How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

41 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I bought a sleeve of the urethane Titleist Tour Speed today, and I like the results.

I just played one against an AVX the other day and liked it as well.  I've played the TruSoft and TourSoft but not sure I'd ever seen a Tour Speed until I found it last week as part of my golf ball booty hauls.

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

27 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just played one against an AVX the other day and liked it as well.  I've played the TruSoft and TourSoft but not sure I'd ever seen a Tour Speed until I found it last week as part of my golf ball booty hauls.

I like the Tour Soft for winter; ground is hard, so lots of bounce and roll in the fairways, and nothing really checks up on the greens anyway.  I've learned to play a ball that runs out more, so that's not an issue.  

I'll have to play the Tour Speed against a PV1x to see how comparable the spin is for me.  Ground is still fairly soft as they are still irrigating, but that's going to end real soon.  Tomorrow night the low is expected to be around 28-30º.  🥶

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I like the Tour Soft for winter; ground is hard, so lots of bounce and roll in the fairways, and nothing really checks up on the greens anyway.  I've learned to play a ball that runs out more, so that's not an issue.  

I'll have to play the Tour Speed against a PV1x to see how comparable the spin is for me.  Ground is still fairly soft as they are still irrigating, but that's going to end real soon.  Tomorrow night the low is expected to be around 28-30º.  🥶

What’s winter?  Oh! I remember😱 I had 65 of years of it.

Thats the nice part of being down here.  Obviously we get cold mornings but not enough to change what ball I’m going to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Winter storm warning for us. 16"-20" at higher elevations and 2-4" for us mile high low-landers.  At breakfast a couple days ago Jennie saw the forecast and said "time to go south".  My Montana golf season looks to be over 🙂.

BTW, your boy IM is running away with the Shriners... just dialed.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, revkev said:

CD57F6B4-2693-42DE-859C-9159B9D23C5E.jpeg.6da83796f3f03df0cb8c2909a1a4e98c.jpegPlayed PGA club’s Dye course in Port St Lucie today. Typical Pete Dye, visually intimidating and yet room off the tee, crazy bunkering and shot choices around the green complexes, just a fun course to play. 

Drove it really great, kudos auto flex, irons were terrible, really terrible, fairway woods, chipping and putting were good to very good. 79 on a pretty tough track - one double hurt, started me on a bit of a bogey train.

The Dye course is a fun track. My buddy lives in that community so whenever I get down to see him we play three of the four courses there. 

• Like 5

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Shot a 42 yesterday on a par 35 local muni. Hitting a stride with the driver, have never been more confident off the tee. I made a number of correctable wedge mistakes that I should be able to fix with a little more practice but putting was the biggest issue. Missed everything outside of 4 ft and I think I was 0/4 on getting up and down.

Disappointing, but if you would have told me that these would be my issues at the beginning of the season, I would take it in a heartbeat as my Driving and approach game has made some huge strides, saving me a lot of scrambling.

Also first time using Srixon XV exclusively during a round, REALLY really like the ball. It felt great. Will definitely need to play it again but from the limited sample size, I would put it over the Chromesoft and Snell MTB X (both of which I did like as well).

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

What’s winter?

No, this is winter.  River (the lab) ran out on the deck this morning, stopped and looked back at me as if to ask 'WTH is this?". So whatcha think, shorts or long pants today? 🙂

1046802938_snow101121.jpg.a25df667bf5ceff29626f00f8938e87a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

No, this is winter.  River (the lab) ran out on the deck this morning, stopped and looked back at me as if to ask 'WTH is this?". So whatcha think, shorts or long pants today? 🙂

Yuck!  One time we went to NE late October I wore shorts as Weather report was cool but no snow.  Obviously I wore shorts on flight up, got off plane in Hartford to 3” snow and no end in sight. At Car Rental switched from sedan to Jeep Grand Cherokee 4wd.  Snow & cold all the time we were there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

... This is the reason I moved to Phoenix. 🌵☀️  I NEVER want to see s**w again unless it is in a picture, and I don't need to see many of those. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                  :taylormade-small: MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour/TP5x (2021)

Too soon.....

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I think it is definitely a @Yellow Ballkind of day.  

• Haha 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

29 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Too soon.....

Agreed.  Especially for a Minnesota boy 🥶

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... This is the reason I moved to Phoenix. 🌵☀️  I NEVER want to see s**w again unless it is in a picture, and I don't need to see many of those. 🤪

I may have mentioned this before...

Friend of mine moved to Phoenix.  He was born in Michigan, spent several years here.  We've chatted several times about the relative weather.

When heat comes up, his response is usually some form of "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."

• Haha 7

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

39 minutes ago, chisag said:

But, if you ever change your mind (and one might after seeing rock and sand forever), it's only a 2 hour drive to Prescott Sierra Vista, etc., where you can enjoy a winter beverage and watch someone else shovel.  We just finished the driveway, front and back decks - which has done nothing but re-affirmed our quickly approaching departure date 🙂.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Too soon.....

Well, the region needs to make up lots of snowpack and this is certainly a good start.  I'll bet the high peaks and snow catch basins got every bit of the 20"+ forecast.  We just shoveled a healthy 6". It's the heavy early snows and, hopefully late spring snows that are especially helpful.

40 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think it is definitely a @Yellow Ballkind of day

I don't think @Yellow Ballhas what it takes... but we'll see.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 10/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, Paul Hedrick said:

Yesterday I had a great round: 4 birdies, 8 pars and NO double bogeys!  LOL  However I did have a 3 putt 😪

Didn't you just get new irons? Sounds like they are paying off! 🙂

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

Played bogey golf today over 9 holes with my son. Only took 1 penalty with the driver which was nice to see. 2 pars overall. 

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb