TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wishon Smooth Series 6 Putter

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

After doing our review of the Dynacraft component heads we had some requests to do some other reviews of component companies. One in particular was for us to review one of the Wishon Smooth Series Putters. Here is the first version we got in. Let us know what you think. We have been testing this the last couple days and the feel is actually very good. First thing we noticed is the stability of the putter at contact.

Specs:

True billet forged 6061 Aluminum

Smoooth 6 Heel Bore 3° 90° 335-405 g. 7.75mm 600mm 500mm 6061 Al Double Bend RH/LH

smooth-6-1.jpg

smooth-6-2.jpg

smooth-6-3.jpg

smooth-6-4.jpg

smooth-6-5.jpg

smooth-6-6.jpg

smooth-6-7.jpg

#TruthDigest

I was interested to read that stability at impact was the first comment you made; the design looks to me like it would have low MOI because the weight is not moved out to the heel & toe. I'll be anxious to hear what kind of theories and technologies are at work in this putter.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I have had one of these putters and they are very solid. The bottom medallion comes off and there are weights that can be added so the head can weigh from something like 330 grams to well over 400 grams.

Is the face really smooth? This seems like the reverse from Rife and Yes who have made the face very rough. Did it still get the ball rolling quickly, or was there a skid then roll?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

i am a big fan of wishon irons and fairway wood heads. Can you all do a review of the 949 head? It is HOT!!!

i see where they get the smooth name from. Im sure the MOI is great on this putter.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

I have had one of these putters and they are very solid. The bottom medallion comes off and there are weights that can be added so the head can weigh from something like 330 grams to well over 400 grams.

Really, that's a cool feature.

Are the additional weights included with the putter or are they an additional purchase?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I did not get any when they sent them...I will have to ask Tom.

Are the additional weights included with the putter or are they an additional purchase?

#TruthDigest

Ask Tom about them. If I remember correctly they are additional to purchase but not expensive at at all. Makes for a very fun putter to try different weights with. If I could use a double bend mallet more effectively I would still be playing one of these.

Archived