How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Thanks a lot... Bill.  It was interesting playing from there.  On several holes I had no idea what line or club to use off the tee.  In the end I just used driver for all par 4 and 5 holes, except for the drivable par 4 #14 where I used my 3H.  On the par 5 #18 hole the lady that hits longer than me said she uses her 3W because her driver can reach the water at the dogleg.  I said, "Well then I can't reach it!"  🤣  Hit a perfect drive to the middle of the fairway at the dogleg.  Since I never get to go for the green in two shots, I tried it.  Flushed my 3H, all carry over water and bunker; came up short in the sand.  However, I got up and down for sandy birdie!!

I have a sneaking hunch my Yuma gang is going to lobby for either me to move to the blue or them to the senior.  My rebuttal is that we all got a year older.  Playing from the women's tee would make club selection interesting.  Maybe I'll try it the next time the course is deserted. 

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

9 hours ago, Syks7 said:

After playing it I've decided (not because of my score)  that there should be a lot more courses like it in the world.  My beginner buddy had a fun time without being asked to perform shots that a beginner wouldn't have in their repertoire, he got to have a couple real birdie looks, make a par, and make a lot of short irons swings.  For me it was basically a short game practice all day.  I didn't have to pull a club north of the 4 iron all day and I only hit that once -- off the tee on the longest, 379 yard, par 4.

Often referred to as "executive course" layouts, and typically 9 holes, I've played a few over the years that are lots of fun. Most of the popular retirement and snowbird locations have these tracks.  Las Barrancas in Yuma has one they call an executive but it has tee positions that offer close to standard length too.  

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Often referred to as "executive course" layouts, and typically 9 holes, I've played a few over the years that are lots of fun. Most of the popular retirement and snowbird locations have these tracks.  Las Barrancas in Yuma has one they call an executive but it has tee positions that offer close to standard length too.  

A gorgeous Geoffrey Cornish executive course layout in Middleton, Massachusetts folded a couple of years ago, and that really disappointed me a lot.  It was maintained beautifully, it was easy to walk,  and it was so much fun to play.   They used to have a really good pro shop, too.  I never bought a set  there, but I bought several single clubs and other gear.  The pro shop diminished in recent years as green grass pro shops have everywhere.

At one time they had a lady teaching pro there who was almost able to teach me how to chip instead of lobbing the ball everywhere.

Anyway, nothing lasts forever, but we had some fun shootouts there and i miss it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I had a par three course near me when I lived in CT. A real par three. No mats, and the lengths ranged from 100 yards to 250 yards. There were even a few water holes and elevation changes. To me that is the best way to work on your short game. It was so much fun to play. We even had our work league there. 

• Like 9

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I had a par three course near me when I lived in CT. A real par three. No mats, and the lengths ranged from 100 yards to 250 yards. There were even a few water holes and elevation changes. To me that is the best way to work on your short game. It was so much fun to play. We even had our work league there. 

I learned on a little par 33 here in LA, but while that little course has a place in y heart it's so heavily traveled that it's pretty beat up. This is the first time I've run across a full 18 executive, which, despite the clear heavy traffic was in pretty good shape.  I did fix a half dozen pitch marks on every green, but thats kind of normal for LA unless you get onto a private track.    It was such an enjoyable experience that I told my buddy that I'd play there with him any time he wants, and that if he wanted and that it was an excellent place to learn/practice.   I'm also going to bring my daughter out there when she gets big enough to actually play.  It's a great learner course for kids because of the yardages.

• Like 6

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- Fujikara Speeder 70

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°, 5I 24° , 6I 27°, 7I 31°, 8I 35°, 9I 39°, PW 44°  -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yep....when I lived in Fargo ND, there was a great little par 3 that was excellent for working on iron play.  I used to play that quite often just as a way to work on approach shots and short game.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Where in CT?  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Was striking the ball pretty well on the front 9 but then fell apart pretty early on, on the back 9. Don't know what happened really, my head just wasn't it or something. It wasn't just my golf game. I flipped my electric cart over twice on the back 9, had never done that before. Maybe because I didn't have any snacks today during my round or something. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Where in CT?  

East Lyme was where the course was. Called Cedar Ridge. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

East Lyme was where the course was. Called Cedar Ridge. 

Not familiar with that course.  Initially I thought you may have been referring to the now gone Canton GC.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Today was my first round since I returned from my trip to Pinehurst.  I played at my local with a good friend.  It was a very nice day, and a great round.  My driver behaved itself;  I only missed on fairway! Now if only my wedges would behave, I might actually call myself a golfer! LOL  As my usual, the front time was better than the back, but really I am happy with the result.

• Like 5
  • Bag        1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png     C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 3 & GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Irons       635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter     Seemore3.jpg.f4ef99613c6f9407a7e1a0a6ce56bf3e.jpg      Seemore Si1
  • 2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.1a396eb0e7a56229c153cfe6bb5b7435.jpg                            2021 Tester

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Was striking the ball pretty well on the front 9 but then fell apart pretty early on, on the back 9. Don't know what happened really, my head just wasn't it or something. It wasn't just my golf game. I flipped my electric cart over twice on the back 9, had never done that before. Maybe because I didn't have any snacks today during my round or something. 

We’re you close at least?

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Great score!!  I found the back nine... well, quite challenging and requiring some course knowledge.  

Have you made it over to see the Ladies at the Cambia Classic in West Linn??

I have not made it over to Oregon Golf Club to watch. Was planning on trying to go watch before it was moves from Columbia Edgewater. Oregon Golf Club is the worst course ever to walk though. Chambers Bay and other "hilly" courses are flat by comparison

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (14.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :mizuno-small: MP18 SC - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :mizuno-small: MP18 - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 - X100

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) 

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

7 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

We’re you close at least?

Close to what?

Updated 11/13/2021

25 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Close to what?

Breaking into the 80s

• Haha 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

Played my buddies private course it’s pretty tough course and I seem to play bad there, front 9 was terrible 56 ..so rallied on the back a little bit and shot a 47 .. so was happy with the 47, had 3 pars on the back, was slicing everything off in the front 9 

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

7 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Breaking into the 80s

No, short game wasn't so hot on the front 9 and i don't know what happened on the back 9

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Updated 11/13/2021