How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Another sub 80 round yesterday at Coyote Wash 42/36 (par 71).  The front included a double and triple 😥.  On #7 I went for my usual layup to the open peninsula of the lake but popped it up and it bounced sideways and got washed.  I then repeated the sin splashing that ball. 

We had two threesomes and played a 3 man version of El Lobo.  Each player takes sequential turns off the tee as the wolf with the others playing wolf hunters.  The wolf must win the whole outright to win the two dimes.  We only paid out 4 times... it's tough to win that format.

Sure hope I can keep this trend rolling.  If I only use my 11 rounds since getting to AZ, I'm a 8.8 🥳.

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday early 9, 46* with 8-10 mph wind.  Froze our butts off!  Played poorly, in fact we all did.  All iron shots felt like I was hitting marbles.

Similar temps this morning so we are skipping golf and scheduled to play Friday Bacon Boyz.  

Wuss!  We play all winter long, and if we didn't play in 46º with 8-10 mph... we wouldn't play all winter long!!

• Haha 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Wuss!  We play all winter long, and if we didn't play in 46º with 8-10 mph... we wouldn't play all winter long!!

After living in FL for 10 years anything under 50* with over 5 mph wind is Antarctic weather.  A few guys never showed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

After living in FL for 10 years anything under 50* with over 5 mph wind is Antarctic weather.  A few guys never showed.

Hell, after only 4 weeks here in AZ, we're finding evening/early mornings in the low 60's on the chilly side of things 🙂.

• Like 5

Work has been killing me over the past month but I finally got out and played on Sunday. Only the third round on my new PXG irons but I’m really hitting them well. Ended up shooting 48 on the front with a couple of wayward drives and then really turned it around with a 41 on the back for a nice 89.

good to see a score below 90 for a change. Hoping to be able to play a couple of rounds over the holiday weekend, weather here in Southeast Texas is absolutely perfect with temperatures in the mid 70s every day.

• Like 7

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Obviously Tony and Rick missed a very important feature in the picture - the cart path - there's that little part that sticks out to the right side of the fairway - I hit a ball down the right rough line with a touch of draw - it hit the cart path and took off. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

1 minute ago, revkev said:

Obviously Tony and Rick missed a very important feature in the picture - the cart path - there's that little part that sticks out to the right side of the fairway - I hit a ball down the right rough line with a touch of draw - it hit the cart path and took off. 🙂

The old adage was that there are no pictures on the scorecard; but I guess with today’s technology we are starting to get the picture that goes with the score.  Even with the picture it is still a 310 yard bomb!   

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I saw that line and the cart part. I didn't want to point it out and take away from the end result.  

• Haha 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Here it is…..Rev’s Drive…..

22019481-64E9-4D38-B962-63DEACDBD5B2.jpeg

I think someone needs a pee test and some aiming fluid to keep off the cart path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Several years ago at our old course, our pro held a "backwards" scramble tournament; put tee markers by the greens and played the course backwards.  That was interesting.  To hit from the #2 green to the #1 green he had to put the tees in the driving range and hit over a road.  The road turned 90º and ran parallel between the #1 and #2 holes.  The distance to the green was about 260y (if I remember correctly) to the elevated #1 green.  My wife teed off pulling her shot (maybe on purpose?); hit the road, bounced many times, and then off the road next to the green... pin high!  Her longest drive ever!!  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot 77 (39/38) at a course just outside Vicksburg, MS, called Clear Creek. It’s in a tiny little town, but it’s a fun course that is difficult to hit driver on due to very narrow fairways that are lined by oak trees! Decade’s 60 yard wide target does NOT apply anywhere on this course. Wind was blowing at about 15, so it made it even tougher to hit drives. Tabletop greens, so when I missed them I had short chips to the hole. Only hit 8 fairways and 7 greens, but had just 29 putts… Sky was clear, temp hit the 70s, so I had an enjoyable day.

• Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Driver has been a little fadey lately… why does something always have to be goofy? Then of course if you decide to play that little fade, then it goes straight as an arrow…

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Shot 5 over 41 playing 9 this morning with my dad and brother. Very happy with that given the 37 degrees it was when we teed off. The cold helps me though, tend to shorten up the swing and club up which usually helps… maybe I should learn something from this 🧐🤔

• Like 7

:taylormade-small:  SIM2 8* Diamana S+ Stiff Tipped 1"

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5* Tensi AV Blue Stiff Tipped 1/2"

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid AV Tensi Blue Stiff

:Sub70: 699U Pro 3 iron HZRDUS Yellow 6.0

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff Black

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 48* 54* 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner

Putter:

:titelist-small: See the source image Phantom X5- Current Gamer

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

:Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: . Pro V1 

Currently testing: Sub 70 848 Pro Driver 

5 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Driver has been a little fadey lately… why does something always have to be goofy? Then of course if you decide to play that little fade, then it goes straight as an arrow…

I think it's one of those "rules of golf".  🤣

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I saw that line and the cart part. I didn't want to point it out and take away from the end result.  

The guys here in Yuma call those "the senior highway"... and make it a point to aim for them. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Played golf today... or something somewhat similar... IDK.  Our course was closed so my wife and I went with another couple to our sister course across the Columbia River that is managed by the same company.  We get 50% any rate.  The course had a 10am shotgun start, so the employees could all leave after we were finished.  Nice!!

I got talked into playing the White tees, which are similar to our Blue tees... only 300 yards longer!!  Since both the husband and wife playing with us hit the ball further than I do, I think they thought a longer course would benefit them.  They thought wrong; as bad as it was, my short game is better than theirs.  I noticed today that the ball doesn't carry as far as it does when we play the course in the summer... duh!  The grass in the fairways was a little longer than ours, and the ground was softer, so less roll.

Shot 87 with two doubles and a lot of bogeys.  I knew it was going to be a looong day... meaning I'm hitting long clubs all day long.  Golf is not much fun when you only get to hit 5 irons all day.  My 4W, 2H and 4H got a workout, along with many, many wedge shots.  The grass on the greens is different than ours too.  I had good speed control, but never the correct line.  Tough day! 

I think my days of playing at 6300+ yards are over.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

16 person 4 teams $10 buy-in…….my team came in first place……payout for 1st…..$12.50 per person.  Net winnings $2.50…..C’mon Man!

... If you win 558.6 more times you can buy new OEM irons. Only $1396.50 to go! 😜

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                  :taylormade-small: MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour/TP5x (2021)

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

16 person 4 teams $10 buy-in…….my team came in first place……payout for 1st…..$12.50 per person.  Net winnings $2.50…..C’mon Man!

For my part, I shot a 44/46:90…..

Only slightly less than what Brooks & Bryson were playing for charity-wise!

• Haha 4

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 11/25/2021 at 10:52 PM, Kenny B said:

Played golf today... or something somewhat similar... IDK.  Our course was closed so my wife and I went with another couple to our sister course across the Columbia River that is managed by the same company.  We get 50% any rate.  The course had a 10am shotgun start, so the employees could all leave after we were finished.  Nice!!

I got talked into playing the White tees, which are similar to our Blue tees... only 300 yards longer!!  Since both the husband and wife playing with us hit the ball further than I do, I think they thought a longer course would benefit them.  They thought wrong; as bad as it was, my short game is better than theirs.  I noticed today that the ball doesn't carry as far as it does when we play the course in the summer... duh!  The grass in the fairways was a little longer than ours, and the ground was softer, so less roll.

Shot 87 with two doubles and a lot of bogeys.  I knew it was going to be a looong day... meaning I'm hitting long clubs all day long.  Golf is not much fun when you only get to hit 5 irons all day.  My 4W, 2H and 4H got a workout, along with many, many wedge shots.  The grass on the greens is different than ours too.  I had good speed control, but never the correct line.  Tough day! 

I think my days of playing at 6300+ yards are over.

I lasted 6,000+ up to 3 years ago.  The guys just decided that it wasn’t fun playing from Those Tees.  
We’re all enjoying the shorter Tee boxes.  

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list