MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

78 yesterday. I got 3 birdies total for the day. What's funny is the front 9 greens were really bad. Couldn't putt to save my life. Shot 43 on the front but the back 9, the greens were better, not much much better but good enough to shoot 35 with a bird on 12, 17 and 18. 

On Saturday, we had a demo day and than a tee time on the 9 hole executive course. It was a par 30 and I shot 36 with 1 bird on 9. Greens were really not bad for this time of year. I'm still getting used to my irons on the real course since I used them only indoors up until this point. I might have to go get them adjusted to my swing since I seem to be hitting draws/ hooks with the 8,9 and pw. Everything else was gold. Driver was great, hit 10 fairways and putter was on fire, especially the back 9 were I made almost everything. Putts per hole at 1.39

• Like 1

So I wnt to the range today and hit it well. While on the putting green noticed no one going off one for some time, grabbed a cart, played 9 in just over an hour and shot 38, double, bogey one birdie, six pars. Much better than the last few weeks, I think I'm finding what I lost - my golf game. :)

BTW my back range is to die for, behind a grove of trees off of one, hitting back at the main range which is 330 away. You can hit any shot imaginable, even sneak into the trees and work on shots there, fades, draws, tough lies, restricted swings. There's a practice green with thick rough, deep bunker, fairway bunker, side hill opportunities.

I was driving it well, flying it around the 230 flag and then bouncing way, way beyond. No one was throwing a fit at the other side though. :(

I will do anything short of committing larceny to stay a member of this club. The membership director told me that they are working on some sort of incentive for summer members to stay on. I told him to figure out a way to keep our wives happy. :)

• Like 1

Good to hear your game is coming back "Rev".  There's nothing like some good golf to relieve stress and to be a light in the darkness that is a shitty week.

Still hoping someone can tell me how to do a quote from another post in the same thread :blush:

• Like 1

Good to hear your game is coming back "Rev".  There's nothing like some good golf to relieve stress and to be a light in the darkness that is a shitty week.

Still hoping someone can tell me how to do a quote from another post in the same thread :blush:

What, like this? :D

How cool is that! Well done "Woodsy" I'm jealous.

Just highlight what you want quoted from the other post, right click and copy it. Go to the thread you want to put it in, click the quote ballon (up top) right click in the middle of it and hit paste.

That's exactly what I want to do and for some reason my computer wont let me do it.  I evn thought that was what I needed to do and zip nada nix no go. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

NFI then mate...sorry.

That's typical!  I should say it won't let me copy and paste text for some reason :mad:

That's when I always reboot.

Just finished playing a little bit ago. Shot a 77 with 2 birdies and another eagle on #5 at the home course. I've now eagled it in back to back rounds and was pleased with my play. Could've been a stroke or two better but I can't complain at all. First time playing in 3 weeks due to work.

• Like 1

80. 13-14 fairways, and 4-18 greens, putted extremely well today, but I really need to start hitting some greens

Had 45 players this morning for the Saturday Game at Pebble Creek in Tampa.....I shot a 44/43=87 today. This the third round played with the Cobra Bio Cell irons, modified with Project X 5.0 graphite shafts.   These babies are getting pretty sweet.   This got me in a 5 way tie for third place today.  If I hadn't screwed up the last hole, I could have been tied for first....:(

My drives stayed in the fairway and I was able to par 3/4 of the Par 3's.  But it was my iron play that was terrific.

• Like 1

Well done Foz some solid golf there and 3rd out of 50 odd players is pretty handy too.  I managed a second out of 30 today with a 81/36 stableford points. Which is basically to my daily handicap of 9.  I missed some short putts (one a 3ft birdie on 17 after hitting the sweetest 8 iron in from 144yards) I should have made and that cost me a sub 80 round which is pretty frustrating.  My irons were much better today and that to was something to be happy about. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mizzy, I will have to make a decision down the road as to stay with the Bio Cells or go back to the JPX800 Pro's....with the same shaft, I guess the play will determine.  The Mizzy's are spot on for accuracy, but I am a club short in length.  This causes a problem for me in the 160-175 yard range.  With the Cobra's, the ramped up lofts take care  the gap.  I am hoping to dial in the accuracy in the coming weeks with the Cobra'ss I get more playing time.

• Like 1

An embarrasing 100. Hit some good shots and hit a lot of terrible ones. Out of the gate it was par, bogie, par then the self destruct button was pushed. I kept lifting for some reason, got to get out of that habit.

• Like 1

Hang in there Matt, I have been there as well, some days start out terrific, then take a turn for the worst and finish badly.  You just chalk it up and move forward.

• Like 2

After being ill for the past 3 weeks I finally got a round in. Similar results as MattF, some good and some pretty poor. Greens had just been aerated, so putting was crapshoot.

I was happy to walk off with a 90.

• Like 3

Played yesterday and today, 81, 76. I found a little something yesterday so that I finally knew why I was hitting a bad shot and it carried over to today. Wasn't perfect but had no penalty strokes, a huge plus on my course, and made a Bishop Pickeringesque putt (past the hole, up the little ridge behind it, trickled back down and in the cup!) plus a chip in to help the score.

Shot a 46 Saturday. Found out on hole 3 I had a party to go to so cut the round shot. Good part was the skins game Sunday paid for that round.

Played in the skins game this Sunday and finally broke 90 for the first time in a good long while. Driver was erratic but all were playable. Hit some really good irons for the first time in forever as well... credit to me going back to what I was doing in January.. Putter came and went but did have some clutch par putts.  Could not hit a birdie putt though when I needed it,  mostly from 15-20 feet.  Finally had the breakthrough, onn 17 I hit a long drive into a short hole and was left with a half wedge... another 2-3 feet and it was going dead center. Had a tough 2.5 footer for the bird and barely made the putt but probably worth a skin and a few bucks. Also added another closest to the pin on the same hole as last time, so it seems my game is starting to get into summer form.

• Like 1

Played at my home club for the first time all year and shot a pretty okay 73. Needed to shake off some rust and was 7 over after four holes. Missed my tee shot on one dead right and my only saving grace was that I hit driver long enough to carry the range. Only got worse from there for three more holes and then the game clicked. Closed the front 9 at two over and played the back in one under.

• Like 1

Played today after playing well and it was a polar opposite of Saturday's round. Got off the tee very well, hit one drive a GPS verified and wind aided 320 yards. I was within 25 yards of two par 4 greens off the tee. Couldn't chip worth a crap though and my putter was like holding a snake today. Ended up shooting an 81 but with how I got off the tee should've been at worst a 75. I had wedges into a lot of greens. It was kind of pathetic