How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

We had a tee time late in the morning, but noticed some more rain moving in shortly afterwards.  I checked and there were some cancelations and we got out at 9:20.  A little breezy and we didn't get wet until hole #16.

Second round in a row for the Mizunos and I'm starting to love them.  They send the ball right where I want... most of the time!  Still working on getting the correct distance, and the wind didn't help!

My driver was working much better today than on Sunday.  Shot 42 (+5) on the front nine with a stoopid double on the par 3 #8 hole.  My 4i sent the ball off the back of the green; combination of poor chip and poor green reading and... "put me down for a 5."

I had a couple of bogeys starting the back nine, but my shot of the day was driving the green on the par 4 #14 hole.  A little tailwind helped, clearing the bunker and rolling to 7 feet... drained it!  Parred the rest of the holes, including a 18-footer that barely fell in on #18 in the rain.  Shot 35 (Even) for a round of 77.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got the son to come out with me this morning and play the back nine at River Heights.  It was cold but sunny so it wasn't too bad.  I started out strongish and fell apart on the last few holes.  Couldn't putt to save my life; missed everything outside of two feet.  We had differing rounds but both finished with a 53.  I had 22 putts.  Playing in the cold, with really wet grass, meant that balls weren't traveling very far which we didn't adapt to very well.  I also learned (the hard way) that my shoes are not water-proof.  I didn't think about that when I bought them earlier this year but its definitely something I'll keep in mind when I buy my next pair!

• Like 8

Titleist 385k driver

Dunlop 3 and 5 wood

Nickent 3DX 3 hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and Cleveland 588 56° wedges

PIng Anser putter

17 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Got the son to come out with me this morning and play the back nine at River Heights.  It was cold but sunny so it wasn't too bad.  I started out strongish and fell apart on the last few holes.  Couldn't putt to save my life; missed everything outside of two feet.  We had differing rounds but both finished with a 53.  I had 22 putts.  Playing in the cold, with really wet grass, meant that balls weren't traveling very far which we didn't adapt to very well.  I also learned (the hard way) that my shoes are not water-proof.  I didn't think about that when I bought them earlier this year but its definitely something I'll keep in mind when I buy my next pair!

I find that having a single pair of shoes is difficult for keeping feet dry. If your shoes aren't waterproof, your feet will get wet on rainy days. If your shoes are waterproof, your feet will get wet (from sweat) on hot and sunny days. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

4 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

I find that having a single pair of shoes is difficult for keeping feet dry. If your shoes aren't waterproof, your feet will get wet on rainy days. If your shoes are waterproof, your feet will get wet (from sweat) on hot and sunny days. 🤷‍♂️

That never would have occurred to me, thanks!

• Like 2

Titleist 385k driver

Dunlop 3 and 5 wood

Nickent 3DX 3 hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and Cleveland 588 56° wedges

PIng Anser putter

4 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Up until recently I played multiple (3-4) times per week.  Because of water or dampness by what’re means rain, irrigation, sweat, morning dew or just sneaky standing water I keep a t lest 3 pair.  Right now I have 5 pair, 3 in real good shape & 2 other pair who are not long for play.  
I’ve found old golf shoes are great for working in the yard.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

39 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Up until recently I played multiple (3-4) times per week.  Because of water or dampness by what’re means rain, irrigation, sweat, morning dew or just sneaky standing water I keep a t lest 3 pair.  Right now I have 5 pair, 3 in real good shape & 2 other pair who are not long for play.  
I’ve found old golf shoes are great for working in the yard.

I have too many "working in the yard" golf shoes for the amount of time I spend in the yard.  At this point they just have to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The sun came out this morning after yesterday's rain, but along with came the wind... 15-20 mph.  My wife played with her Ladies Club, so I decided to walk 9 holes.  Joined up with 3 other old guys; nice guys, don't hit the ball very well but they also don't take much time playing.  We moved at an enjoyable pace.

I drove the ball pretty well for as windy as it was, and I made probably 40-50 feet of putts; two long par saves and a birdie.  The guys were impressed, especially when I did my best Phil impression and touch the bill of my hat... #toursauce!  Had three bogeys to go with the birdie, so +2 round of 39.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have too many "working in the yard" golf shoes for the amount of time I spend in the yard.  At this point they just have to go.

... LOL me too! When I played Foot Joy Athletic shoes they were very comfortable to walk in, but the support broke down in about 1 year or less. I bought them on sale and always rotated 2 pair so I had plenty of "mowing shoes". Switching to Ecco Biom's I expected them to last longer and have 4 pair I rotate, although not evenly and bought 2 new pair when they were 50% off. Problem is the very first pair I bought is still working well after 3 years. So my 2 new pair sit on the shelf waiting for that day when one or more pair finally lose their support or get a tear or get too wet or SOMETHING! that lets me replace them. 🤪

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Midweek stableford yesterday and had one of those 'if only' rounds.

Ended up with a 91 for 34 points but had 3 putts on the 1st 3 holes all from around 8 ft. Then played steady but had at least 8 putts that ended up a roll or two short, bang on line too. A bit more pace on the greens and I could've had a nice low 80's. They've had their winter treatment so not in great condition. 

Presentation day shotgun on Saturday so will see how the new X-stiff driver shaft works - hoping for good things. 

• Like 6

:cobra-small: F6+ Matrix Black Tie 65M4 X-Flex

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue🆕

:titelist-small: 816 H1 19° Aldila Rogue Black 85H

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Fubuki Z80 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 🆕

:mizuno-small: MP-32 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG12 52° Gap

:cleveland-small: CG15 56° Sand

:cleveland-small: CG15 60° Lob

DStar #1 Putter

:titelist-small: AVX Balls

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... What I found interesting is I have eagled 2, 4 and 10 from the Silver tees and birdie them quite often, but moving up I didn't birdie any of them from the gold tees. Twice I evidently thought I was a high index player swinging too hard because it was so tempting to easily get on in two and I hit poor tee shots.

Interesting comments.  Out of curiosity, would you say there was a mental issue/lack of commitment that had some influence on the quality of the shots?

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

That’s a sock issue and not a shoe issue. Buy wool socks or get some stance golf socks. Evolve golf has good ones as does kentwool. You won’t have that problem. 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s a sock issue and not a shoe issue. Buy wool socks or get some stance golf socks. Evolve golf has good ones as does kentwool. You won’t have that problem. 

Love my Kentwool socks.  I got rid of all my other socks; wear them all year long.

Just now, Kenny B said:

Love my Kentwool socks.  I got rid of all my other socks; wear them all year long.

I have a bunch of kentwool and like you wear them all the time. Depending on golf shoe I wear either evolve ones which are thinner or switch to the stance golf socks. When I wear some of the non golf stance socks I have to add some fun into the golf attire I can tell the difference in how me feet feel

• Like 1

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

All my socks are merino wool hiking/running socks. It’s the same thing trail running - if I’m wearing GoreTex shoes on a hot day, feet are gonna get wet. 

• Like 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

22 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

All my socks are merino wool hiking/running socks. It’s the same thing trail running - if I’m wearing GoreTex shoes on a hot day, feet are gonna get wet. 

I don’t experience that at all and Ive worn the socks mentioned in the middle of DC hit and humid weather where you sweat just opening the house door. Ive also worn them in July in Orlando with no issues. Ive used them with FJ, Puma, Nike and Adidas. Worn them during hiit cardio and never had issues

• Like 1