Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I was having a fine round despite the howling winds and spitting rain for the second day of the men's club championship at Coyote Run. Then the rain decided to do more than just spit at us, and I put on my rain jacket. By the end of our 5th hole dark nasty looking clouds covered our entire western horizon. I stopped and put on my rain pants, as I was walking the day. The sixth hole we waited under a kindly homeowners patio cover for the hail to stop and the white on the green to melt off with the rain. My tee shot went 20 yards right of the flag due to the massive wind gusts. I chipped it back on and made the putt for a par. It is a 200 yard walk between that green and the next tee box and I decided to put on my last bit of extra clothing, a hoodie, at the next tee box as there are rest rooms there. I teed off with raindrops hitting the brim of my hat hard enough to move the hat. 

I am wearing a long pants and a polo. Over the polo I have a light wind resistant bicycle long sleave shirt, a hoodie, rain pants and a rain coat and I am not cold. My other three in my foursome have shorts and a vest on. It is 60 degrees, a brutal 20 to 25 mph wind, and raining very hard. 

I am even par coming into this hole. My second shot couldn't fight the wind and dropped short into a greenside bunker. One of the three is shivering so hard he can hardly hang onto his putter. I two putt for a bogie, the lowest score on the hole, then my foursome dissolves in a mad rush to get out of the rain. We started on the front and now, at this green, we are physically farther away from my cart on the front nine than almost any other place on the course. 

By the time I walk back to my cart (how I get to and from my assigned hole and my house, the sun is peaking through and the rain has stopped. I am 1 over in score. 

This round has been canceled and my fine start will be discarded. 

Rats... 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

23 hours ago, berkeleybob said:

Heyo!

. I think the word “quadruple” was invented for the purpose of sounding as though you’re exaggerating when in fact you’re stating a truth. As in:

“How did you do?”

”I got a quadruple bogey.”

“That sounds worse than it is.”

”No, it is exactly as it sounds.”

I highly resemble this remark.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4RqZ0WtL4m/?igsh=OWduMGNtejltZ2sz

Friday night haiku

So trifling I am 

in numerous ways, Winter

golf instead of chores

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

45 minutes ago, NubianRugby said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4RqZ0WtL4m/?igsh=OWduMGNtejltZ2sz

Friday night haiku

So trifling I am 

in numerous ways, Winter

golf instead of chores

Excellent choice, love flying lotus. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Played my first full round of the year. Very good the first 6 holes of each side but struggled to finish them off. I missed a lot of greens but I converted several up and downs. Two OBs right really made the difference from a good round to an ok round but left a bad taste in my mouth after scrambling around all day. I worked on some tempo on 6 foot putts prior to the round and that is what kept this round from getting off the rails. Only a couple of my 1 putts came from inside 4 feet. 

IMG_4255.png

Jacob

8 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Today was both a practice and play day, so I will write about both in 3 equal paragraphs for you all to dredge through and enjoy 🫠

But today was a good day at the range, both the irons and the Qi10 felt a lot better after a bad range day with the Qi yesterday. I still have to work on closing the face with the Qi10 but it was still in better hands today.

As for the course, I played with my fiance's cousin at Heartwell GC. 18 Holes, all par 3 so no Qi10 out there, I am not a madman! Shot 12 over, my previous best was 14 over at Heartwell so I am happy to see 2 strokes go bye. Had my 1st 0 putt hole today on the 15th but sadly, it was still for par. No birdies today but still felt like everything connected together well.

Cheers!

You are improving fast @Michael.Sandoval33!  Way to go man!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

5 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

You are improving fast @Michael.Sandoval33!  Way to go man!

Thanks Indy! It really does help having access to so many course resources here in Long Beach. It is a great program to learn with. And my 1st lesson is at 10 Am tomorrow morning. I am ready to go 🤟🏽

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Today I did not have my “best stuff” nor did I have the stuff I had yesterday.  Apparently I need more stuffing… feel like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.  😂

It was cold, but no frost delay, no sun and the breeze picked up all morning long; probably peaking around 15-20 mph when we finished.  I had 5 bogeys and a birdie on the front nine, so a +4 score of 41.  On the back nine I had 4 more bogeys and another birdie for a +3 score of 38… a round of 79.  I wasn’t driving the ball very well; each ball contact hurt my back so I was basically using punch shots all day.  Didn’t have any doubles or worse!   Kept the ball in front of me and relied on my short game; had a nice sandy par!!

Not planning on playing again until next weekend when it’s supposed to be sunny and 70º; need to rest my back.  I might spend some practice time at the course, but no full swings!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well, I was once a good bowler carrying a 200+ average.

And you average this time? 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

And you average this time? 

150, I hit the pocket consistently but always got a 9 count and missed the spare too many times. Dam 10 pin. 

Edited by Tom the Golf Nut

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2nd full round of the year, weather was perfect but course was still quite wet from all the recent rain. Played with my dad and my son which was his second time on the course. My son had a great time and hit quite a few good shots. And unless I missed a stroke he got a 7 on a par 5. As for me had the pulls with the driver and chipping distance control was a little off. But I hit the struck the irons good other then misjudging the wind a few times. Wind was not really strong but was inconsistent and swirling a bit on a few holes. I also putted pretty good making multiple 6 to 8 foot par putts. Did have 1 stupid 3 putt where it was one of those optical illusions where it looked up hill behind the ball but after I ran it 6 feet by and walked over there it was actually downhill 😳, then somehow the putt broke the opposite direction coming back 🤯. All that added up to a 79 with 2 doubles and 1 birdie.  

Edited by ZackS
Misspelling

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

On 3/7/2024 at 9:06 PM, EnderinAZ said:

I was having a fine round despite the howling winds and spitting rain for the second day of the men's club championship at Coyote Run. Then the rain decided to do more than just spit at us, and I put on my rain jacket. By the end of our 5th hole dark nasty looking clouds covered our entire western horizon. I stopped and put on my rain pants, as I was walking the day. The sixth hole we waited under a kindly homeowners patio cover for the hail to stop and the white on the green to melt off with the rain. My tee shot went 20 yards right of the flag due to the massive wind gusts. I chipped it back on and made the putt for a par. It is a 200 yard walk between that green and the next tee box and I decided to put on my last bit of extra clothing, a hoodie, at the next tee box as there are rest rooms there. I teed off with raindrops hitting the brim of my hat hard enough to move the hat. 

I am wearing a long pants and a polo. Over the polo I have a light wind resistant bicycle long sleave shirt, a hoodie, rain pants and a rain coat and I am not cold. My other three in my foursome have shorts and a vest on. It is 60 degrees, a brutal 20 to 25 mph wind, and raining very hard. 

I am even par coming into this hole. My second shot couldn't fight the wind and dropped short into a greenside bunker. One of the three is shivering so hard he can hardly hang onto his putter. I two putt for a bogie, the lowest score on the hole, then my foursome dissolves in a mad rush to get out of the rain. We started on the front and now, at this green, we are physically farther away from my cart on the front nine than almost any other place on the course. 

By the time I walk back to my cart (how I get to and from my assigned hole and my house, the sun is peaking through and the rain has stopped. I am 1 over in score. 

This round has been canceled and my fine start will be discarded. 

Rats... 

what a great read, thank you for that...

committed to performance excellence

Today was a good day. Temps touching 80 in the late afternoon with only moderate breezes. I start the round off an elevated tee box to a postage stamp sized landing area on the green about 140 yards away. Ball lands softly and rolls up to leave me a 4 footer. I make the birdie (which holds up for a skin) and walk to the next hole thinking what a great way to start the day. 

17 holes later we tally up the scores and I have shot a fine six over 79. 2 birdies, one double, and one flop shot to a green that slopes away from me and is 10 feet below my feet. The ball lands "like a butterfly with sore feet" and takes a slow leisurely stroll down the hill into the center of the cup to save my par. 

Yeah it was a good day. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Absolutely appalling round on Saturday. 23 over for the round (around my handicap so could be worse). Proper Shankopotomous round. But had a load of fun playing with my best mate. The steak dinner I cooked afterwards more than made up for the quality of golf.

IMG_20240309_133602170_AE.jpg

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

@Tom the Golf Nut That’s a great family outing. I think bowling is the great equalizer among friends, family and coworkers. It’s always a good time for everyone. 

Heyo!

Not exactly a great day at the course. It was chilly-cold and wet early this morning—and that was just on the drive to the golf simulator.

My ego and confidence from last week’s personal low score fell back down to earth. Like a leaking, whining rubber balloon.

IMG_0043.jpeg.a8d7391fa13c449b44177c45385fbd15.jpeg

One thing I did was practice for too long beforehand. I was trying out things that I learned, and that session robbed me a bit of energy.

My head …

… wasn’t where it could have been. I think I was getting too wrapped up into the swing mechanics and forcing myself to be mentally present, instead of just trusting my swing and actually being present.

Instead of thinking golf, golf, golf from the moment I woke up, I really could have just taken a moment to clear my head in the shower.

The good news …

… while I did have some blow-ups, I retained five GIRs. Frankly, as far as rounds go on the golf simulator, that’s a decent bit of improvement.

Ah, well. I’ll get ’em next time.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

Last 3 weeks of golf have been ROUGH!! I have "lost" my swing before as instructors/lessons have you make changes but this time around it really made me want to quit playing golf.... I began to push & push slice every club in my bag. While it was at least the same flight/pattern thru the bag, I cannot play aiming that far left when I need to hit straight. So continued to push thru but it also led me down the path of playing golf without keeping score to enjoy the social aspect of the game again.

Took me 3 weeks to get back to where I use to be but still haven't completely gotten rid of this horrendous swing/grip I learned. Very happy to be back to playing golf I'm not ashamed of and doesn't make me more mad then happy haha.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

LONG IRONS PING.png G710 4i w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

I played yesterday at a course that I had not been to for nearly 10 years. I was shocked when my watch told me a total of 111! I really felt like I was making some improvements. I hit multiple fairways right in the center. Several shots that were not in the fairway were 5' or less off the fairway, so that doesn't bother me much. I had a birdie and two pars. I hit a 30' putt! I did not lose any balls, and found a few as well. My swing is an ongoing work in progress. 🤣

Battle Ground 03-11-24.png

Battle Ground 03-11-24 Hole 2.png

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

Played a quick 9 walking yesterday out here in Utah at a tiny little course with a range. 2500 from the way backs. Had a blast, was done in about an hour 10. irons were shockingly good, woods awful, chipping yuck. But finally out of the snow so who can complain

IMG_6900.jpg

Photographer, snowboarder, car enthusiast, total hack