How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

17 hours ago, fozcycle said:

16 person 4 teams $10 buy-in…….my team came in first place……payout for 1st…..$12.50 per person.  Net winnings $2.50…..C’mon Man!

For my part, I shot a 44/46:90…..

Hey, look on the bright side Foz, using the new income thresholds, they won't be sending you a Form 1099 👍.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hey, look on the bright side Foz, using the new income thresholds, they won't be sending you a Form 1099 👍.

Yup, you have a point…..

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

78 (39/39), four birdies, a triple and a double. Ugh. Outside of two holes it was a very good round! Cold!!!! 50*, slight breeze, overcast, but we had the course to ourselves. Good day!

• Like 9

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Bad front nine... good back nine!  45/38 for 83 at my home course back playing at 6000 yards again.  My driver was acting up again until hole #11, then it seemed normal, not sure what happened.

The good news is that I birdied #1 and #18; love making birdies on my nemesis hole #18!!  The bad news is that my swing took a holiday on the par 5 #5 hole... I took a 9.  I cannot recall ever making worse than triple on that hole, and that was probably when the wind was in my face blowing 20+ mph.  No wind today at all; not one shot out of those nine was any good.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

I lasted 6,000+ up to 3 years ago.  The guys just decided that it wasn’t fun playing from Those Tees.  
We’re all enjoying the shorter Tee boxes.  

I should move up to the senior tees... maybe next spring.  Problem is that my wife and I play with other couples and friends that are 20-25 years younger than I am, and they like playing from our Blues tees.  I've been playing there for the past 6 years, and I can navigate around the course pretty well most of the time.  Our sister course is longer, but actually easier to play than our course... if I played from the senior tees!!  Should have!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I should move up to the senior tees... maybe next spring.  Problem is that my wife and I play with other couples and friends that are 20-25 years younger than I am, and they like playing from our Blues tees.  I've been playing there for the past 6 years, and I can navigate around the course pretty well most of the time.  Our sister course is longer, but actually easier to play than our course... if I played from the senior tees!!  Should have!

Actually the younger guy 65-70 suggested we move up a Tee box.  I didn’t argue.  
On the Execs we all moved up maybe 2-21/2 years ago.  Lately a couple guys have even moved up even one more.  Whatever they want fine with me if it makes them keep up with the group.  
At this point I’m all about everyone having a good time.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

19 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

*** Personal Best Alert 74 ***

I don't know what's going on of late. My level of play over the past handful of rounds has been as good as its ever been.  We played Mesa Del Sol yesterday and I tied my personal best from over 30 years ago with a 37/37 😊.  2 bogies and one birdie on the front and one bogey on the back.  The guys I played with are not our groups better golfers and, when we got in after the round to have a beer, they insisted I transfer my score onto a clean card - saying "we don't want our train wrecks tarnishing that performance" 😁.

They mentioned how consistent I was hitting everything and that I hit every fairway and green in regulation.  I knew I hadn't, so we went back through the round and annotated those on the new card. The tally; 13/14 FIR and 12/18 GIR. 32 putts and no penalties.  Putting for birdie more often and having short putts for pars is a game I hope stays with me a while longer. 

image.png.0021aaaba75fd14a5c75ace916b7e356.png

Hole 7

MDS_7.jpg.247484a3d62dbee729ebc55b65aa0051.jpg

Congratulations on the PB, Bill! That's awesome and I hope you can keep riding the hot streak. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations on the PB, Bill! That's awesome and I hope you can keep riding the hot streak. 

Thanks Jason, me too!  I just updated my index so that should be the kiss of death... it was fun while it lasted 🤣.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

*** Personal Best Alert 74 ***

I don't know what's going on of late. My level of play over the past handful of rounds has been as good as its ever been.  

Congratulations and welcome to the elusive "Bounce Back Club". This club is reserved for those that have been ripped apart by Yellow Ball and turned your game around to shut him up. I probably shouldn't have just opened that can or worms but he already beat me down and I bounced back.

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Played Friday and this morning 9.  I’m at the “bottom” of the Roller Coaster ride again.  Both mornings cold (43-46) light wind.  First 3 holes really bad , all over the place then kind of straighten out.  I still haven’t gotten thru my thick skull that when it’s that cold to add a club or 2.  
Greens both courses were not bad, cut both mornings and were rolling decent.  Made a couple decent putts to save Par.

Tomorrow morning Weatherman is threatening 39*!!  Not pleasant for this group of Ole Farts.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Played Friday and this morning 9.  I’m at the “bottom” of the Roller Coaster ride again.  Both mornings cold (43-46) light wind.  First 3 holes really bad , all over the place then kind of straighten out.  I still haven’t gotten thru my thick skull that when it’s that cold to add a club or 2.  
Greens both courses were not bad, cut both mornings and were rolling decent.  Made a couple decent putts to save Par.

Tomorrow morning Weatherman is threatening 39*!!  Not pleasant for this group of Ole Farts.

Dang, that sounds way too much like the weather we ran from last month.  No doubt has the citrus growers on edge 😬.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Dang, that sounds way too much like the weather we ran from last month.  No doubt has the citrus growers on edge 😬.

They probably are watching closely. Have a few groves close by, good stuff!  

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

They probably are watching closely. Have a few groves close by, good stuff!  

Raised from a pup in Ft. Lauderdale and we and most neighbors had orange, grapefruit, lemon, and a mango trees.  Those made for some hellishly good overripe dodge-fruit fights. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Tuesday morning 39* @ Tee Time.  It was COLD for us old guys!! 
We played 1, 2, 7, 8 & 9.  All the good holes & Par 4’s then hit breakfast.  Best part of the morning. 
Nothing was going anywhere, ball was just not traveling at all.  

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead