How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played a quick nine this evening because Tennessee and Georgia are playing and I knew the course would be a ghost town. I love college football season for golf! 

I had another good round, for me. I shot 51 and hit 3 greens. Lately I've been playing from the green tees (67.8/118 2870 yards) to work on my waning confidence in my ability to play golf. I'm planning on staying there through the winter or until I can consistently reach my target of bogey golf. 

My ball striking was a lot better than usual, especially with irons. I'm also working to spend less time over the ball because I've become a basket case and freeze up. One simplified my swing thoughts to "up and throw the frisbee". I've found that thinking about the frisbee helps me get on to my left side on the follow through. 

If I could have putted today, it would have been a good day. I had 2 3 putts, a 4 putt, and missed one from 3 feet. I lost nearly 3.5 strokes just on the green. 

I did, however, take a video of a one handed putt to show the deceptive break on #7 from about 18 feet and did this.

Great putt!!  Putting one-handed gives you great feel for speed and control.  Tiger practices that way; so do I, but I start with 3-footers and move back to 6 footers.  When I can consistently make one-handers, then I add the other hand.

I like the plan to play from the shorter tees.  You will have more fun and won't tend to overswing as much.  As your skills improve, you will know when it's the right time to move back.  Keep it up!!

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I understand and, except for goofy .10/hole Wolf, .25 KP's & Birdies, and .25 for fewest total putts, don't care to mix betting and golf.  My issue is that I fold like a cheap lawn chair at a Sumo Wrestler's picnic when I have pressure shots/putts 🤣.

Well that's nice to know!  Next year when we play, I just might say... "I bet ya slice into the woods! A hundred bucks!"   🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well that's nice to know!  Next year when we play, I just might say... "I bet ya slice into the woods! A hundred bucks!"   🤣

It dosen't cost anywhere near $100 to see me park one in the woods 🙂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It dosen't cost anywhere near $100 to see me park one in the woods 🙂.

I know!!  You hit some great shots, then out of nowhere...

🏌️🌲🌲

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I know!!  You hit some great shots, then out of nowhere...

🏌️🌲🌲

Shooting rounds in the 80's from the fairways is child's play 😄.

• Haha 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Shooting rounds in the 80's from the fairways is child's play 😄.

You should stop by on your way back to MT next year  for a round at Wine Valley in Walla Walla with me and @Thin2win.  There are no, none, nada, zero trees... rounds in the 80's are not child's play!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I'm with you.  Don't like betting on the game, just want to play.  Don't really get it.

"No, I only gamble with my life, never my money.".... The Mummy, 1999  LOL

• Like 7
  • Bag        1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png     C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons       635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter       default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                  Huntington Beach  soft 10.5 C
  • 2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.1a396eb0e7a56229c153cfe6bb5b7435.jpg                            2021 Tester

Seemore3.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

"No, I only gamble with my life, never my money.".... The Mummy, 1999  LOL

That was me in the 90's doing the work that I did then.

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played with my main bag(PXG, Wilson D-7 & Cleveland Zipcores).  Shot a 47/43:90 with a Birdie on #2 Handicap par 4 #8.

Felt pretty good to game my main bag.

• Like 8

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Played Execs Monday, Tuesday & Friday.  Struggled all week with the elbow issues so ball striking was terrible.  Only bright spot was putting. 
Weather was no prize this week either as it bordered from really cold too cold. 
Next week going to be in high 40* in the morning most of the week.  I’m not big in under 50* anymore.  
Bacon was always crispy 🥓😜

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Big tournament today!  Our club has an annual (except for last year due to COVID) Turkey scramble tournament to support the Mission.  Have to bring a turkey and non-perishable food as part of entry fee.  It's a gimmicky tournament, but lots of fun.

My wife and I played with another couple; I'm a 10, my wife is a 16, the other couple are 24 and 31 handicaps.  Our team handicap is 11... how does that work?  None of us are big hitters.  Did I mention gimmicks??  Here they are:

• #2 Par 4 Must tee off with the PSP training club (look it up); head is tiny and very closed!!
  • #5 Par 5 any tee shot not OB can be moved laterally to the fairway
  • #6 Par 5 Punt, pass or kick a football... your tee shot begins where the best football ends up
  • #8 Par 3  Throw a bowling ball... your tee shot begins where the best ball ends up
  • #10 Par 4... same as #5
  • #11 Par 4 No putters allowed; must putt with a sledgehammer (my wife 2-putted with it)
  • #13 Par 5 No putters allowed; must putt with a hockey stick
  • #17 Par 3 Must take your worst drive and play from there.

Our team shot 66 (-6) due to some miraculous shots from yours truly as the anchor to avoid any bogeys and some great putting by everyone but yours truly!  So Net Score of 55 which put us right in the middle of the pack.  Low score was 51.  Several pros played in this tournament from other courses in town

Since I knew we were not going to sniff the lead, I brought out my old Macgregor Tourney VIP 1025M irons just for fun.  Since I couldn't hit the TT S300 shafts anymore, I had reshafted them with light Nippon Zelos 8 shafts.  What a treat!!  I love those clubs!!

That sounds like a fun scramble. I couldn't imagine trying to use that PSP club, that thing looks scary. I also hope that one member of your team was a shot putter at some point, I couldn't see hurling a bowling ball that far without ripping a shoulder or of the socket. Congratulations to your wife for being able to two putt with the sledgehammer, I think I would watch out if she can use one that well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That sounds like a fun scramble. I couldn't imagine trying to use that PSP club, that thing looks scary. I also hope that one member of your team was a shot putter at some point, I couldn't see hurling a bowling ball that far without ripping a shoulder or of the socket. Congratulations to your wife for being able to two putt with the sledgehammer, I think I would watch out if she can use one that well.

Well, to be honest, I didn't throw the bowling ball.  My right shoulder has been giving me some pain with certain movements, and that would be one of them.  Besides, I was pretty certain that the girls could "bowl" MUCH further given that their tee was 50 yards ahead of ours!!  🤣  It's a nice advantage to have women on the team.

I also didn't use the sledgehammer for the same reason, but I remember the tournament 2 years ago, and after I tried to putt with it, I couldn't putt with my putter the rest of the round.  It took an hour on the putting green the next day to forget that experience.

BTW, we actually won $23/person shop credit with our tie for 4th place!!  Woo Hoo!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The scramble tournament yesterday was absolutely perfect weather for mid-November... 55º and no wind.  Today it was 65º but wind was 25+ mph.  My swing is still in the making, and the wind tends to throw off my rhythm enough that I have some bad shots.  

So I moved up to the White senior tees.  Shot 41/36 with 3 birdies for a round of 77.  It was a worse day striking the ball, but I did putt a lot better than I did in the scramble.  Score could have been lower, but I had 3 power lip-outs!!  I even managed to par my nemesis hole #18 with an up and down from the greenside bunker.

My wife also had 3 birdies, all on the front nine, and she was thinking that this might be her chance to break 80.  However, we all know what happens when you think thoughts like that.  Her game fell apart on #12, and so did her attitude.  She did hit some great shots, but had too many mishits.  She is still getting used to her new PXG 0211 irons and wedges.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I also didn't use the sledgehammer for the same reason, but I remember the tournament 2 years ago, and after I tried to putt with it, I couldn't putt with my putter the rest of the round.  It took an hour on the putting green the next day to forget that experience.

I didn't think about the negative side effects using that would have. 🤣 I could see you stepping up to a five footer and drilling it ten feet past. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

The highlight was actually a hole in one by a guy on the other team.

That was seriously cool. As I recall, it lasered 179 to the flag, dead into the wind. Arccos claimed it was playing ~220. He must have landed in the rough just passed the bunker since the only ball mark was clearly made by a guy from our team. Other than my own HIO, I've never witnessed another until yesterday.

It was definitely cold, but I had a blast. The length of the round didn't even really bother me - it really didn't feel that long to me.

Screenshot_20211113-233353.jpg.6f218fe02dae1e9babaa71a809dfc781.jpg

• Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+