How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 11/6/2021 at 6:48 PM, Kenny B said:

Got home yesterday after walking 9 holes and our next door neighbor came over, gave me their house key, and said that she had to take her husband to the ER.  He's not doing well after the Covid shot; been to the ER 4-5 times this summer.  The problem was that they were having wood flooring delivered.  She said she made a place in the entryway and they could stack it there.  I said OK, I'll let them in.  Uh Oh!  One guy showed up later with a truck and forklift and it's going to be left curbside.  It could rain, so I had him put it in our garage.  Then I hauled it 2 packages at a time in a wheelbarrow into their house.  Those packs are HEAVY!!  Took me 1.5 hours, but I needed to get them out because it's my wife's parking spot!

Long story to set up another YB excuse.  I could hardly walk this morning and every joint in my old body hurt like... #*&@

Played anyway in a 15-25 mph wind; temp 45-53º.  Shot 80, but had some bad chips and putts.  Only one birdie on the par 3 #15; normally a 9i... into the wind I hit a 7i to 4 feet.  

Thats the curse of the good samaritan right there!  The only thing missing is getting a hernia slogging the hardwood to the neighbors!    😂

• Haha 3

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Another decent round on Friday, trying the new driver shaft & revised putter.

Shot an 87 (par 71 with 19 shots) and just felt pretty good. 5 pars, 9 +1, 2 +3, 1 +2 and a birdie. Missed the 1st 2 drives by a few yards but then hit 8 out of the next 10 so happy with the change from an S to XS shaft.

Putter was working great, rolling really nicely and impressed with the new Golfpride Tour SNSR Pro grip - really soft but great feel. Just left about 6 putts a little short but bang on line.

Edited by DStar
  • Like 7

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 🆕

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 🆕

:titelist-small: U510 16° 1-iron 🆕

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 🆕

:cleveland-small: CG12 52° Gap

:cleveland-small: CG15 56° Sand

:cleveland-small: CG15 60° Lob

DStar #1 Putter

:titelist-small: AVX Balls

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

6 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Club Championship this weekend. It was a war of attrition. Hit the ball ok on Saturday didn't putt great but made a few big putts that mattered. Ended the first day tied for the lead. Sunday on the practice putting green I couldn't get the feel of my putter and knew the day would be a struggle. Hit the ball great except for 2 holes. Putted like a blind man. 3 3 putts and 38 total putts. Luckily I hit the ball better than everyone else and was able to sneak out a 1 shot victory. First club championship I have won since 1998!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Club Championship this weekend. It was a war of attrition. Hit the ball ok on Saturday didn't putt great but made a few big putts that mattered. Ended the first day tied for the lead. Sunday on the practice putting green I couldn't get the feel of my putter and knew the day would be a struggle. Hit the ball great except for 2 holes. Putted like a blind man. 3 3 putts and 38 total putts. Luckily I hit the ball better than everyone else and was able to sneak out a 1 shot victory. First club championship I have won since 1998!

Congrats Zipr!

• Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Got out to play yesterday as the weather is starting to turn here in Indiana, but was around mid 50's during the round so it was great.  Wind started to pick up a bit, but the downfall was the leaves made it impossible to find a couple balls that were only about 3/4 yards off the fairway and in no trouble.  I'm certainly not the straightest on a good day with my driver and was a bit off.  Was not mentally in the round for the day and thinking back to holes and shots, was much too hard on myself.  I played a decent round of golf and gave myself a lot of good chances at birdie.  Just not sure why I was going through the motions and not enjoying it as I usually would.

Score: 77 (2 birdies, 1 double)

FIR: 5

GIR: 12

Putts: 34 (Zero 3 putts)

• Like 7

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

33 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was able to sneak out of work today a couple of hours early to get in a birthday round of golf. After starting the day off with temps in the 30's, it was around 70 by the time I teed off.

20211109_150955-01.jpeg.3a72987096dbdf533948ece6d89008a0.jpeg20211109_150959-01.jpeg.30912f9d5a0b31876d261b88451d4dbc.jpeg20211109_152621-01.jpeg.e03f6bc073018920ffb919c3919c668b.jpeg

I had the best round I've had in a long time. I played nine holes and carded a 50. My driver was solid, irons were good up until the last hole, and had another good round with the putter (2 one putts, 2 3 putts). 

My wedge game cost me today as I couldn't hit anything from 30-80 yards. I get in the habit of not rotating on these partial shots, leading to the dreaded s word. 

The swing change is starting to come around. I hit several good iron shots and a couple of fairway woods that just felt buttery.

The only negative thing happened after the round. I was going to park the cart and placed my right hand in the steering wheel....right on top of a yellow jacket. I didn't see it, but I sure felt it. I took a Benadryl once I got home and am starting to feel it trying to lull me to sleep. 

Nice way to come back after the last round. Keep at it. Happy Birthday as well! Hope you are having something good for your Birthday dinner.

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Nice way to come back after the last round. Keep at it. Happy Birthday as well! Hope you are having something good for your Birthday dinner.

My wife is cooking Pad Thai for dinner and we're planning on picking up some of the best Chinese food in town to celebrate this weekend. We always like getting food there on the birthday weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Tom!

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My wife is cooking Pad Thai for dinner and we're planning on picking up some of the best Chinese food in town to celebrate this weekend. We always like getting food there on the birthday weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Tom!

I just finished cooking but now I want Chinese food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

I had an great day today.  First time in a long time that I scored the way that I know I can play.  The best part is that I did it in my men's club weekday tournament.  No results yet, but I would be very surprised if I did not outright win my flight in gross and absolutely stunned if I didn't win net.  I'll post those results when they come in later.

Score:

9/15 Fairways

4/18 GIR

31 Putts

9 Pars

7 Bogies

2 Doubles

My wedges (short of one double) were lights out and I had a reasonable par opportunity on every whole except for the two doubles.  My putting was great and there's at least two of those pars that lipped out for birdie and both the doubles just missed for bogie.  I'm going to credit the practice rounds for this one.  I felt like I finally relaxed, decided to have fun, and play the game that I want to play.  Pretty aggressive without being stupid instead of the conservative way I've been trying to play. It felt natural.  I think this is my low round ever on a full size 18.  I've carded lower, but I no longer trust the scores that I was posting from more than a couple years ago.

• Like 9

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°,5I 24°,6I 27°,7I 31°,8I 35°,9I 39°,PW 44°-- True Temper Elevate Tour 

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

Whoa Nellie I’m on a tear. I seem to have found the answer to fat hits, and it’s been good for like a month now. They punched and sanded greens on my track this week, but they used the 3/8”plugger, so they were actually filling prett well…

• Like 8

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes