How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Forgot to add....

Yesterday's round, I also put my Tour Edge E8 Beta strong 3w in play, in the 3w slot.  It's 12* spec, but I believe it's actually closer to 13* (based on my completely scientific exam with a protractor, LOL).  I cut it down to 42.5".  Has a Rogue Silver 70 in it.

Had a few occasions to hit it, including a shot from 235-240 off the deck into a stiff wind.  Not sure I have any business hitting such a club off the deck any longer, but it worked pretty well.  I got caught up in the rough, my shot would have reached the green if I could have kept it in the fairway/apron leading up to it.

Gave me a brief feeling of ruggedness about my game.  😉

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 8

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Bacon Boyz this morning, 7:38 Tee Time and 50*,  Ummmm not happening.  Our group played 4 holes then gone😱.  
Definitely too col🥶

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Bacon Boyz this morning, 7:38 Tee Time and 50*,  Ummmm not happening.  Our group played 4 holes then gone😱.  
Definitely too col🥶

You and Inigo Montoya... er, I mean, @chisag.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Definitely too col🥶

Just now, Kenny B said:

You and Inigo Montoya... er, I mean, @chisag.  🤣

It's funny, my round yesterday was in temps that got as high as 46*, with 15-20 mph winds.  Helped that the sun was shining, admittedly.  🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

8 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

It's funny, my round yesterday was in temps that got as high as 46*, with 15-20 mph winds.  Helped that the sun was shining, admittedly.  🙂

We wouldn’t have poked our heads out of the carts @ 46*.  😱

15 years ago 46* still be walking and wearing shorts 👍

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

We wouldn’t have poked our heads out of the carts @ 46*.  😱

15 years ago 46* still be walking and wearing shorts 👍

... Crazy how fast you acclimate to your surroundings Rick. 50* and sunny in March back in Chicago I would certainly be playing, although 50* was my cold limit. But after 105-115* temps all summer here in Phoenix my blood has already thinned and 60* is my limit, although unless I am playing with out of town friends for a visit, I am not playing unless it is above 65* with sunshine! 🤪

• Like 5

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

43 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Definitely too col🥶

Man, nothing like the joy of smashing a drive when seeing your breath

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35" (Backup: :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:  :titelist-small: proV1  (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot, :Snell:MTB-X, :OnCore:Vero X1, :callaway-small:CS X LS)

7 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

... Ever since shooting a commercial in the winter that would run in the spring I don't ever wanna see my breath. It was around 35* and we were in sweaters only and because you could see our breath we had to suck on ice cubs just before each take. It was a long cold day and one of the reasons I never play in the morning. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

59 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Yeah, but it was only a few years ago that I played when it was below freezing, and my breath froze on my beard.  Quite a sight... would have laughed, but face movements hurt from the hair being pulled.  Then I got old(er) and I don't do that anymore... unless I have a heater inside the covered cart!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Driving has been too loose , Snap hook 4/9 drives from the tees last time out. I not sure what Im doing wrong My set up seems to be the same, The rest of the  5/9  drives were beautiful high deep fades.  Tee is always same height. I have an open stance and for whatever reason my hands turn over unpredictable  The first two snaps I could find in open fairway with few tress left side  but the last two was way over the other fairway  that I had to scramble to get back and other was OB . I got afraid of driver later in the round and had used another club to tee off.

This happens. Seem like I snap hook at least once every. round . with average 1/4 times  with the driver , the rest goes straight or slightly right .

Got some tips now that I will try . One is to lower the tee height to be more consistent( I  tend to tee up really high  above way above the crown  as I like to hit up , but I dont need to tee it that high)  . two is to extend my arms and check if  the clubface  slightly open or shut 

I have unknowingly thinking my driver face is open but when I extend arms I see that driver face is  actually shut.  

When i swing My left shoulder /shoulder blade moves more forward  than up , not sure which chicken /egg

my left shoulder lunges or my  grip clubface to shut  . probably a combo

I never really feel comfortable with holes that have  treeline  fairway that  has severe dogleg right to left  at around 200-250 yards  I feel like that sets up for  snap hook even when I try not to

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Haro said:

Driving has been too loose , Snap hook 4/9 drives from the tees last time out. I not sure what Im doing wrong My set up seems to be the same, The rest of the  5/9  drives were beautiful high deep fades.  Tee is always same height. I have an open stance and for whatever reason my hands turn over unpredictable  The first two snaps I could find in open fairway with few tress left side  but the last two was way over the other fairway  that I had to scramble to get back and other was OB . I got afraid of driver later in the round and had used another club to tee off.

This happens. Seem like I snap hook at least once every. round . with average 1/4 times  with the driver , the rest goes straight or slightly right .

Got some tips now that I will try . One is to lower the tee height to be more consistent( I  tend to tee up really high  above way above the crown  as I like to hit up , but I dont need to tee it that high)  . two is to extend my arms and check if  the clubface  slightly open or shut 

I have unknowingly thinking my driver face is open but when I extend arms I see that driver face is  actually shut.  

When i swing My left shoulder /shoulder blade moves more forward  than up , not sure which chicken /egg

my left shoulder lunges or my  grip clubface to shut  . probably a combo

I never really feel comfortable with holes that have  treeline  fairway that  has severe dogleg right to left  at around 200-250 yards  I feel like that sets up for  snap hook even when I try not to

I do that occasionally, but I'm old.  Happens to old people because we don't rotate enough or at the same speed as when we are warm and not stiff; the arms take over and... hook!!  I did it today early on the front nine.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

from the Dye tees at 6400 yards and 139 rating

You've got more stones than my group. We played a few years ago and were already planning on playing the Kiawah Tees (6200) before we got out there and winds were already up in the morning. Even though everyone was a single digit HDCP, we knew that course was a beast and needed all the help we could get. Sounds like you had a great time!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, vandyland said:

You've got more stones than my group. We played a few years ago and were already planning on playing the Kiawah Tees (6200) before we got out there and winds were already up in the morning. Even though everyone was a single digit HDCP, we knew that course was a beast and needed all the help we could get. Sounds like you had a great time!

Ha. Funny you mention that, for I was planning on playing the Kiawah tees … but the wind was very light yesterday morning, and only picked up slightly on the back. Along with that, my caddie saw my shots and distance on the range and challenged me to play the Dye tees. 

Two single digit handicappers played the Ocean tees at 6700, and 1 other gentleman played from the Kiawah tees. 

My looper told me that he caddied for Ben Curtis during a practice round once … he shot 70 while hitting just 6 GIRs. Crazy. 

D47D16C8-B30A-46D9-B70D-6AE8C43CB86A.png.2f7cfc1f24a35a9d9a6be85ec463de41.png

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

Early morning Big Boy 9, needed to see where elbow problems are.  Bogied 1st hole but Parred next 4 then 2 Bogies Par last 2 for 39.  
Elbow mild pain, not unbearable, I can live it.  Played from Senior Tees and was OK with it.

Next up Bacon Boyz Friday!!

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead