MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Hope it doesn't last too long. My allergies start to kick in next month when the temps get over 100. Not looking forward to it.

Thanks, I'm much better than I was a week ago.  Of course, now it's raining (thunderstorms and tornados in the area yesterday), so maybe I can get some golf in later this week.

Normally, the allergies are a 2-3 day problem but this year they've been a real kicker!

Uggh. Played friday, and while chipping and putting was good, I just couldn't get off the tee. Then came Saturday, walked 9, and had 2 birdies, 2 pars and 5 double's. Same problems, just couldn't consistently get off the tee.  Hit the range afterwards and a little video revealed the problem.  Slipped back into old habits, and had an elbow doing the chicken dance :(

• Like 1

First day out on the golf course (first day opened) and I played a 9 hole in the rain. I shot a shitty 42 with 1 bird on a par 5. The greens are not ready. They were all brown with some green patches. Impossible to putt. I did hit 6 fairways (only missed 1) and 4 greens and hit one out of a green side bunker to about 3 feet to the pin for a par. Overall, should not be complaining but I was hoping for a better round.

• Like 1

Played 27 holes this weekend and went to the PGA superstore. Played 9 saturday while waiting for a buddy to head to Phoenix. Started off horrid, but came back for a 46.

The next day went and played my winter course. Started double, triple, double. At one point I had 3-4 really good holes including hitting a 25 foot bomb for a birdie. Then I hit a house and the wheels fell off on the last few holes. Struggled to a 94. This year I can't shoot 80's anymore and seems like my goal of breaking 80 is a long long way away.

On the plus side, got new shoes, new bag, a Tiba and changed out my 52 for the first time in years. Hoping that all helps me somehow.

• Like 2

I shot a 92 on Saturday, then a 92 on Sunday.......However, the Sunday round was with different irons.  Saturday I used my Mizuno JPX800 Pro's with Project X 5.0 graphite shaft.  On Sunday I used my Cobra Bio Cell irons with the newly replaced Project X 5.0 graphite shaft.  Yes, both sets now have the same shaft.  I had the Dynalite 85s steel shafts replaced, then I put Pure grips on.  I like the feel of the PX shaft, especially when I hit the ball.  I was able to shoot the same score both days, albeit, on Sunday, my shoulder started hurting (from way too much time working on a computer, as this is my busiest time). Anyway, the shoulder tightness screwed up the last two holes so my score was somewhat inflated.  My goal is to beat last years Hcap during the sumer months.  Last summer, I only got down to a 15, so this year I want to see 12 or 13.  BTW, my club comped the cost of replacing the shafts so I only have $140 invested for the new graphite shafts.  I will be revising my review from last year on the Bio Cells in the near future.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/10704-mgs-official-forum-member-reviews-cobra-bio-cell-irons/?hl=%2Bcobra+%2Bbio+%2Bcell+%2Biron+%2Breview&do=findComment&comment=127189

That way, I can review the difference between the steel and the graphite.

• Like 1

I was 4 over for 12 today and then it started pouring. My current handicap index of 3.8 becomes a 7 on the tees I am playing at Bayou. I don't know how long that will last but I love the idea of some extra strokes heading into a Friday skins game.

I was 4 over for 12 today and then it started pouring. My current handicap index of 3.8 becomes a 7 on the tees I am playing at Bayou. I don't know how long that will last but I love the idea of some extra strokes heading into a Friday skins game.

I love that feeling too. I'm a registered 12... but the last score I posted was probably around this time last year. My handicap at the course I play a skins game: 19. I'll take the extra stroke please and thank you.

Played a charity scramble today for my first time out in a week or so and hit my new driver well. I pulled my driver out of my bag last night to regrip it and never through it back in my bag. When I left the house I was on a work call I just hopped in my car and drive away. Realized the error and called the wife and sure enough it was right by the front door so off to PGA Superstore and a new stick was in the bag for $60 off the used rack. Was able to grab an Adams XTD Ti that still had the head wrapped in plastic as it was the only X shaft on the rack. We ended up shooting -13 for a 57 and winning by three. I won the long drive hole and missed out on a closest to the pin by a foot. Overall was impressed with the driver as it was a bit more workable than I thought it would be and easy to flight down when I need to in the wind. Missed one fairway all day and the was more due to poor aim than anything.

• Like 1

Had a half decent round today, shot 81 or 35 stableford points in the Veterans competition which is more the older guys in the club 55+ than ex military though there are a few of them too.  We drew for partners as usual and played for $1 front $1back $1match.  My partner was playing pretty shabby golf and it turned out to be quite a tight match.  The biggest lead any pair had was 2 holes and we either pegged them back or they would do the same to us.

The ninth hole was the most exciting of the front nine and we went down the fairway all square with both pairs needing a win to take the money for the front side.  I hit 3 wood to the corner of the 18th a dog leg right (we started on the tenth) and had 155 yards to the pin a solid 7 iron for me.  My opponent also hit a good drive and hit a hybrid of some description in to about 20 ft.  I hit my 7 iron in to about 8 ft.  The others were there abouts but not figuring in the out come of the hole and Larry looked pretty serious as he lined up his birdie putt.  Of course he poured it in and shrank the hole to about half the size, that's the way it felt anyway.  Thankfully I rolled my putt in on top of his and the hole and nine was halved in birdies. 

The second nine was very similar with no one really making a move until we won the 8th or our 17th to go one up going down 18 a long par 5.  The gamesmanship started on the tee with OB down the entire length of the fairway on the right hand side.  Talk of not hitting it right translated to drives being smashed down the middle followed by self satisfied grins at opponents.  Everyone hit good seconds and the bad guys had thirds that were a little longer than they wanted both missed the green and had delicate pitches.  I had about 80 yards for my third and stuffed it in quite close - about 6 foot for birdie without a shot and the opponents, one with a shot and the other without had par putts of 15 and 8ft respectively.  Mickey who had a shot drained his 15 footer as did Larry leaving me to sink my 6 footer for birdie to halve the hole and win the second nine and match.  The tension was agonising and this $2 putt felt like it was for the Masters.  It went in and the money was ours.  It was a pretty good day out - a birdie to finish both sides and good company, good golf and good fun!

• Like 4

Played 36. 78 in the morning and 77 in the afternoon. Opened the first 6 holes in the afternoon at +6. Pulled a rabbit out of my hat on the last 12 holes.

• Like 3

Shot a lousy 93 today.......granted it's only the 3rd round with my new Ping Ketsch and only the 2nd round with my revamped Bio Cell irons with graphite shafts. I started out hitting the mid irons to the right a bit so I choked up about 1/2 inch and that straightened them out....my Driver messed me up considerably so I am going to put my Bio Cell back in the bag. Can't wait until my next round.

Shot a lousy 93 today.......granted it's only the 3rd round with my new Ping Ketsch and only the 2nd round with my revamped Bio Cell irons with graphite shafts. I started out hitting the mid irons to the right a bit so I choked up about 1/2 inch and that straightened them out....my Driver messed me up considerably so I am going to put my Bio Cell back in the bag. Can't wait until my next round.

You have got to come over to my side of the Bay and play Bayou as soon as the new greens are in.

• Like 1

90. At one point in the round I was 10/10 fairways hit, I finished 11/14 fairways hit, I could not hit any iron from 5-pw at all. I hit the full wedges excellent, but could not chip, I don't know if I putted pot or not, because I never had a chance to putt a bunch. 5 pars, 5 doubles, and 8 bogey's. It was no fun. At the end of the round my playing partner and I went over the round, we both hot 11/14 fairways, he hit 16 of 18 greens for 73, I hit 4 greens for 90.

Had a great time in N. Idaho this last week. Played the Priest Lake GC and even had a couple if birdies, which is unusual for me on a course that I have never seen before. However, an 11 on a par 5 more than made up for them! THREE LOST BALLS on one hole!!!!!!!!!!

Played pennants today in our inter club competition.  There are several divisions and it is organised by our state body.  I swore this year I wasn't going to play because I get so stressed when I play pennants but wouldn't you know it 4 weeks ago one of the Captains approached me after I had played my Monday morning round and pleaded with me to play because they were one short.  Of course being the complete soft touch that I am I said yes.  This seems to have set a precedent and I get sucked in every time he's short a man, today was the third time and apparently because now I've played 3 games I'm eligible to play in the final.  I was informed also that I am in his starting line up for that final.  Go figure.  Any way today.  The format is 4ball better ball match play.  That basically means the best score out of the pair counts toward winning or losing a hole.  We were 2 down after 4 and I was playing like a smashed crab.  My partner wasn't much better, but match play is a funny game.  At times it felt like the four of us were involved in a competition to see who could play the worst and still win.   We managed to claw our way back to be 2 up after nine. We lost the 10th but came back again to win 11 and maintained that gap and at one point after 14 we got it to 4 up eventually taking the match 3 & 2.  Even better was that the team won 3 matches to 2 and that put us on top of the ladder with one game to play before the finals.  The best thing about the round today was being a match play event you can really put a bad hole behind you.  In fact it's mandatory to do that and it helps if you have a good partner to keep your head in the moment.  One hole, one shot at a time. So I would have to say despite playing poorly we got away with a win and walked off the course feeling pretty good.

Haven't played in about a month so I'm going a bit nuts. In that time frame I started a new job and moved to a new townhome, so I've been busy. Unfortunately my seasonal allergies just kicked in now, so it feels like someone shanghai'd me right in the face. No golf until the Zyrtec D does it's magic.

• Like 1

Haven't played in about a month so I'm going a bit nuts. In that time frame I started a new job and moved to a new townhome, so I've been busy. Unfortunately my seasonal allergies just kicked in now, so it feels like someone shanghai'd me right in the face. No golf until the Zyrtec D does it's magic.

I feel your pain, allergies kicked into high gear a couple of weeks ago and led to a sinus infection.  Played 9 horrible holes last week and getting rained on didn't help.  Now we have frost warnings with a high of 47 degrees today...

• Like 1

Played twice this weekend both at the same course. First round was another mid 90's cluster. I hit driver decently, but couldn't hit an iron. Putting was killer except I managed a few big long ones I shouldn't have made.

The second was the men's league. Shot 91 and was in the first group of 2. Hit one close enough to get the closet to the pin and drained the 30 foot putt. Highlight was a 60 foot par putt that had a solid ten foot of break. What made it great was the thing stopped on the edge and then went in. Still shot a 91 but the back nine was a lot better. Still can't figure out my stupid irons and really struggling to make solid contact. Putting woes weren't quite as bad but the short game went south as well.

• Like 1

You have got to come over to my side of the Bay and play Bayou as soon as the new greens are in.

Working 24/7 until the first of June, then Tourney on June 9 and Buddy Trip June 11-14....after that I will be able to join you...Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

81 today. Another close call to my first round in the 70s. Made 5 bogeys in a row on the last 5 holes. Biggest thing today was not knowing what my score was until I finished the round and committing to and focusing on each shot. Gonna keep pressing forward.

• Like 1