How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, alfriday101 said:

My playing partner had a hole-in-one yesterday!  

73 years old and his first ace.   We've been playing together for years and he's been really close many times.  It was fantastic to see the ball finally disappear into the cup.

Plus it was a total bonus day. Some years the course is covered with snow by now.  

Congrats, alfriday101, make sure he registers on the web for the hole in one clearing account at 

Nationalholeinoneregistry.com. 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Played Cresc3nt Oaks in TarponnSprings, FL today as our club was over seeding.  Played the back nine first so I shot a 47(back 9)/46(front 9): 93.  Struck the ball well off the tee but approach shots not so good. Seemed like all my wedges came up a club short today.  That said, I did have a birdie on the par 5 #2 hole and it held in the net skins game for $12…woo hoo! BTW, temp was 48* at tee time and warmed up to 64*. 

• Like 7

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Followed up the 74 with a solid 84 at Desert Hills today... I absolutely knew the Golf Gods were going to hammer me for making that post and updating my index 😆.  The pins were in the toughest positions we'd ever seen; some just downright nasty.  I told myself several times NOT to get above the pin because of the severe downslope.  I don't follow my own advice too well.  Fortunately none of those ended up costing me too much, but the par 3's had my number as I DB all but #17. The pitcher of Kiltlifter after the round made things all better.

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Had a good day today.  I want to lament the two three putts that would have given me a 79, but 81 will do.  I'm also quite pleased that I kept the card free of doubles for the first time in months.   Pretty close to an 'exceptional' score in the index, but not quite.  It was a tale of two 9's.  Shot 44 on the front then went on a tear and was 2 under through 15 before the bogies caught back up with me again. I knew what the score was on 18 and went for it trying to get another birdie before the golf gods gently said not today.  I hit a great drive, a very poor three wood into a tree, then was in jail for the third shot.  Still, I had to go for it.  So I attempted a hero shot under a low tree branch with what I thought was a hooded 4 iron -- Turns out my tags told me after the fact that it was a 6 iron.  🤦‍♂️.    I struck it really well... directly into the large limb I was trying to get it under.  Fortunately it caught the bottom and kicked forward leaving me with 133.  I didn't hit that particularly well either leaving me with a very long two putt which I converted for Bogie.  

Driver was outstanding all day.

Long Irons were hit and Miss

Short Irons & Wedges were very solid

Chipping Pitching didn't hurt me today & were fairly solid otherwise.

Putter -- was very iffy on the front, lots of missed opportunities, then got hot on the back.  

Side note I decided to clean sweep my game golf profile and start fresh.  It's kind of nice to have all this data again.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/jgilliam77/round/3123616

2139398293_12_01.21Front.jpg.9dda54cf560bd6a3bdde416c52fbf3ce.jpg1728268637_12_01.21Back.jpg.a76a9261b12d2042314e2d84fd81ac93.jpg

Edited by Syks7
  • Like 7

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°,5I 24°,6I 27°,7I 31°,8I 35°,9I 39°,PW 44°-- True Temper Elevate Tour 

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

Early morning 9, still chilly 45* but sunny after 8:00am.  Shot a 40,+4.   
Driver was behaving,  chipping & putter we’re doing OK also.  Mid irons could have been a little more consistent. 
I left myself in some poor spots on the green which led to a couple of Bogeys.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

What are the odds?

I posted above that on Monday my playing partner got a hole in one.  Well, it happened again.

The same group played today and a different playing partner aced the same hole.  His shot was almost identical to ace on Monday.  He is 64 and this was his 6th hole in one.  

I hope we get to play later in the week--it's my turn for an ace.  

Anyone want to calculate the odds of a player in the same group acing the same hole in back to back rounds.  My head hurts just thinking about it--okay, it could be the celebratory scotch.  

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

Anyone want to calculate the odds of a player in the same group acing the same hole in back to back rounds.

... Unreal. 6 HOI's?!? Congrats to your friend. The amount of rounds I have played in my life is off the charts and I figure the chances of me not acing a hole twice but only once seems to be:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                  :taylormade-small: MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour/TP5x (2021)

34 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Unreal. 6 HOI's?!? Congrats to your friend. The amount of rounds I have played in my life is off the charts and I figure the chances of me not acing a hole twice but only once seems to be:

I'm right there with ya brotha. 32 years and still waiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1 hour ago, alfriday101 said:

What are the odds?

I posted above that on Monday my playing partner got a hole in one.  Well, it happened again.

The same group played today and a different playing partner aced the same hole.  His shot was almost identical to ace on Monday.  He is 64 and this was his 6th hole in one.  

I hope we get to play later in the week--it's my turn for an ace.  

Anyone want to calculate the odds of a player in the same group acing the same hole in back to back rounds.  My head hurts just thinking about it--okay, it could be the celebratory scotch.  

That’s pretty cool!! Congratulations and maybe you next week👍

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

43/39 for 82 playing the senior tees today with wind 25-35mph.  Absolutely brutal!!  The only thing good about today was the 72º temperature.  Not a good day putting.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot a 45/47:92 today at my hone club, Plantation Palms.  7/14 FiR 50% 5/18 GIR 28% with 36 putts.

Driver was hit well, irons mostly okay, up and downs 24% No birdies, only lost 1 ball.

Temp was 48* to 71* and Sunny.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Shot a 45/47:92 today at my hone club, Plantation Palms.  7/14 FiR 50% 5/18 GIR 28% with 36 putts.

Driver was hit well, irons mostly okay, up and downs 24% No birdies, only list 1 ball.

Temp was 48* to 71* and Sunny.

Floridian linksters really like to bust balls, don't they?

I almost froze my ass off just walking the dog that you see above.

I suppose that I could try DeSantisland myself if it weren't for the warrants.

Have fun, Foz.  I know you can do better with that GIR number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BostonSal said:

Floridian linksters really like to bust balls, don't they?

I almost froze my ass off just walking the dog that you see above.

I suppose that I could try DeSantisland myself if it weren't for the warrants.

Have fun, Foz.  I know you can do better with that GIR number.

Thanks BostonSal, I have been playing with a torn tendon in my right shoulder from auto accident in July(waiting for SWMBO to recover from her shoulder surgery before I get mine) my right leg is numb from 3 bulging lower back discs, hoping for relief in mid December from a Radio Frequency Ablation(from same accident). It is what it is so I’m not gonna sweat it.  BTW, at 48* we still wear shorts and a light pullover.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Thanks BostonSal, I have been playing with a torn tendon in my right shoulder from auto accident in July(waiting for SWMBO to recover from her shoulder surgery before I get mine) my right leg is numb from 3 bulging lower back discs, hoping for relief in mid December from a Radio Frequency Ablation(from same accident). It is what it is so I’m not gonna sweat it.  BTW, at 48* we still wear shorts and a light pullover.

Get well soon, Foz. 

Probably because I use a 1990s flip phone and don't know how to text, I can't translate SWMBO,

but I certainly wish her the best as well.

As for here, I've gone back to wearing a covid mask while walking the dog, not for health reasons--I've had my three jabs-- but to keep my face warm.  

Also, with a hoodie and Ray Bans, I kind of like the Darth Vader look.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BostonSal said:

SWMBO

She Who Must Be Obeyed

I've also seen it as TOWMBO, the first two words instead being "The One"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

43/40 at Desert Hills yesterday.  Having had a handful of sub 80 rounds in recent weeks has me really focused on that goal.  Seeing my final tally begin with 7 is addictive 😊. My ability to do so is a fine line right now and seems to hinge primarily on a couple extra FIR's and avoiding those irritating 1-2 poorly struck shots.  Yesterdays off the tee misses weren't that errant but just happened to either have poor lies or trees that prevented straight at the pin aim points.  A couple feet this way or that way would have made a huge difference...  😐.  

Hole #11, par 5.  The large tree on the right is about 290 yards from the white tee.  We try and aim to the left side of the fairway to be clear of it and have an open second shot of ~200 yards to the uphill, slight dogleg right, green.  A poor drive usually requires a layup to the creek edge.  I hit my best (longest) drive of the round about 30 yards short of the tee and right on the edge of the rough.  

I should have just taken my lick and layed up, but I chose to try and lift a 5w around with a cut... catching a branch and dropping down under the canopy. I salvaged a bogie with a better than average 4i punch shot, but was sure thinking birdie walking off the tee.  

DH_Hole11.jpg.07432accc074ca8155350310dc52929d.jpg

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Our threesome came to hole number 6 yesterday full of great memories.  On Monday, D got a hole in One.  Our next round on Wednesday, K got a hole in one.  And yesterday...

none of us hit the green on our tee shots.  As a group, we played the hole three over.  Ah, back to normal.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Friday Bacon Boyz 9.  7:00am, 48*, heavy fog and no wind.  
Had a decent morning, I guess not being able to see the Pin or the Flag helped.  Had a +3 with 1 bird.  Greens were recently punched with what looked like water jet and they rolled rather well.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Got out for a 55* degree day to a local course that I have played often in the past 15 years so I know it well. 

The key was that I did not get into any trouble off the tee or if I had a semi blind shot, i was able to make a great swing and put the ball on the green.  Similar numbers as usual in terms of fairways and greens, but felt a bit more in control of my game which surprised me due to the lack of play since late October.  My goal was to break par this year and I could have done it yesterday had it not been for 2 bogeys to finish.

Score: 72 +1 (2 birdies and 3 bogeys)

FIR: 6

GIR 12

Putts: 31

• Like 7

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"