How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

While I have been able to get to the course to hit some pitch shots, I had not taken a full swing for a month before yesterday.  Hit a few on the range and it didn’t seem that bad.   Then I got in the course and it was terrible..  

8 FW, 2 GIR, 34 putts, 5 lost golf balls.  I didn’t add up the score until I was writing this and was surprised I broke 100;  ended up with a 97.  Overall,  it was a frustrating and mentally draining round.  I didn’t take the month break for any reasons other than I was out of town and rainy weather.  Part of me wants to get out,  practice and figure out what I need to do to improve and part of me is just done as I really didn’t miss playing that much.  Need to figure out a plan to work on my game and get myself back into gear.  

I think this happens to all of us from time to time. Life has its ups and downs weird events like you’ve described occur and subtly, without even realizing it, there’s an impact on our desire to play.

I don’t know when your season ends - is there enough time to plan a round at a special course and then work towards playing it? That often kicks my desire for playing back into gear. 

Good luck 

• Like 9

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Had a half-decent knock this weekend, betterball stableford playing with a 6HC.

I was best score on 10 holes and we ended up with 40 points. Putter was working well with five good 1-putts from about 8 feet and a couple of long putts that pulled up a couple of inches short 🙂 

Edited by DStar
  • Like 7

:cobra-small: F6+ Matrix Black Tie 65M4 X-Flex

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue🆕

:titelist-small: 816 H1 19° Aldila Rogue Black 85H

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Fubuki Z80 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 🆕

:mizuno-small: MP-32 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG12 52° Gap

:cleveland-small: CG15 56° Sand

:cleveland-small: CG15 60° Lob

DStar #1 Putter

:titelist-small: AVX Balls

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

54 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

We're finally beginning to settle in here in Florida. Last time I played was back in Ohio several weeks ago, today was the first time playing in Florida since last year.  The Bermuda fairways and greens took a bit of getting use to - but overall not a bad 88. 46 going out and 42 back in. This birdie on a 150 yd Par 3 helped the score. 

IMG_8507.jpg.9ddf9276fb07e8ab74775f17fe2f4e34.jpg

Recently punched & sanded?

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Here is the video I made while testing the wonderful…

Edel EAS #4 putter

i was lucky to be making the video on the same day the putter caught fire, and I had my historic 23 putt day. A few of these putts are from off the green, so in my world, they don’t count as a putt, as they are shots that could have been taken with a wedge or whatever…

go check out the testing page for the Edel EAS putters, it’s pure money…

Fantastic putting performance!!  The Edel must have cemented its gamer status!  👏

Two observations....

1.  What are you doing with what looks like a down vest on when your location says SoCal and there are palm trees in view??

2.  Who was playing in front of you that didn't fix that ball mark 1' from the cup on the 4th hole?  

I'm noticing the ball mark after playing this past weekend at a high end course in OCMD where our foursome fixed between 10 - 20 ballmarks on every green.  The greens there were really scabbed up and did not putt true at all.

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Sub70 849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

53 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Fantastic putting performance!!  The Edel must have cemented its gamer status!  👏

“Adele” has been glued to my hands since I opened her box upon delivery. Easily the best putter I’ve ever used

Two observations....

1.  What are you doing with what looks like a down vest on when your location says SoCal and there are palm trees in view??

it was 48°!! Crack of dawn

2.  Who was playing in front of you that didn't fix that ball mark 1' from the cup on the 4th hole?  

right???  I was first out, so it was left-over from the day before. I fix millions of them, as well as empty 3-4 sand canisters every round. A few of us early birds fix a lot, as we play almost daily- the visitors seem to care very little about gouging our track

I'm noticing the ball mark after playing this past weekend at a high end course in OCMD where our foursome fixed between 10 - 20 ballmarks on every green.  The greens there were really scabbed up and did not putt true at all.

it’s pretty sad the way some people have no problem gouging the track, then leaving it for others to repair- 

a few years ago I saw a guy in a drunk 4-some behind me miss a short putt, then slam his putter into the green in disgust- needless to say we had some words and they did their best to repair the extensive damage- so many just have no respect

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

17 hours ago, Rickp said:

Recently punched & sanded?

Didn't see any punch marks but there was definitely sand on the green. They were pretty slow which took quite a bit of adjustment for me. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Haven’t been able to play in a couple of weeks so although it was only in high 40’s it was sure nice to get out there.  And played well on top of it.  A couple of holes got away from me and the greens had been sanded, had some squirrelly putts. Finishing up the year on a good note!

Kings Deer is more of a links style course than parkland.  There’s water that runs through the course so bump and run shots don’t really come into play much but otherwise it’s described as a links course.

Fun day, cannot wait to get out there again.

0991DD99-5E52-4A5E-BA9A-BE89D09E3E89.jpeg

Edited by toehold57
  • Like 7

Had “Chamber of Commerce” South TX weather for a leisurely Sunday round with my dad. The green surface situation at our club this season has been like trying to putt through peanut butter and I’ve cycled through ~20 wands trying to find something that works without much success. With the temps dropping the past couple weeks and the Super subsequently dropping the mower reels, I have finally begun to roll in some proper putts with the old faithful Bobby Grace M5K-GT TC.

Less than stellar ball striking day (3/14 FWY, 15/18 GIR, 29 PUTTS) that included (6) birdies. Started out par, bogey, birdie and then made a very sloppy bogey on the short par 5 4th but the putter was showing definite signs of life. Bagged a fat turkey on 5/6/7 with 3 straight 30+ foot bombs (walked each dead in middle the last 10 feet). Played clean all the way to the house with a few clutch saves, missing only one green and adding 2 more birds on the back nine par 5s. The last on 18, a forty footer for a big bald bird that stopped dead on the left edge. Tap-in for 67 (-4) and my lowest round of the season by a stroke. Shot Scope had me making 172 feet on the moss… not too shabby. Got everything to the hole and only missed low side twice.

Basked in the glory of feeling temporary control over my golf game on Monday and then rolled out of bed Tuesday morning with a raging case of vertigo. To say that it’s been a humbling past few days would be an understatement. Looking like it may be awhile before I can secure an appt with an ENTS, so who knows when I’ll tee it up again. At least I didn’t post a stinker my last loop around the track but this situation seriously sux. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I’m praying a little harder than usual for some give and yours would likewise be greatly appreciated. Adios for a bit (hopefully) muchachos.

PS - loved your Edel video @Sluggo42… despite it making me dizzy AF. That thing should be prefaced with a hurl warning for the equilibrium challenged 🤢

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Shot 83/93 in our Fall two day tourney.  Not feeling particularly good about my game, I decided to play a different set of clubs just for giggles.  So my second set was: Wilson Triton driver, Bombtech 15* 3W, Exotics CBX119 4H, Hogan Ptx irons4-PW, Hogan Tkt 49/53/57* wedges and EVNROLL ER6 putter.

Shot 41 on Wednesday Night Shootout(9 holes at Heritage Isles) and Shot 45/44:89 today at Plantation Palms with 2 birdies, par 5 & par 4. Not bad for a set of clubs that I have not used in awhile.

The Wilson driver was awesome!

• Like 8

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, tony@CIC said:

We're finally beginning to settle in here in Florida. Last time I played was back in Ohio several weeks ago, today was the first time playing in Florida since last year.  The Bermuda fairways and greens took a bit of getting use to - but overall not a bad 88. 46 going out and 42 back in. This birdie on a 150 yd Par 3 helped the score. 

IMG_8507.jpg.9ddf9276fb07e8ab74775f17fe2f4e34.jpg

That’s great Tony.  We’ll need to get together soon.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Got called to play Wolf today at the other course in town.  I have not been hitting the ball well all week, and my right shoulder is still sore, but what the heck!!  Stunk up the first hole, but being Player 4, it didn't cost me.  

I won the 2nd hole with a birdie, so started feeling a little better.  My turn to Wolf on #4; lost the hole to a guy that hit his 3rd shot to 3 feet and made birdie.  My next turn came on hole #8, a very downhill par 3; hit middle of green, but left the 25 foot uphill R2L birdie putt 2 feet short... push.  

My next Wolf hole was #12, a dogleg left uphill par 5.  I reached the green in 3 shots and was the only one to make a par.  On #16 a blind tee shot I split the middle and on the green but missed a downhill birdie putt that should have broke a foot... but didn't!  Another push.  

#17 and #18 are reserved for the two players down the most quarters... I was up 5.  I totally screwed up both holes; finishing bogey, double but the other guys saved me.  I was happy shooting 40/42 for an 82, but shoulda, woulda, coulda broke 80.  Next time.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, fozcycle said:

That’s great Tony.  We’ll need to get together soon.

Looking forward to it!

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

So. I've had some up and down golf play lately, sadly resulting in me moving further from my goal of more bogey-golf rounds vs worse... Been making too many doubles, a few triples and even a quad here and there...

Had one 9 hole score of a nice 41 recently - with a pretty sweet up and down from a greenside bunker on #9 for par - and a few 9-holes around 45/bogey golf, but more rounds are 48-50-52 (for whatever reason(s) I seem to hit the even numbers a lot - maybe I should start betting online on some craps games or roulette wheels 😆).

And it's a little bit of everything that pops up at different times - a bad tee shot, a chunked shot that goes half the desired distance, a bladed wedge that goes twice the desired distance, a push or a pull that lands me in a trouble spot, a 2-chip, a 3-putt, etc, .........

I'm trying (emphasized) to avoid compounding errors and to plan careful shots within my capabilities, but .. well, you know: man plans and the golf gods laugh!!

On the positive side - I do seem to hitting a few more "good" full shots each succeeding round; the "bad" shots are not all as bad as they used to be; the short game has its bright moments, including bunkers which have evolved from total stress inducers to now usually getting onto the green into a decent position and putting slowly continues to improve also.

Anyway, with my stoopit back hurting .. and hurting worse after playing 9 with a friend yesterday (been going to acupuncture twice a week; going next week to try "trigger point injection" therapy) .. it's probably better for me to take some time off from swinging .. even though the weather here has been really nice so far thru Oct .. and go to work on the mental game 🏌️‍♂️🧠🚫💪

• Like 8

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Been happy with my putting in recent weeks.  Playing primarily 9-hole golf, been making more one-putts each round. Today  it was 3 two-putts and 6 one-putts.  My chipping onto the green helps those stats and it is the kind of day I have from tee to green that makes the difference of above, at, or below handicap.

• Like 7

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27 graphite, Ginty Trouble Club steel

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1       

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] "playing the best found balls" -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member 2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png  "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

4/7 fairways

5/9 greens

16 putts 

3W was awesome off the tee today.  irons were ok but i’m still costing myself strokes with partial wedge shots. 

first round trying out left hand low for putting. no 3 putts all day. stroke felt really smooth and the ball was coming out of the center of the putter face 

• Like 8

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour