TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

After several rounds in the 90s or worse, finally shot an 87 today. Finished with 3 pars, including a sandy. Highlight was a 30 ft chip in for birdie while playing through a foursome. But the best part was finding my iron swing. Started to get some confidence that I've figured a couple things out. I knew I was on the right track when I missed the green on #5 with an 8i block to the right. I never miss right, so something was working. Hit the F6s well, including a sweet against the wind 4i across the corner of a pond to get to short iron distance. Still figuring out the distance on these F6s. Yesterday hit 5i 180, didn't hold the green and rolled 10 yds over. Today hit 6i and barely got to 165. Overall, I'm happy with today's round.

Tough day for ole Tazz.

Wheels almost came off on the back.

Held it together long enough to limp in with an 84 at Fair Oaks Golf in Oakland, TN. Putting at that place is in my head lol

1459023895571.jpg

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Had the worst putting day of my life. Shot 81 with 37 putts and 4 3-putts

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Hot 80 today, could have been a better score, but a couple shots got a way from me. Putted really well today, even though I had a couple shot putt lip outs on 17, and 18, for par and birdie. Made good putts, just didn't fall.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Once again, I played like total s**t. I shot 94 today. I'm used to shooting  low 80's to high 70's. I don't know whats wrong or how to fix it.  My whole game .... from driver to putter is a mess. I sure hope it comes together soon, otherwise, I might just give up and find something else to occupy my time.

Once again, I played like total s**t. I shot 94 today. I'm used to shooting  low 80's to high 70's. I don't know whats wrong or how to fix it.  My whole game .... from driver to putter is a mess. I sure hope it comes together soon, otherwise, I might just give up and find something else to occupy my time.

I feel ya. I felt like quitting several times the last 2+ years due to shanks. I took lots of lessons, read lots of instruction, watched golf instruction on YouTube. Did I mention I bought new equipment? Tons of it, the whole bag. I think what has helped is just slowing everything down. My swing, my pace, my rhythm. Slowing down (watch Chris Kirk) and thinking about balance, tempo and rhythm has improved my swing. Also, taking the time to practice instead of playing. I enjoy practices alone, working on my swing. It restores my confidence. Rushing out to play over and over, you're gonna have bad days.

Under threat of rain we had 35 golfers today at Pebble Creek. I shot a 40/45=85 with two birdies. Was stroking the ball very well but went to sh#% on the last two holes. I had replaced my 9 & PW with a SCOR 41* and 45*. The shafts are about 3/4" shorter than my graphite Bio Cells. For the most part I hit them well, just have to get used to them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

While I definitely understand your frustration, I'm on the other end of that stick. When I play well I will shoot in the upper 80's and that's only recent history (broke into the 80's last fall). This Spring, in spite of hitting occasionally through the winter and putting in some practice time before I began playing the course, I was playing poorly (even by my standards) until today: started off the same on the front nine (51), but something began to click on the back nine and I matched my 9 hole best of 43, that in spite of my irons only being so-so. One big thing, I "found" my driver again late in the round and hit some drives like I hadn't hit since last fall. So, my 94 feels much more positive than yours, simply because I'm coming from the other direction. Hang in there, I'm sure it will come back - if you're used to shooting high 70's/low 80's then you're too good for it not to! 

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Did I catch something from you through the internet?  I thought MGS had a filter for the "golf virus".  

I played yesterday with the guys and shot 81 with two doubles.  Nothing spectacular, but a decent round.  Today my wife and I played with another couple that we had seen on the course, but we had never met.  It was embarrassing!!  I shot 90.  I got my first of three pars for the round on #9.  I had one triple, one double, and the rest were bogeys.  Every hole was an adventure.  I saw parts of the course that I only used to look at from the fairway and wonder what dumbass would every hit there.  Driver didn't work, so I say "No Problem," just hit a good shot, get up by the green, chip and putt.  Nope!  Flubbed the shot.  If I did hit a good shot, then flubbed the chip.  On the green I couldn't putt.  Except for the two really bad holes when nothing went right, it was like I wanted to make bogey.  

Make it stop!  Please!    And YES, she beat me again.  She didn't even have to work at it this time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in our monthly club tournament yesterday and conditions were brutal.  20-25 mph sustained winds.  Not to mention the rough was already brutal and for no good reason they overseeded.  Was not a good day to miss fairways.  I shot 85.  For comparison as far as I know the low gross for the day (out of 32 players) was 83.  A 1 hdcp guy in my group shot 85 as well.  Tough day.  The course I belong to, Tukwet Canyon in Beaumont, CA has two courses.  The one we played is basically one big counterclockwise loop.  So the outward 9 plays straight downwind and the inward 9 straight into it.  For the first 9 holes the problem was holding greens, the last 9 it was just getting there.  I got nipped by some jerk on the long drive hole and we also pay out for fewest putts.  I had 29 and again some idiot decided to go one better.  Did win one skin though  :) .  On the par 5 second, the 1 hdcp guy blasted his drive o.b.  so he reloaded and later proceeded to hole out for par from about 140-145.  Longest hole out I've personally witnessed for a while.

44/43=87 today. Foursome played in 3 1/2 hours.....one birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

88 today. 4 doubles in a row on 12-15. Birdies on 1 and 17. I have got to put myself in better positions off the tee. It's killing me. However, I am now extremely proficient at punching out of the trees with my 3 wood. It's been my go to shot here lately.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

42-43 for nice 85. Putted better today. Still fighting the swing fix and trusting it. 4 doubles cause of trying to combine my old tee shot with the new one,stuck in between them is no bueno. Scrambling has saved my bacon lately.

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Played in our monthly club tournament yesterday and conditions were brutal. 20-25 mph sustained winds. Not to mention the rough was already brutal and for no good reason they overseeded. Was not a good day to miss fairways. I shot 85. For comparison as far as I know the low gross for the day (out of 32 players) was 83. A 1 hdcp guy in my group shot 85 as well. Tough day. The course I belong to, Tukwet Canyon in Beaumont, CA has two courses. The one we played is basically one big counterclockwise loop. So the outward 9 plays straight downwind and the inward 9 straight into it. For the first 9 holes the problem was holding greens, the last 9 it was just getting there. I got nipped by some jerk on the long drive hole and we also pay out for fewest putts. I had 29 and again some idiot decided to go one better. Did win one skin though :) . On the par 5 second, the 1 hdcp guy blasted his drive o.b. so he reloaded and later proceeded to hole out for par from about 140-145. Longest hole out I've personally witnessed for a while.

Several years ago my wife and I drove to Tukwet Canyon from Palm Springs for the day and played a counterclockwise course. Fun track. Don't remember much about it except there was a short par 4 that you could go right to the big fairway or left towards the green. Left was a harder shot, but right gave you a tougher second shot. I suppose you just drive the green.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Several years ago my wife and I drove to Tukwet Canyon from Palm Springs for the day and played a counterclockwise course. Fun track. Don't remember much about it except there was a short par 4 that you could go right to the big fairway or left towards the green. Left was a harder shot, but right gave you a tougher second shot. I suppose you just drive the green.

You are describing a hole on the Champions course.  That course follows a figure 8 routing where the front 9 is counterclockwise and the back is clockwise.  The 4th hole is a par 5 with a split fairway like you describe, separated by a reedy hazard area.  Its pretty reachable if  you take the left option, especially if the wind is up any as it will be at your back.  Its reachable if you go right as well, but its a much riskier shot.  Thats the only hole on either of those two courses that would fit that description.

If I told you that I hit 12 of 14 fairways, averaging 292 off of the tee, and 14/18 greens, on a 6500 yard course, What did I shoot??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

If I told you that I hit 12 of 14 fairways, averaging 292 off of the tee, and 14/18 greens, on a 6500 yard course, What did I shoot??

Knowing how you say you putt, 90?  I typically play from 6100 yards, but when I have moved up because I am playing with people that play from the senior tees, I can shoot a big number.

Nice stats though!  What course did you play?

See you tomorrow around 9am??

Knowing how you say you putt, 90?  I typically play from 6100 yards, but when I have moved up because I am playing with people that play from the senior tees, I can shoot a big number.

Nice stats though!  What course did you play?

See you tomorrow around 9am??

I'll be here...

Terra Lago South....  Similar stats and score at Silver Rock.  Not 90 however...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I'll say something around 85, I figure you probably 3 Putted 3 times, the 2 missed fairways were probably doubles, and the 4 missed greens were bogeys, and maybe a double or 2. So that adds up to around 85.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Went out Easter afternoon and thought I'd have the course to myself. Wrong. Caught up with a guy who was playing the back tees (6768 yds) and just killing it. I wanted to keep playing with him, but the guy was practically sprinting. We both had push carts. I did decent, +11 after 11 holes from the middle tees, but got tired from the humidity. I mishit 3 shots in a row then called it a day.

Today I went back with a cart. Shot +5 and +5 for 82, a good score for me. Concentrated on a slow, smooth backswing and a full shoulder turn. 10/14 Fwys, 6/18 gir, 31 putts, 10 pars, 2 doubles. Killing the M1 with drives 250, 262 and 265.

Boy Friday was not a "Good Friday". I had been sick all weekend on Tuesday I had a fever hovering around 102. I decided to go out and play whil efeeling about 90 percent or so I thought. I took my first drive and smoked it 265 down the middle. Next shot was a S***K. It was all down hill form there. It was such a disaster. I never felt like I could get my legs under me. I felt tired after hole 4.It wasnt good. The timing was off all day as well.  

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

I'll say something around 85, I figure you probably 3 Putted 3 times, the 2 missed fairways were probably doubles, and the 4 missed greens were bogeys, and maybe a double or 2. So that adds up to around 85.

Nope.. Almost.  81 and 79. These are very typical scores for me when I am hitting the ball well. When I start missing, scores tend to go up...   WAY UP.

Maybe I will have something to contribute by the weekend. Paying dues for a club and playing once so far is just not acceptable.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Played my first scored round of the year and shot an 81, which is a new best for me. I have been taking lesson's over the winter from a Stack and Tilt instructor. So I am pretty pleased today. 

Overall it was good irons, kind of poor tee game, very sharp short game(other than one hole).

Driver - XR16 Pro 10.5 Kuro Kage Black 60-S
Fairway wood - Taylormade Aeroburner mini (16*)

Tour Edge XCG7 7-wood 21*/XR16 7 wood
Hybrid - Adams Pro Mini 23*
Irons - Mizuno EZ forged 5-GW
Wedges - Mizuno JPX 54*
Bridgestone 60*

Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite South SIde

Nightmare round today 47+51 for 98. Only 16 more strokes than yesterday. I was in a rush to beat the rain, and so was everyone else on the course. Couldn't get a rhythm going. Driver was all over. Finally hit some good iron shots into the greens, those crappy, weed-covered, raccoon-infested, pock-marked moonscapes they call the greens. Hit a nice 3-footer right to the rim, where the ball put on a blinker and made a hard 90* right turn. What a difference a day makes.

Weather report says wind is 11mph with gusts to 24, but our course is at the tip of the peninsula exposed to the full force of the wind between Tampa Bay and Hillsborough Bay, so it's more like a steady 20+mph. So that's my excuse for a 94 today. How else could I hit 10 fairways but only 2 gir? Missed 5 left, 4 right, 4 short and 3 long. 1 bird, 5 pars, 1 double, 2 triples and 2 quads. Lovely.

Walked nine holes today; absolutely perfect weather; 70 and sunny with just a slight breeze. Springtime with my new Bridgestone JGR driver. Shot +5 with 6 of 7 fairways hit and everyone of them were 10-15 yards past my previous drives. Maybe it's just the warmer weather. I'm in love, at least until the honeymoon wears off. It's just an easy driver to hit. No wonder Snedeker likes it.

I played piss poor again yesterday. Luckily my teammates came to play. I'm still hooking my driver off the planet. It's killing me.

For the heck of it today I made the trek down the hallway to my golf room and pulled out my Mizuno JPX 850 driver. Cranked it down to 7.5° and put one weight in the middle at the front and one in the toe on the fade setting. Took it to the range and was bombing it. I've never hit a driver that far. Icing on the cake was there was a left to right 15mph crosswind and it was extremely difficult to hook it.

Working the next two days and Sunday looks miserable but hoping to try it out on the course here soon.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played 9 holes this morning a LVCC and shot even with someone else's clubs. This was supposed to be my golf week in Vegas and ended up working on a project that required more meetings than planned so that idea went to hell. Went for a tour of LVCC as it is for sale and was told to go play a few holes.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond