can read and understand a half dozen different programming languages, proprietary control languages by Emerson, Siemens, Bailey, Allen Bradley, and GE, Rolls Royce, and Solar turbine control system language. As well as a smattering of German, French, Arabic, and Korean. Do you think I could read a bloody green??? 3 three putts today, with no first putt more than 25 feet away. I had 4 balls turn to miss the hole within 2 inches of the hole. Not an unusual occurrence for anyone on these boards. All 4 of these turned 180 degrees to the opposite from what I read. 

Rain tomorrow afternoon. The course is still semi flooded from the last rains last Friday. It will be underwater and unplayable Wednesday morning....😖

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

9 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Dead hands. Section 4.2, page 45 of Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible. I must have read that particular section just shortly after the book first hit the shelves back in 1999. I have since then forgotten that passage until I read it last night. 

For all of my grumbling and practicing my short game that simple 2 word sentence made a difference in my game today.  I hit 7 fairways where the ball stopped in the green grass and five more where the ball rolled through the fairway or trickled off and ended up inside of two steps from the green grass. I only hit 6 greens in regulation. This meant I put "dead hands" to the test and I am happy to say the reintroduction of dead hands to my chip and pitch repertoire was a definite success in both direction and distance. 

I can read and understand a half dozen different programming languages, proprietary control languages by Emerson, Siemens, Bailey, Allen Bradley, and GE, Rolls Royce, and Solar turbine control system language. As well as a smattering of German, French, Arabic, and Korean. Do you think I could read a bloody green??? 3 three putts today, with no first putt more than 25 feet away. I had 4 balls turn to miss the hole within 2 inches of the hole. Not an unusual occurrence for anyone on these boards. All 4 of these turned 180 degrees to the opposite from what I read. 

Rain tomorrow afternoon. The course is still semi flooded from the last rains last Friday. It will be underwater and unplayable Wednesday morning....😖

great post...

Had great day golfing on a windy day. I played a 78 from the white tees with 35 mph wind gusts. Best score this year on the Blythe Municipal Golf Course, where the par is 73. Do I get a broke 80 label on my profile page?

P.A. Renaud - Tour Edge Driver 10.5* Senior Shaft

Tour Edge #3, #5 and #7 fairway woods

Callaway Epic Star irons - Senior shafts - 5 to gap wedge

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thought I posted this in here, but we squeezed out 27 holes yesterday!

18 regular course and 9 on the short course, and I was beat tired by the 5th hole on the par 3 course.

But I had, what I assure you is a fluke, my personal best round, and broke 90!

3 putts were barely existent, and I owe credit to the AI-ONE DB putter for that. 

20240206_182742.jpg.5dda51457f43c4d4d835cda720a67dd7.jpg20240206_182745.jpg.c758d768d1d10c209b9c0097d9866fa5.jpg

20240206_164134.jpg

Nice work, congrats on breaking 90!!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

congrats on the personal best .

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, PAR4MEPlease said:

Also made a donation yesterday. Do get a donor  label?

You may want to send a message to one of the GolfSpy moderators.

I also believe you need to show verification.

There is a topic on "Donations"

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Played a sim round this morning at Woodmont CC (Par 72, 5498yds, 68.8/123) played from the forward tees hoping things would be more reachable, but didn't quite work out that way. Shot a 91 (48 out, 43 in) about my average currently, but left a lot on the table especially off the tee, swipey thin misses with 3w/3i. Have also turned auto-putts to match my Trackman HCP opposed to Tour to better reflect real scores.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

Had a very pleasant round today with our senior association. Today's outing was well attended with 84 participants. Course is starting to dry out and should be in great shape in a couple of weeks if the rain "cools its heels" a little. 

Shot an 84 against my 13 hdcp for a net -1 so pretty pleased with that. Started out pretty shaky and made the turn at 45. Something finally "felt" right, and I settled in for a back nine 39 which is very good for me. 9 of 14 fairways, 7 GIR, 36 putts. Definitely need to keep working on the approach shots...

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Holy Cow!!  Feb 8th. Mid-Michigan. 59*. Who would have thought that I'd be playing my first round of 2024. I have never played this early in my life. Earliest previously was 2017, March 21st I believe. Only 2 places open near by and walkers only. Perfect day. Played 9, hit 7 out of 8 fairways(only 1 par 3 on front 9). Hit 4 GIR. Scrambling was 4 out of 5 so I was happy with that. 14 putts. I'm liking that @GolfSub70004 mallet. Shot 1 over for a 37. Happy with the start.

1st Rd 2024.jpg

Still some hidden snow.jpg

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Much better game today, yesterday I hit 16 greens and honestly had 38 putts, I think that is a personal high since I started tracking my putts...

Today hit 15 greens, 33 putts (still high) but not as bad, shot 73... Really happy with my ball striking, my putting is going down the "bell curve"but I am going to work hard at it, go and see my coach and get it back as soon as possible...

The greens were running 10.5 today, man our superintendent is doing a great job, I had the chance to see him today and thank him and his crew for all their hard work, makes a huge difference...

17 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Today hit 15 greens, 33 putts (still high) but not as bad, shot 73... Really happy with my ball striking, my putting is going down the "bell curve"but I am going to work hard at it, go and see my coach and get it back as soon as possible...

Should have hit the approach shots closer for more 1 putts 🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Should have hit the approach shots closer for more 1 putts 🤪

Thats what Harvey Penick told  Justin Leonard when Justin said he wasnt making enough birdie putts! 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

Much better game today, yesterday I hit 16 greens and honestly had 38 putts, I think that is a personal high since I started tracking my putts...

The greens were running 10.5 today, man our superintendent is doing a great job, I had the chance to see him today and thank him and his crew for all their hard work, makes a huge difference...

Nice round!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Finally made it out on the course today. IMG_0546.jpeg.7f75ea81e32cf03d298491a2102f3110.jpeg

Only 28 putts. Off the tee and approach shots were hit and miss but the short game was on fire. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Well, it didn't feel like I was playing lights out, but my score would say otherwise.  40/39 79 at Rustic Canyon.  2nd time under 80.  I felt relaxed, collected, and in command.  It matches my low score and its a definitive personal best from a differential perspective -- 6.1.  I was in command enough of my game enough that I tried and converted a couple Scottie Scheffler low driven bump and runs off the face of the steep slopes in front of the green.   Saved bogey once and got up and down on another.  They started us on 10 because of wet conditions on the course if I'm being honest it felt easier playing the back 9 first.  Having front 9 energy in the hillier back 9 made a difference.  Instead of 10 straight holes headed mostly uphill that chunk got broken up and with 5 uphill to start, 8 downill, then 5 uphill.   

This one feels way better than the first time I broke 80, because I didn't pressure myself at all.  I just enjoyed the day.   I noticed where I was with 6 to play and thought to myself, "well if I par out this will be an awesome day."  Then didn't think about it again.  I went +1 through the last 6 including closing with 4 straight pars.

On the front 9 (back today) all three bogeys were lipped out up and downs to save par.   I hit 11/14 fairways 9/18 Greens and had 34 putts.  The number of putts doesn't tell the hole story, I hit some beautiful very long lag putts today -- the best being 75' from the collar on 18 to virtual tap in range at 2'.   Longer putts didn't miss by much and I had virtually no cleanup left.  I probably only made 30' of putts today.   😆  Sneaky good, but it doesn't look quite as cool as 100+ feet.    I also had a great day with wedges in hand. 

The only thing to complain about was pace of play.  It's been very rainy and today was walking only.  No big deal for me since I almost always walk, but terrible for the older guys who never do.  Lot's bailed, but some stuck it out and boy did they struggle.    5.25 hours and I thought I might have to call EMS for the two guys in the threesome we were following -- they were absolutely gassed.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Congratulations on your new personal best. And I'm glad you had a great day.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:41 PM, Rob Person said:

Thought I posted this in here, but we squeezed out 27 holes yesterday!

18 regular course and 9 on the short course, and I was beat tired by the 5th hole on the par 3 course.

3 putts were barely existent, and I owe credit to the AI-ONE DB putter for that. 

20240206_182742.jpg.5dda51457f43c4d4d835cda720a67dd7.jpg20240206_182745.jpg.c758d768d1d10c209b9c0097d9866fa5.jpg

20240206_164134.jpg

Congrats on the PB!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here