How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Shot my lowest round ever 2.5 weeks ago with 71.  Today I blew past that with my first ever sub 70 round.  Only bogey on the day was the 17th hole where I blocked a par 3 tee shot terribly right (nerves got to me).  Pitch shot coming back burned the edge but I missed the 10 footer for par and settled for bogey.

image.png.fcae4b6ad10d7fa0ebb68112b76d0f98.png

Feels like I lost the perfect game but still pitched a no-hitter.  Awesome day.

In our group, we would call this a reasonable effort  🙂

*our joke based on one guy calling his first good shot in five holes a "reasonable shot."  It's stuck  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

On 9/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, MattWillGolf said:

Being selected to test an Evnroll putter earlier this year was the push I needed to concentrate more on putting.

Yes! Different topic, I know, but had to say.. good on you 👍

Forum testing is not about "winning" stuff - it's actual work but do it right and the benefits to you are improvements in your golf knowledge and especially in your golf game!

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Friday Bacon Boyz today.  Executive with 2par 4’s both around 300yd.  Because of ongoing elbow issues stocked with nothing stronger than 9i.  Weird but shot 4 over!  Pared one 4par and bogied the other.  Hit irons incredibly well and where I wanted, chipping was excellent and didn’t need  any  stressful putts.  Elbow a little tight but icing after round cooled it off.

One of the guys suggested around 6 th hole not to get my elbow fixed😂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

38 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

13 greens in regulation.  I kept track just for you @Yellow Ball . Ok , I was in the sand once but got out nice and made the putt for par. You've seen that before! 🤣

Well if I knew you would react that quickly I would have roasted you sooner!   

• Haha 4

Shot an uninspiring 50. New swing work lead to lots of thins early. Cold didn’t help either. Driver on 4 holes was good, which was a plus. First round without Arccos and felt nice not having to worry if my shot registered. Left dot ball is nice! Played while round with one ball

C4CF8B23-6570-4411-8A77-3F98A8FB3AD6.png

• Like 9

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

More signs of life in my game from my Friday round.  Shot a 79, with two three-putt bogeys in the first three holes.  Greens were slower than normal and I didn't adjust well, hitting my first putts a bit too strongly in both instances.

Visited the trees twice on the back nine and paid full penalty for my inability to extract myself with two doubles.

With two 3jacks and two doubles from poor recovery play, I feel fairly positive about that 79.  LOL

• Like 9

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

On 9/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, MattWillGolf said:

The driver wasn’t quite as “slicy” which was good and my iron play was spotty. But for me the highlight was no 3 putts on newly aerated and sanded greens. Being selected to test an Evnroll putter earlier this year was the push I needed to concentrate more on putting. I need to test irons next. 😂😂

A big +1....Tested a Heppler last year and I know my putting improved not only because of the putter but because of the video & practice time and analysis of my stroke that I surely would not have done if not testing and doing the review write up.

• Like 7

Modern Bag:  Sub70 849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;  Titleist 915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played in a low gross low net event yesterday. I was killing the driver, and my irons were very good also. I was playing very well until the 15th hole par 5.

I hit a driver, 3 wood and was about 25 yards short of the green. I tried to pitch a wedge up close but that sideways thing off the hosel happened. Then it happened again. And again. I putted my next shot on and walked off with a snowman.

The next hole is a short 125 yard par 3. I took a 9 iron and… another hosel rocket. Tried to chip on… did it again. Walked off with a 6.

Hit the green in two on 17 so thankfully no need to hit a wedge, made a par and then, because my brain was fried at that point, I hit my 3rd shot on the par 5 18th into the waste area from 100 yards away with you guessed it…  gap wedge. Another 7.

i shot 41 on the front, and was two over on the back thinking birdie after 2 shots on 15, went 8 over on the last 4 holes and ended up with a 46. 🤦 Ended up with 87. If the shanks started earlier it could’ve been a 100.

I’ve been trying to stay positive on the course lately, but it’s hard sometimes. When my game goes off the rails it’s the definition of a train wreck.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* Cypher

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D DG S200

:ping-small: Kushion 4.0 34”

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

Played badly last two rounds.  I went from a straight drawing ball to unpredictable pattern after trying to learn to fade the ball and then caught in “no mans land” and army golf.  Really should have tried it on the range instead on the course. Anyway transition to total fade/slice now and can’t even hit a straight ball or draw 

Need to take some time off golf 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

My Sunday round ended on a high note! My home course hosted an afternoon tournament so this morning’s round went off in a shotgun start. My buddy and I started on number 2. My putting was solid and my driver was better than usual. The rounds 18th hole was the 475 yard par 5 1st. For the first time I was on in 2. A perfect drive followed by a 3 hybrid to 12 feet. My eagle putt finished just right of the hole and left me with a tap in birdie. 

Eagle putt

FFBF511B-A17F-48CF-88EB-6B57D3CF19F3.jpeg.234fe88c44ebbf6e5289820ed0332b1b.jpeg

• Like 9

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - G w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Callaway MD3 58° W-Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER7 34”

Snell MTB-Black 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Played in a scramble today, we ended at -12. Winning teams were -15 and -14 so we didn’t do too badly. 2 missed putts on the back 9 dropped us out of contention. My role was the “get the ball in the fairway” guy which was fine by me. I pulled driver twice and one of those shots we used. Mostly lots of 3 or 7 wood off the tee, some good putts and chips. Randomly started pulling short irons and wedges halfway through the round which was weird. But it was a round with the guys I played in a band with for years and it was the first time we were all together in probably 2-3 years so it was a lot of fun overall. 

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Tried to play the other day at Granada Golf Club in Hot Springs Village, AR, but got rained out after 10.  Started out real strong with a birdie on the opening par 5 draining a 15 foot putt, followed by a 3/4 sand wedge into the #2 par 4 for a tap in birdie.  Then the trouble started.  On the 3rd tee, I drove it into the right sand trap.   It had a high lip and I hit the next shot that came up short into the green side bunker....flubbed that sand shot and left it in the trap -- made double.  Next hole, I hit into another fairway trap, but this one was against the forward lip and my only shot was sideways, hoping that the toe of my club didn't hit the bunker face.  I did manage to get it out of that trap, but it was a cluster of traps and ended in the next trap.  Again, a high lip prevented me from choosing a club that would get to the green, so I hit a 7 iron.  Wasn't enough loft and I caught the top of the hill.  Hit my 4th shot on the green, but a long way from the pin on slippery greens...yep--3 putt triple bogey.  So, I go from 2 under after 2 to 3 over after 4!  Managed to make the turn with a 41 (5 over).  And then the rain came.

We'll be heading back to Medford and It's an 8 day trip (We don't do over 300 miles a day of driving with the motorhome -- just too tiring).  So, no golf for awhile again.  

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug