How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

59 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not playing today either. I will see your 100% rain and raise you a 113* temp:

419FB4A0-A31E-4123-A355-46B7DC6D9A9A_1_201_a.jpeg.a5de38d4c71d62ac8e7f77b0f5d677f9.jpeg

I feel your pain!  While we're about 5 degrees cooler here, it's still h.o.t.  Add the smoke to the mix and it's no picnic!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Not playing today either. I will see your 100% rain and raise you a 113* temp:

419FB4A0-A31E-4123-A355-46B7DC6D9A9A_1_201_a.jpeg.a5de38d4c71d62ac8e7f77b0f5d677f9.jpeg

Yeah, we had the 113-118º days in late June.  No fun!

We have been around 105º the last few days, but with the smoke from fires, it's holding in the humidity.  Normally at 105º we are around 15-20% humidity; now we are 60-70% which is awful at that temperature.  I was a wet mess when we finished our round yesterday at noon.

Took this pic as I was leaving my house at 6am:

IMG_6129.jpeg.5d88c18fcc53533469c1eaeaaf40f794.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played well, Adele rocked.. 

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Was absolutely pounding the ball last night... shot 39 with 2 birdies... my lowest this season

• Like 8

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (5-PW): Srixon 765 w/ KBS Tour C-Taper

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

26 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So I didn't post after my round this weekend, but I guess now is as good as a time as any after last night's league sub performance.

So Saturday was just an incredible round of putting the ball. 28 total putts to get around and a great bit of scrambling led me to beat my 75 goal after my 77 with a 74, 37/37 (+2/E). In all honesty it could have been better on the back, I just missed birdie putts on 12 and 15 and lipped out on 13. I could have been four under standing on 16 tee, but as well as I rolled the rock from distance and making some putts that were outside usual make range, I wasn't going to complain. What I did do was apologize to the guy I was subbing with yesterday during that round saying there was no way I could carry it over...

Well, about that. Yesterday went out and shot a nice little 36 (+1). Key club on this day was driver. It was a warm one in CNY yesterday (just ask my polo and shorts I sweat through on the walk) but I had two drives over 270, which for me is a good day of driving it, both led to almost birdies that were routine pars. Also, won the 3 points afforded in the match with no handicap against a guy I was giving 13 shots to, so super pumped about that.

Playing again on Saturday, we'll see if we can keep it going because right now it feels pretty good to be me.

Gotta love a "sik" round of putting 🙂

Nice playing dude

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Gotta love a "sik" round of putting 🙂

Nice playing dude

Thanks man, it just feels like everything is going well. I honestly haven't felt like I was playing this well for almost a decade since I stopped getting out more often. Feels like this could be a breakthrough bit for me that I hopefully don't recede from.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

On 8/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, MaxEntropy said:

Last night in league was near-perfect weather and my opponent was my good friend @Michael Wolff. We are both a 7 HC in league and we were playing the harder of the two nines. We were also neck-and-neck for our league MVP with only a few weeks remaining. I ended up with 6 pars, a bogey, and two stinkin' doubles for a 41. He had a birdie, 3 pars, 3 bogies, and 2 stinkin' doubles for a 42. It was a very close match and we were tied when we stepped up to the 18th tee after I doubled 17. 17 is a par 3 - I pulled my tee shot and left myself short-sided (why does that always happen?!?!?). It was a very difficult, uphill chip with the green running away from me - the primary goal was just getting it (and keeping it) on the green. I had about 30' for par and left it about 3 feet short. Rather than waiting, I decided to just ram it in and MISSED. Mike even tried to warn me by saying "take your time", but I'm too stubborn. So I took some frustration to 18 tee....

834504320_Screenshot_20210803-2133441.jpg.4fd39f9fee791e6d91c4c0b3a5befb97.jpg

OK, so I got a good bounce off the cart path. Mike was in decent position off the tee but hit his second a bit fat, ending up short/right, so I pretty sure a par would win it for me. Good thing, since the greens weren't holding and I ran my chip about 15 feet past the hole.

Anyway, it was a really fun night.

Sounds like a good night, and that's a big drive with the Epic. But those greens still aren't holding?

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

Another meh mid-fourties league night. Couple holes I just can't seem to shake, and my ball striking has taken a dip the last few weeks. Promising range session last night, but I think I need a little less stakes in a round so I can hopefully bring back some feel.

• Like 6

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

10 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Sounds like a good night, and that's a big drive with the Epic. But those greens still aren't holding?

Nope. Full shots are ok, but anything without enough speed to dent the green won't stop. I also had about a 50 yards for my 2nd on 16 to a middle pin. I landed my 54* on the front 1/3 of the green and it ran off the back.

• Sad 3

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

2 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Nope. Full shots are ok, but anything without enough speed to dent the green won't stop. I also had about a 50 yards for my 2nd on 16 to a middle pin. I landed my 54* on the front 1/3 of the green and it ran off the back.

Someone needs to straighten out the greens keeper. This is a mini, greens need to hold, especially short shots.

• Like 4

Take Dead Aim

22 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

That's really odd.  Our greens have been just the opposite.  With the extremely hot July we had and the lack of rain, our Super has stayed on top of watering the greens every day.   So much that he "overwaters" them a bit as our tee sheets are so packed everyday, he can't get the sprinklers on and even hand watering by the staff during the day is tough as 36 holes spread over 800 acres is tough to get around to everything.    So they have been playing softer than he'd like to keep them.  But he has told everyone, it only takes one extremely hot afternoon to ruin the greens for 2 weeks, if they don't have enough moisture in them. 

Are they not watering them either by hand or sprinklers?  It sounds like you haven't had much rain either. 

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It sounds like you haven't had much rain either. 

About 2 or 3 weeks ago it seemed like it wouldn't stop raining.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Are they not watering them either by hand or sprinklers?  It sounds like you haven't had much rain either.

In general, it has been a dry summer, but we had a pretty wet July. The greens appear healthy (other than the 400 lb foot-dragger that must be in a league in front of us), they just don't seem to hold chips/pitches very well. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

Had a great 9 last night 5 pars, a double, and 3 bogeys. Missed 2 birdie putts. Just need to straighten the driver out. Seems like every know and then I pick my head up and sky one off the face. Or the strong pull left sneaks in going OB. Outside of that my game has been good. I caught a downhill lie off a tee shot last night and Arccos had it at 295! Handicap also dropped to a 9.7 with the most recent 9 pairing 

• Like 7

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

:Arccos: