How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm like you... hate paying someone else to do stuff that I can do.  It's not the money, it's the principle... well, that and I'm frugal.

I'm the same but I can come right out and say I'm tight. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I got back last night from a 10 day trip to Long Island to visit family. I got to play twice, once with friends and then with my two nephews.

I’m really starting to hit the ball a lot better now that my back feels good (knock wood). It’s such a silly game though. My full swings are back on point, but my putter has suddenly become an issue. I’m fine with a long lag, or something between 6-10 feet, but I’ve been pulling everything inside that 6’ distance. It’s gotten to the point where I won’t take anything inside two feet because I know I have to sort it out for league and comp play. That’s easier said then done though as I can’t figure out the problem… it doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything different.

Ah well, I’m not going to stress over it. How often does a mid cap have every part of his game working well? 🙄

I had a great time up on the Island and it seems the  sweltering summer we had down here is finally over. I’m going to enjoy the next 6-7 weeks down here before I head back up for Thanksgiving through Christmas.

• Like 9

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* Cypher

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D DG S200

:ping-small: Kushion 4.0 34”

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

49 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm the same but I can come right out and say I'm tight. 😬

What is going on with the Sub 70 putter?
Are you going to leave me the last of the Mohicans using a Tracy? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Have you worked out which side of the bed the Evnroll gets?  My wife say's the spare bed isn't all that uncomfortable. 😆  

My Evnroll demanded its own room. Apparently I snore too much. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 4

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - G w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Callaway MD3 58° W-Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER7 34”

Snell MTB-Black 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Still looking for a place in SCG. Except for the common areas and golf courses, the only grass allowed is the kind you don't mow.  And, after decades of mowing grass, I'm certain I won't miss it.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Tuesday played tough Exec long LOTTSA water carry, I was in the 1st of 3 groups.  Didn’t much matter to me as I was just chipping & putting. 
When our group finished we waited next to the green & watched the “carnage” as the other groups came up short & wet.  
Last group one of the guys came up short into the trap in front of the green.  He got it out really well, over the green & kept going bouncing off Starter Shack kicked off a couple carts and nicked a guy in the leg ricocheted off stone wall and finally landed next to my cart near the green!  I was yelling Fore and everyone next to Starter Shack ignored me😱.  He still had a shot at the Flag👍

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 9 holes with the T100-s and the Mizunos today. Added the detail in the comments of the test thread - take a look if you're curious. 

• Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

76 score . One of better days this season .  I been chasing the long ball and my handicap balloon to 15   with many lost balls and unplayablable   this season.

Played a shorter course and off the white tee took out my irons mostly The greens at this course were not tricky that day .

Short game has always been my  way to lower scores, Confident with my wedges , My driver and Fw still a work in progress but I feel much better than at the beginning  of the season  I had a good day taking the left side out of play when I did take out the driver and fairway woods

I was playing to wider fairways earlier this year but now feel I can take it out on tighter fairways. getting good height on my driver now and not afraid if I need to drive over a tree ( given it reasonable risk )

I rather not have two way misses if I can avoid it.

• Like 8

Got out with my dad who's visiting with some other family. I shot a 79* (* threw in a breakfast ball for casual play) putting was significantly better. Driving was okay below my average. Chipping was normal (garbage) and my irons were less than stellar. Great round of golf though happy to play with the old man. 

Screenshot_20210930-154429.png

• Like 7
  • Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My league season came to a disappointing end today.

Unfortunately one of those days where the game just never got off the ground, shot 47/48-95 for a net 76.  My opponent shot 42/42-84 for a net 74.   

There are so many things I can look back on for that 2 shot difference, but the biggest one is simply I didn't' play well. Granted I know he had a hole maybe 2 he'd like back as well, especially our 16th hole, where I made a triple bogey due to an OB tee shot and three put, and he made a very sloppy double bogey that kept me in it until my final double on the 18th hole, to his par.  

The only part of the game that kept me in was iron play was pretty solid, winning me a  closest to the pin on a tough par 3, and the new Scotty Cameron Newport Select performed really good minus the three putt which to be fair was a very tricky fast and sloping green. 

It's sad to see the season come to an end just as the full Titleist bag was taking shape in all aspects!

Still some casual rounds left and maybe a couple 2 man tournaments as well. 

Took a few hours to decompress from the disappointment of the loss today.  Ok and to get some work done 😬

looking at these  I see now it’s a wonder I didn’t shoot 110 and lose by 15 🤣

here are the vitals 

8/14 fairways 

4 GIR

33 putts 

5 PENALTY strokes.  That’s a killer right there. 

The GIR is about half of what I have been hitting of late.  Granted probably 3 or 4 of them were just off the green.  But I had way too many from 100 or 110 yards that I missed.   Including one that went long into a hazard ☹️

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Took a few hours to decompress from the disappointment of the loss today.  Ok and to get some work done 😬

looking at these  I see now it’s a wonder I didn’t shoot 110 and lose by 15 🤣

here are the vitals 

8/14 fairways 

4 GIR

33 putts 

5 PENALTY strokes.  That’s a killer right there. 

The GIR is about half of what I have been hitting of late.  Granted probably 3 or 4 of them were just off the green.  But I had way too many from 100 or 110 yards that I missed.   Including one that went long into a hazard ☹️

Just one of those days… at our level, we’re always going to have them. 🤷‍♂️
Reading your prior post about your final week of league play made me realize how fortunate I am to be down here in M.B. We just had our league championship wrap up two weeks ago, but just like the PGA Tour we started right back up the next week.

***that’s the only part of our league that resembles the Tour btw. 🙄

I can play in a league any day of the week down here, both at my club or in travel groups. So between that and the various comps that are seemingly always going on I actually look forward to heading up north for the holidays. I marvel at the guys who play 5-6 days a week year round. I don’t know how they do it.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

... but I’ve been pulling everything inside that 6’ distance...   That’s easier said then done though as I can’t figure out the problem… it doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything different.

It never does.  I did that for awhile last year.  On short putts, it's very easy to turn your upper body slightly during the stroke, and it doesn't take much.  If you look at the ball during the stroke, there is a tendency to move the eyes to the follow the ball, and sometimes that happens too soon.  Problem is... that can move the head which can also move the shoulders.

Since I look at the hole during the stroke, my issue was moving my lower body.  I didn't know I did that until Monte pointed it out at his clinic last March.  I have to make a point of resting my lead hand on my lead hip when I warmup before each round with trail hand only putts.  If I move my lower body, I can feel it with my hand on my hip, otherwise I can't.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Shot my lowest round ever 2.5 weeks ago with 71.  Today I blew past that with my first ever sub 70 round.  Only bogey on the day was the 17th hole where I blocked a par 3 tee shot terribly right (nerves got to me).  Pitch shot coming back burned the edge but I missed the 10 footer for par and settled for bogey.

image.png.fcae4b6ad10d7fa0ebb68112b76d0f98.png

Feels like I lost the perfect game but still pitched a no-hitter.  Awesome day.

Congratulations 👍

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Just one of those days… at our level, we’re always going to have them. 🤷‍♂️
Reading your prior post about your final week of league play made me realize how fortunate I am to be down here in M.B. We just had our league championship wrap up two weeks ago, but just like the PGA Tour we started right back up the next week.

***that’s the only part of our league that resembles the Tour btw. 🙄

I can play in a league any day of the week down here, both at my club or in travel groups. So between that and the various comps that are seemingly always going on I actually look forward to heading up north for the holidays. I marvel at the guys who play 5-6 days a week year round. I don’t know how they do it.

Yep exactly. And I said as much to my opponent.  I said that’s why we’re amateurs.  

Then just like you mentioning the pros he said the only thing we have in common with the gsme they play is all play with a round white ball and our clubs have numbers on the bottom 😬

I said yep that sums it up perfectly. 

Another note. I am kinda glad in a way I didn’t win   There were two holes where he thought my score was 1 stroke higher than it was, two doubles that he thought were triples   One because he kept miscounting when counting a penalty stroke and the other where he thought I 3 putted instead of 2 putted  

it never got contentious as we walked through each hole several times when it happened.  But I could tell he was more or less just saying “well if you say so” snd wasn’t totally convinced.   This is where it would have been nice to have another pair in the group to help out  

So to me a loss is better than a tainted win. 

• Like 8

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

23 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

What is going on with the Sub 70 putter?
Are you going to leave me the last of the Mohicans using a Tracy? 🤷‍♂️

It looks like you might be. The Tracy seems to be enjoying retirement and the 005 is absolutely killing it. It's a lag putters dream.

I played yesterday and was paired up with other members that I've played with quite a lot. Driver was still great with 44% FIW on the front and 67% on the back. Shot a 45/41 86. Irons were a lot better on the back 9 but there's a lot of room for improvement.

• Like 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!