How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

So tomorrow is the start of what we call the Barefoot Cup.

Its the culmination of our yearly Tuesday Members League competition. They take the top 40 from the money list and after tomorrow the top 10 in both gross and net continue on to play the next two Tuesdays and play net stroke play after which a winner will be crowned.

I barely snuck in this year at #36 after missing over half the year with back and other issues. Thankfully I played well enough when I was able, but now I’m between a rock and a hard place.

I really want to give it a go tomorrow, but I haven’t touched a club since last Saturday(10 days ago) when the back went out again. I’m not in terrible pain this time, just stiff across my lower back, and prone to mild spasms when I make a wrong move. Right now I think it’s 50-50 whether I’d be able to complete my round, (although the old ball player inside my head is telling me to rub some dirt on it and go get some, 😆).

My concern is that on one hand I feel I earned my spot, and the right to go out and give this a go. On the other, I don’t know if I’m being selfish here. I’m sure the person who finished 41st would love the chance to get in. 
What is the proper call here, I want to give it a try, but should I bow out and give another, healthier player my spot?

EDIT I just want to add if this were a one and done comp, I’d withdraw, because I doubt I’d be able to win playing less than 100% but I think even if I play at 70-80% tomorrow, as long as I’m able to finish the round I think my game is good enough to  finish top 10 in one of either gross or net and advance. I’m just not sure about being able to finish. 🙄

You earned it, play (without getting hurt) and have fun 👍 

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Got out this morning with @DiscipleofPenick and played one of the more upscale public courses in the area. Drove the ball pretty well, but that was about it. Couldn't putt and short game was garbage. Ended up with a 92. The course was in great shape and a fun round. I want another crack at it now that I've seen it.

I couldn't putt either, the greens almost felt like done kind of Bermuda grass, nothing I've ever noticed in Ohio before. Though I chipped well and hit a fair number of greens. Driver wasnt great but I was never in trouble with it and it showed up at the end of the round. Shot of the day was a 60 yard wedge I stuck at 2 feet for a kick in bird. Always a good time with @MaxEntropy

• Like 8

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Gorgeous day today. Humid early but burned off by the 3rd hole with a mild breeze.

8126C40F-7752-460A-B50F-132DA837C1B5.jpeg.f9f32ed9f1f4f78bb4494f509195e21c.jpeg

84 44/40 (+12) with 4 pars, 4 birdies, 6 bogeys, 2 doubles and 2 triples.

-6 fairways (most were not off by much) 8 greens, 32 putts (7 (1) putts and 3 (3) putts)

86524B3C-E995-423C-9E26-F149804DBF89.png.3ada0bb659050c26d747c1b568a94e17.png

We started off the back, guess there is a league Monday morning. Started bad, not awful shots from the tee but poor decisions afterwards (shouldn’t be hitting 3W off the deck on a par 5 first hole when it’s wet and you haven’t gotten into a groove yet and overcooking a punch) and started triple, double, double. 
Was disappointed but things turned around quick stringing together par, and 4 birdies in a row! I have never done that consecutively, was pretty stoked. Probably would have had another but landed a fairway bunker on 18 that I still can’t believe do, thought I cleared it easily but alas bogey.

Got to the front and was ok, nothing spectacular with a few penalties, birdie train may have gotten to me a bit, but glad I was able to string that together was really positive for me. The 4:

D576BC50-49B1-4651-BA69-DD6BEA863009.png.d80eb098564afb79f467562192fdbf3d.pngC2DDEEDA-3681-415F-9D6B-5175F5516F81.png.9b8bda1b10b78201d04f889aab3a9878.png8B832C5D-CD57-4FA3-B8FA-53D2D4185726.png.d044b473009c66287c77e67be3dbc9dc.png285ECD95-3F57-4BA4-8ED2-4287AA4497B7.png.39e56c39dd9e193116179383cf94aae0.png

That's a great string of holes you had! Looks like the Evnroll/Fujikura combo was red hot with 4 putts on 4 holes. You still got to make the reads and hit the line, but having confidence in the putter is a big advantage. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a great string of holes you had! Looks like the Evnroll/Fujikura combo was red hot with 4 putts on 4 holes. You still got to make the reads and hit the line, but having confidence in the putter is a big advantage. 

Pretty much anticipated not making putts outside of 10’ prior, would have the occasional rabbit in a hat but for about 3 rounds now that range is really makeable. Real game changer and a few others they were bogey and helped not being worse

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Pretty much anticipated not making putts outside of 10’ prior, would have the occasional rabbit in a hat but for about 3 rounds now that range is really makeable. Real game changer and a few others they were bogey and helped not being worse

I was reading about your day over in the testing thread and saw how well you compared to a scratch golfer in that 10-25 for range. What was it 2.2 strokes gained? That's phenomenal!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was reading about your day over in the testing thread and saw how well you compared to a scratch golfer in that 10-25 for range. What was it 2.2 strokes gained? That's phenomenal!

Yea I’ve been trying to make sure I got the putting data over there.

yes 2.2 which I have not been even sniffing 0 even when I was putting well previously with the odyssey. I really am lining up and putting just seeing things really well right now minus a few hiccups here and there.

• Like 7

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

21 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I always take that as a sign that it's time to replace my shoes. Please don't tell my wife the spikes are replaceable. 😉

Your secret is safe with me! But I love these shoes. So they’ll get another season or two with annual spike replacements. 

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

26 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Our course hosted the annual Southern Oregon Golf Championship (match play event).  I didn't play this year, so I caddied for my friend.  He was in the Championship flight (Seniors Division), but lost his first match and dropped to the 1st flight.  We went on to defeat our opponents (who also lost their first match) and today won the final match 2 up after 18.  It was a really tough fight between 2 good players.  I think between them, they had 9 birdies on the 18 holes.  He got the crystal and I got a free lunch.  I work cheaply 🙂  

@dlow206 read this post and take advantage of this man’s offer to guide you around a course and help you break 90.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Bassara 

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 15* Helium 

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D

:cameron-small: Newport 2.0 Special Select 33.5”    

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

@dlow206 read this post and take advantage of this man’s offer to guide you around a course and help you break 90.

I would also take a caddie like that

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

23 hours ago, MattF said:

The score doesn't indicate some of my ball striking. Shot a 91, which sucks, but got a lot better with the driver, so my short games went south.

We'll see what today brings.

Same score and same 9 hole split...that's weird. But 29 putts. I think the Yes knows it's days are numbered because I almost couldn't miss. Driver was, for the most part for me, on song. Had 2 really crappy drives and it was all me not the club.

This swing change needs to hurry up and take because I really don't like seeing my HDCP going up.

• Like 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Over the weekend I played a 2 Day Stableford USAMTour Event down at Pine Dunes Golf course. 
I was excited to play this tournament, 1. I played this course at least once every year and I really enjoy the Stableford format.

Day one was a real disappointment as couldn't stop the doubles from wrecking my score and points, the old you have to be in the fairway was very true, the rough was punishing, but the greens where as faster than I have ever played them before.  No excuses , I played awful, I had nothing working for me.

Day Two, well this was more what I was expecting, drove the ball well, putted great and had a couple of bad holes, but over all it was a great improvement over day one. Made a move but day one points really hurt and could only get to 22nd overall. 
This has been my theme for the past few years in 2 or 3 days tournament, the first day am awful, but the next day , am back in and making moves. I know am a better chaser than front runner at this time.  

• Like 4

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

After all my earlier whining about my game, I showed signs of life yesterday.  My front nine scorecard had a Mickelsonian vibe....

#1, burned edge on makeable birdie, par
#2, can't get up and down from bunker, bogey
#3, burned edge on birdie putt, par
#4, 30 yds short in two into the wind, make 15 footer for bird
#5, can't get up and down after another burned edge, bogey
#6, Mr Snappy, and hash it up from there for a crowd pleasing triple
#7, overcompensate for Mr Snappy and flare my drive right, hit 8i over trees to 15 feet, make the bird
#8, burned edge 20 footer, par
#9, this one hurt...  431 yd par 4, one of three holes I've not birdied on this course this year.  I hit to 7 feet, makeable birdie putt, and you guess it, lipped it out on the high side, par.

39 on the front with a triple.  Yay me.

Two crowd pleasing doubles on the back, after some lovely tee shots, and another handful of burned edges lead to a 42 back nine and an 81 (course is 69.0/122 from tees we played).  After all the crap I'd been hitting, I feel an 81 with two dubs and a trip is actually fairly reasonable, for a 7-8 capper.

Other interesting thing about the round....  I assembled a HZRDUS Black 62 in an All Fit adapter, plugged it into my King LTD, playing it at 45".  I've long been a proponent of shorter drivers, and have never gotten along with lighter graphite, but my experiment with a Motore Speeder 6.3 TS in my Original One convinced me to give it another shot.  Friend has the HZRDUS 62 6.5 in his King F6, I've hit that stick surprisingly well, got the 75g version with my LTD, so ordered the goods.

Aside from Mr Snappy and the overcorrection mentioned above, I'd call it a success.  I had none of the issues I've had in the past with <70g shafts.  Maybe my tempo is mellowing with age.  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 6

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

Second round in the books with my T100 -S irons.  Also the second round with my new Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 putter.  It might be new putter fever and in a honeymoon period, but it felt great yesterday.  More details on the round the comments section of the Titleist Iron Testing Thread.

72 - 39/33

FIR - 7

GIR - 10

Putts 28

• Like 7

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"