:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 60 @ 58* Dynamic Gold TI S400

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 54.11 Dynamic Gold TI S200 

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" 

:titelist-small: PRO V1

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

47 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m starting to put a few good rounds back to back again….

I played with a very big travel group (82 men 12 women) yesterday at Litchfield CC. It was week one of a 4 week net stroke play tournament where you get to throw out your worst round of the four.

I shot a 85 net 69 from the just under 6200 yard white tees, which placed me in 7th(!!!!) place out of the 94 players. The funny thing is it could’ve been better. I won’t bore you with the details, but my short game continues to cost me strokes, even with the most basic of shots around the green.

I was very happy with how I played though, and was shocked to see some of the scores players better than me put up. You have no idea how you place until everyone is finished however, because players are assigned to one of four different tee boxes based on their ability.

The course has a lot of doglegs and water. It also had very slow greens. Add to that the Bermuda rough is thick and deep this time of year and it was a very hard course for the higher caps no matter which tee they played.

As for the better players, those same factors hurt them also, as they have no room for error in a low net tournament. I think I was in the sweet-spot as far as strokes(I asked to be moved back one tee to get a couple more), and just happened to have a good day compared to the others who got around the same as me.

We’ll see what happens next week in round two at a neighboring Pawleys Island course, but I’m thinking only about 20 of us have a realistic chance at winning this thing. Yesterday was a great start, I just hope I keep playing the way I’ve been lately.  🤞🏻 

Congratulations!!  A nice way to get out of your recent bout of the doldrums.  Keep it going!

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

33 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Beautiful sunny day and my wife had booked an 8:30 tee time 10 days ago, of course not knowing that the temp was going to be 42º.  🥶  First round of this fall wearing long pants; sorry, @fixyurdivot I'm just a wuss!

Beware the wounded golfer!!  I hurt my shoulder somehow about 3 weeks ago and trimming bushes didn't make it feel any better.  😜  Then this last week while practicing my full Monte backswing, I pulled a muscle above my left hip.  THEN while walking 18 holes for the first time this year, I did something to my left hip.  I almost didn't play.  I talked myself into playing from the White tees because I can't make my usual full swing.

Bogeyed the 1st hole, probably the second easiest hole on the course... always a good start.  🙄  But a bounce back birdie on #2.  On #5 I tried to thread a shot between two trees and just nicked one; ended up with a bogey, but after that I was on "cruise control", and I wasn't really tracking my score.  My wife keeps the scorecard, and she didn't say anything the entire round.  Thank You!!

Shot 38 (+1) on the front nine.  On the back nine I successfully went for the drivable par 4 #14 since I was playing the White tees; missed the eagle putt, but tap-in birdie.  THEN... on my nemesis hole, the par 5 #18, I hit an OK drive into the wind, then tried to knock down a 7i under the branches of the tree at the dogleg.  Kept it too low and hit the upslope of a grass mound.  Now I had a 138 yards into the wind to a front pin with 127 yards to carry the massive bunker.  I hit it 126 yards... next to the lip of the bunker; green is 5 feet above the sand, I can just see the bottom of the flagstick.  I was moaning and groaning to my wife about always being by the lip on this bunker.  When I hit the bunker shot with my 60º, I knew it was good; landed left of the pin, kicked right a little and dropped in for my 3rd birdie of the day!!!  Shot 33 (-2) on the back nine for a 71 and my lowest round ever at our course...  3 shots under my age!! 

IMG_6330.jpeg.e87f936cf032381d87b7743403ba41e2.jpeg

Yowzah... great round Kenny! You best hope all the ailments linger 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I can’t take my game from the range to the course.

There are a good many days I'm glad to have the same issue 🙂.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

13 minutes ago, edingc said:

Finally was able to get out with @ncwoz again to take advantage of fall rates at Diamond Springs, which is one of my favorite courses despite a decent car ride.

IMG_09102021_193414_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.52052227dc53f8e49c146d8fc2527c32.jpg

Playing with Nate is a humbling experience. Pictured above is his tee shot on the par 5 No. 8 hole. It's 515 yards from the tips where we played from. I hit my drive 299 yards to the center of the fairway and Nate's tee shot was 25 yards in front of me. I think he hit 8 iron into the green.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun despite our tee time being delayed almost an hour and then a 5:15 round. We played a match that ended up coming down to the wire, and I scored pretty well despite really fighting my iron swing for a good part of the day. 

- 88 / 86 ESC (+16)
- 10/18 FIR
- 8/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 34 Putts (2 3 putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts and 1 chip-in putt from the fringe)

We got paired with a random twosome for the first nine holes and they ended up having a friendly side bet on our match, which made for some good humor on the course. Unfortunately due to how long the round was taking they had to leave at the turn.

As far as the match? Nate and I were neck-and-neck throughout the round, with each of us having a two-hole lead at one point and the other clawing back. Nate really played well down the stretch, hitting a few clutch shots to stay in it. I choked with a three-putt on No. 17 to give Nate a hole lead heading to 18, but I went hybrid, gap wedge to 10 feet and two-putted to win No. 18 and halve the match.

It was my first time ever playing match play with anyone and I'm definitely eager to do it again.

Are you sure Nate isn't Gumby?  No way I could get in that position, and if I did, I'd be stuck there.  😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

3 shots under my age!! 

Wow... NICE!!!! 

Heck if all the aches and pains keep you swinging and scoring like that .. bring it on 😆

• Haha 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Wow... NICE!!!! 

Heck if all the aches and pains keep you swinging and scoring like that .. bring it on 😆

First time breaking par in 20 years!!  I did a fluke 69 (-3) on an Arnold Palmer course in Scottsdale when I was a 16 handicap.  It was just one of those days.

• Like 8

Todays' round was more normal for me... 84 (43/41) with one birdie on the par 4 #11 hole and three doubles, all on par 3's.  It was windy; cold and windy starting at 8:30am.  I finally felt reasonably warm on hole #14.  

I bought a sleeve of the urethane Titleist Tour Speed today, and I like the results.  I only had one bad shot that I could possibly blame the ball.  I don't slice the ball off my driver; I can push the ball right, but not a slice.  I had one hole that was playing with a strong left to right crosswind, and the ball took off straight where I aimed and then sliced way right.  I don't have that shot in my bag.  Maybe the ball?  I'll play these until I lose them or wear them out, then I'll decided my next purchase for a winter ball.

• Like 9