Jump to content

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Agreed.  Especially for a Minnesota boy 🥶

 

I may have mentioned this before...

Friend of mine moved to Phoenix.  He was born in Michigan, spent several years here.  We've chatted several times about the relative weather.

When heat comes up, his response is usually some form of "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."

 

 

... I grew up in NC and spent 4 years in Ga so 95* and 85% humidity was sooooo much worse than 110-115* and 20% humidity in the desert during summer. Yea there were about 10 days this summer that were too hot to spend much time outdoors but I can live with 10 crazy hot days over 5 months of way too F*****G COLD to get the mail without a down parka and the hood up, gloves and boots. 😳 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

But, if you ever change your mind (and one might after seeing rock and sand forever), it's only a 2 hour drive to Prescott Sierra Vista, etc., where you can enjoy a winter beverage and watch someone else shovel.  We just finished the driveway, front and back decks - which has done nothing but re-affirmed our quickly approaching departure date 🙂.

 

... Finally moving into my house at the end of the month and will have some trees planted. They planted a ton of trees along the streets and entrance so in 10 years it should be pretty shady. I also play courses with plenty of trees like The Raven and Ocotillo that are like a oasis in the desert, literally. I am actually a little surprised at how green it is in Phoenix once you get past the initial shock of all rocks and sand along highways, streets and many subdivisions. 

  • Like 9

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... I grew up in NC and spent 4 years in Ga so 95* and 85% humidity was sooooo much worse than 110-115* and 20% humidity in the desert during summer. Yea there were about 10 days this summer that were too hot to spend much time outdoors but I can live with 10 crazy hot days over 5 months of way too F*****G COLD to get the mail without a down parka and the hood up, gloves and boots. 😳 

It’s nice wearing shorts 12 months out of the year!! I actually have “winter shorts “.  They’re a bit heavier than the normal shorts.  SWMBO thinks I’m nuts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chisag said:

 

... Finally moving into my house at the end of the month and will have some trees planted. They planted a ton of trees along the streets and entrance so in 10 years it should be pretty shady. I also play courses with plenty of trees like The Raven and Ocotillo that are like a oasis in the desert, literally. I am actually a little surprised at how green it is in Phoenix once you get past the initial shock of all rocks and sand along highways, streets and many subdivisions. 

Ariel views of AZ are rather interesting and, yes, there are places one would be hard pressed to know they're in a desert... a really, really big desert.

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It’s nice wearing shorts 12 months out of the year!! I actually have “winter shorts “.  They’re a bit heavier than the normal shorts.  SWMBO thinks I’m nuts.

Fleece lined with those micro-mesh resistance wiring and a 9v battery? 🤣

  • Haha 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fleece lined with those micro-mesh resistance wiring and a 9v battery? 🤣

Nope, Tesla hasn’t designed that type ….yet.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It’s nice wearing shorts 12 months out of the year!! I actually have “winter shorts “.  They’re a bit heavier than the normal shorts.  SWMBO thinks I’m nuts.

 

... LOL you have a kindred spirit that reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt show, a sitcom that for TV purposes took place in Chicago. The camera guy always wore shorts and when it was -30 below zero the staff was taking bets on what he would wear to work that day. Bonnie being the only one betting on shorts. He showed up in these huge puffy down winter shorts! 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Ariel views of AZ are rather interesting and, yes, there are places one would be hard pressed to know they're in a desert... a really, really big desert.

 

... This course is about 5 miles from my home. We have commented that if you showed a picture to most anyone not living in Phoenix they would never guess the right location. I love playing desert courses with rocks, sand, cactus and mountains as a back drop but also appreciate the greenery a couple times a month. 
 

https://www.ravenphx.com/about

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... LOL you have a kindred spirit that reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt show, a sitcom that for TV purposes took place in Chicago. The camera guy always wore shorts and when it was -30 below zero the staff was taking bets on what he would wear to work that day. Bonnie being the only one betting on shorts. He showed up in these huge puffy down winter shorts! 🤣

 

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... LOL you have a kindred spirit that reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt show, a sitcom that for TV purposes took place in Chicago. The camera guy always wore shorts and when it was -30 below zero the staff was taking bets on what he would wear to work that day. Bonnie being the only one betting on shorts. He showed up in these huge puffy down winter shorts! 🤣

My kinda guy!  40* with cold wind is a my number.  I have a S-I-L who is also Shorts most of the year. 

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My kinda guy!  40* with cold wind is a my number.  I have a S-I-L who is also Shorts most of the year. 

 

... Perspective. 👍  I think I posted this before but I played in Orlando with 2 Canadians after the PGA Show and it was 59* with clouds and about a 10 mph wind. I had on shorts, golf shirt and a short sleeved windbreaker while the Hosers wore just shorts and golf shirts.  Ranger pulls up in a down coat, mittens, boots, ear muffs and hunched over the steering wheel of his cart like he was about to have a heart attack. He asked how could we play with no coat because he had never been this cold in his life and life "up North" was not what he expected and could't wait til get back home. We asked what "up north" meant and he had lived in Miami all his life and said Orlando was "up North". We laughed so hard he just drove off evidently insulted. 

  • Haha 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

 

... Perspective. 👍  I think I posted this before but I played in Orlando with 2 Canadians after the PGA Show and it was 59* with clouds and about a 10 mph wind. I had on shorts, golf shirt and a short sleeved windbreaker while the Hosers wore just shorts and golf shirts.  Ranger pulls up in a down coat, mittens, boots, ear muffs and hunched over the steering wheel of his cart like he was about to have a heart attack. He asked how could we play with no coat because he had never been this cold in his life and life "up North" was not what he expected and could't wait til get back home. We asked what "up north" meant and he had lived in Miami all his life and said Orlando was "up North". We laughed so hard he just drove off evidently insulted. 

I believe it!!  I’ve gotten to know a few guys born & raised in Florida and anything under 60* is a cold wave!

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A nice round today with an epic front 9. 3 birds with 12 putts on the front!

ended up with 28 putts and 5 birds, but had a few bad holes on the back that ruined a really good round.

no complaints tho… but it was freezing at 50°

  • Like 9

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)
 

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

A nice round today with an epic front 9. 3 birds with 12 putts on the front!

ended up with 28 putts and 5 birds, but had a few bad holes on the back that ruined a really good round.

no complaints tho… but it was freezing at 50°

In Florida that’s below zero!

  • Haha 4

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

It’s nice wearing shorts 12 months out of the year!! I actually have “winter shorts “.  They’re a bit heavier than the normal shorts.  SWMBO thinks I’m nuts.

Yeah, but they're yours!!  So do what it takes!

  • Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I like the back 9 at Windmill. Shot a 45/37 82. Back to back birds helped the cause.

1611922469_2021-10-1207_44_24-TheGrint_Score.png.2171cf75952f6f3ad577240f5613bca0.png

  • Like 9

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

No, this is winter.  River (the lab) ran out on the deck this morning, stopped and looked back at me as if to ask 'WTH is this?". So whatcha think, shorts or long pants today? 🙂

1046802938_snow101121.jpg.a25df667bf5ceff29626f00f8938e87a.jpg

Pls flag as NSFW next time, this is a family site

 

😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My putting has been inconsistent. Left the flagstick mostly all season for putting. Now reflecting back I think it’s really speed up play so it serves it purpose. 
Overall I think it helped my putting   The short ones 3,4 5 footers  I feel like more confident.  Can’t explain it other than like me putting to a table leg at home. It’s just an addition target 

longer putts I don’t think it makes any difference to my score. I haven’t done the stats but generally feel I should be aim at a cup not a pin for longer putts   I could be wrong but I think there is stats that says if there significant downhill break the pin does help. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...