Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

Part 2 of recent rounds

Played on Thursday in what was the first windy day test of the ball.

27mph winds with gusts are 50mph for you imperial folk. Let me remark, the ball performed admirably. I hit a missile on 18 that should have gone 260, went 207 into the wind But then I hit it 311 downwind so

The ball is easy to flight down and control, honestly the Bridgestone has thoroughly impressed me in that regard.

Mindset in the wind, really helped me focus and I feel this round could have been a couple strokes better. Poor putting and not stellar short game really hurt the score here. I'm still not sold on the mindset process for chips, I like to just "feel" what I think it should do...visualizing kind of distracts me from that and doesn't add much. Pick a landing spot and make a swing of what you think should put it there. I worry too much about flight windows when close to the green with mindset and it takes my focus a little off (or misdirects it if you will) from the task at hand.

So far from the 5 or so rounds I've played, mindset has essentially reversed my strengths/weaknesses. My driving is significantly better, but now I'm lousy around the greens How to strike the middle ground, that is the question I think I need to visualize my drives more, approaches visualize a little more than I have been, chipping rely on my feel/touch and not visualize flight but rather feel the swing, putting....TBD. it's been up and down with putting with some poor reads on my behalf on a couple of them. I do like the alignment aid though for putting....think that might be my favorite part of it 856423051b6654e999e23c31280fab9e.jpgfd155601d321e5dbb8920d43e6e02d00.jpgaa3eae100383a48cf473380722ad5129.jpg1686f08225a3d89ab2c24621cdc79171.jpgd851cc0f5838b67eb0d366b9b44f2ec8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

On 5/17/2024 at 12:34 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

No notification was going out as there was 1400 plus ppl that applied and only 300+ that were getting them from the second go around.

The other thread was for the sign up up and we want to have the discussion surrounding the golf balls here.

Pretty sure you were one of those who got them, but don't have a timetable on when they will arrive for all.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 Ventus TR Black 5 S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :vokey-small: 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3 x Accra

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

On 5/17/2024 at 10:52 AM, GolferDad66 said:

Added note. rewatched the Bridgestone video, and I did not do as good a job on step 3.  supposed to clear my head and just focus on the ball and swing.  I was still going thru swing thoughts before I hit.  So need to improve on that.

I think this is the key to the whole thing.  Clear thoughts, focus, and swing.  

Lefty.  Calloway woods.  Taylor Made Irons. Will play in snow. 

10 hours ago, HairNet said:

Clear thoughts, focus, and swing. 

I'm not sure that is working for me! I am not going to say how great this process is just because I got some free balls. What I am finding is that I can hit some very good shots when following all the steps. I pick out my target, "plan" (visualize) my shot, and focus on the green dot.

The problem is when I do that, allowing my mind to be free of swing thoughts, I often get what I call "ball bound". My swing loses its typical rhythm, I sometimes fail to have much of a weight shift, sometimes even falling back on my trail foot, especially off the tee. Often, swinging like that, I hit some shots that seem to take off as well struck shots, only to go nowhere. Maybe it is not as much the process, as this ball, compared to what I normally play, maybe just doesn't suit my game. Shot Scope data at this point shows the B RX to be considerably shorter than what I was using before. Is it the process or the ball? Hopefully, continued use of the ball and the process will sort itself out.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

So I was able to try out the mindset.  I was fit for the RX (which I think was a mistake, which I will get to).  Here are my main takeaways from it.  Good and bad.

Good:

1. It helps me not rush anything.  I go through my routine and then before I approach the ball I go through the mindset routine.

2. Using the aiming system off the tee leaves out aiming guess work.  I’m sure we have all hit great shots that didn’t go where we thought, but actually, went exactly where we were really aimed.  I have a tendency aim left of target and miss left with my draw.

3. The ball itself felt really good.  

4.  The mindset process, specifically the first 2 steps, are something I’m going to incorporate more of into my game.  There was no downside on my actual performance on the course thinking about these steps.

Bad:

1. As others have stated, focusing on the dot seemed to not be something I’m wired to do, it may help the majority of people, but for me it either didn’t, or I need to spend more time with it.

2. Personally, putting has been a strong part of my game.  I place the ball where no markings are showing and stare at the hole.  I do not take practice strokes, I fall into the “see it creative blah blah” type of putter, where the first 2 steps of mindset are.  Focusing on the dot/the alignment aid, has me more worried about my actual alignment and not feeling my stroke to get the proper speed of the putt down.

3. On the tee box and on putts I would almost freeze sometimes telling myself to focus on the dot instead of reacting when I get into my “swing box”.  

4. When pace of play is fast, it becomes more difficult to add things to your process.  To be fair, I need to add this to the range so I can go about it faster on the course. 

5. I believe I was fit into the wrong ball.  I lost a lot of distance off of the tee. ProV1 and even a chrome soft I played went further.  This is not the balls fault but probably mine for possibly entering something wrong (I don’t know, I’m not going to blame them, as I’m sure it’s my fault).

So these “bad” aspects are all personal.  An interesting little bit is, the ball flew straighter off the tee.  I’m guessing the low compression just mashed the ball and took spin off.  When the fairway was dry the roll was good and it was comparable at times to the ProV1.  But overall it wasn’t as long.  It actually seemed to hold greens pretty well.  I’m going to play all dozen until they are either too scuffed or lost and give them a fair shot, even if I’m not using the dot, because I feel like Bridgestone makes a quality ball.  45 holes isn’t a big enough sample size.  I’ll try to update as I go.  I’m also going to try to bring more of the thought process to the range to see if it’ll speed me up on course.  Who knows, after giving it more time, it may be my go to.

IMG_0428.jpeg

18 hours ago, Timberwolfmadcat said:

The Tour BX is a closer profile to the V1X-Left Dash. Their ball selector tool woulda have put me in the wrong profile as well. The Tour BX I have is as long as the V1X Left dash I play, negligibly different vs quality of strike.

Thanks for that! I should have been wary of the ball selector. There's no question that the left-dash isn't the ball any ball fitting tool selects for me. But after playing around both on the course and a simulator, I get my longest drives, with both mid-iron and approach shots being similar (certainly within my swing repeatability), between MaxFli Tour, Tour X, ProV1 and ProV1X. I should have just selected the Bridgestone Tour BX since, as you say, best matches the left-dash. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

Alright...time for some hard data and numbers on the mindset. Who doesn't love graphs? I've got a couple years of data to pull from so hopefully this is informative. Don't forget strokes gained are negative, so less is more!

#1 - SG various areas & FW/GIR%
I think you need to observe the data from these two at the same time to gain an understanding. Apparently what I think during testing vs actual data are two different things.
Driving - So despite the fact I hit more of the difficult fairways, my total % stayed around the same and I actually scored worse.
Approaches - More GIR than I typically hit, but again scored worse
U&D% - Interestingly stayed the same. So mindset seems to have no impact on around the greens.
Putts - I switched to an Armlock style in 2023 and you can see the drastic improvement to my putting. Going to mindset seems to have put me back to where I was a couple years ago. Interesting because I had one of my best ever putting rounds the first one with mindset, perhaps that was an anomaly and I just had a hot putter that day.

#2 Driving Distance
As I noted through testing, I didn't see any major issues with distance off the tee. Appears the Bridgestone is a couple yards shorter but it was super windy the one day which brought averages down as a number of holes were into the wind. As I play more with them I think you might actually see this go up.

#3 - SG various holes
Now this one was super interesting. 2022/2023 you'll see pretty similar trends. Good on par 3's, not stellar on par 4's and a little better on par 5's.

Look at the variance on the mindset data, absolute trash on par 3 and 4's, but a big swing in the par 5 SG. Now...I will note with the mindset I've birdied significantly more of the par 5s than I typically do. Again...I'm interested to see if this trend stays with more testing.

Hopefully this gives everyone some data driven insights into the testing. Sorry it took so long to get this pulled into Excel.52b9a523bfa79f8ff833935efb3e2da7.jpg4a34bf9188853f9ae06943864ce22849.jpg0031f7749b97179fa28da2cc68b1e19c.jpg76918e11ed0430168d3eac5a5259190a.jpg1c5813c58a1fac12d10b5cdc7b2a4df3.jpg

WITB: 

Posted (edited)

Bridgestone RX Mindset – Unofficial MGS Forum Review by Michael.Sandoval33
This is my Unofficial Review of the Bridgestone RX Mindset balls. I had the chance to play the balls throughout 5 different rounds and also used the ball around the practice and chipping greens. Now sit back, relax, and get into the Mindset.

1rx.jpg.f2ee554e07839a8faf72f97cdd1b0700.jpg

Aesthetics (7 out of 10) 
At first glance what stood out about the RX Mindset balls was the aid printed on the ball in red, yellow, and green. The aid provides a 3 step "Mindset" that golfers should utilize each time they approach a shot. The outer red circle and pointed arrows indicate the first step of the Mindset process: "Identify your target." The inner yellow circle is the 2nd step in the process: "Visualize the shot path." The aid's final part is the inner green circle, telling golfers to "Focus on the dot." I did not find the training aid distracting in my use, and the ball was easier to find in the rough thanks to the brighter colors on the ball as it stands out from the rest. What was interesting to me is that the balls have dimples within the dimples which give them a different feel than others on the market. There is nothing overly flashy about the ball and that was perfectly fine with me. 

On-Course (17 out of 20)
The balls performed well on the course from the tee to the green. Compared to my usual gamers the "Odin X" and "Maxfli Tour X",  the balls were usually 5-7 yards shorter on both carry and total distances from the tee. When using the ball swinging hybrids and irons off the grass I found the ball fairly easy to control with a smooth feel. The trajectories with the balls were generally middling, nothing too high but not a ton of low skipping shots. This caused me to miss some greens where I was looking for a higher trajectory to land firmly on the green and stop, instead staying lower and rolling over the green. On the putting green is where the alignment aid of the Mindset RX saw the most use from me. I found using the front pointed arrows along with the center green dot allowed me to line up my shots with my putter and hit the line with ease, taking one step out of the putting equation. I am a firm believer that the alignment aid helped me save some strokes on the course. The durability of the Mindset balls was never in question for me. I still have balls I played a full 18 holes with that I can take out and use for another full 18 without a problem. 

2rx.jpg.9ce0e0d4dd90f56b4e1d09382aeb16cd.jpg

The Good, the bad, the in-between/Play it or Trade it? (17 out of 20)
The alignment aid was definitely good to me during my use of the Bridgestone Mindset RX. Compared to when I played the "Maxfli Tour X" balls, I shaved off an easy 1-2 putts by taking the time to properly align my shots with the Mindset RX. The durability of the ball was another good aspect of the ball, every ball that I used is still in good enough shape to be played. The bad would be the short loss of distance that I saw off of the tees. I believe we all as golfers know how big of a difference those few yards could be. The in-between would be the Mindset process overall, I didn't find myself fully using the Mindset process that the ball encourages anywhere other than on the putting green. If I had maybe embraced the philosophy more, it could have helped, but I did not in my time sampling the ball. I will continue to play the ball along with my other two gamers, especially because of the durability of the ball that I have mentioned, as well as the alignment aid very solidly helping me on the putting green.

3rx.jpg.39072a1f29864b89ac632a1809ba9730.jpg

Conclusion
The Bridgestone Mindset RX is a great ball. You may lose some yards off of the tee, but I believe the ball makes up for this loss in other areas. And if you are looking for a ball that can last, without question the Mindset RX ball is for you.

Final Score (41 out of 50)

4rx.jpg.3c4b58674ff82e8624a07014ddca2e0a.jpg

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

It seems no matter which version is played, alot of members agree on 1 thing for sure.  These balls do not check very well, and tend to roll out a bit more.  Does anyone think that the double dimple cover has an influence on this? Or is the cover material itself a cause?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

41 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

It seems no matter which version is played, alot of members agree on 1 thing for sure.  These balls do not check very well, and tend to roll out a bit more.  Does anyone think that the double dimple cover has an influence on this? Or is the cover material itself a cause?

I’ve noticed this too. Zero backspin and I usually generate a lot of spin with my wedges. Greens around here have been recently aerated and it’s rained a lot so that could play a factor too. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

15 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

20240519_172225.jpg.80c239e3acf4dd45189a8bed3c7650fe.jpg

Careful. You don't want to disturb that nest of baby mindsets. Mama may be close by..😆 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Spin is directed by number of layers and thickness/composition of said layers. I think the big issue is the ball fit algorithm is trash. Anything below 105 mph swing speed puts you into the RX/RXS which is probably closer to say a tour response type ball vs a TP5/Prov1. Guys like myself picked based on similar performance, I expected the Tour BX to be similar to a pro v1, and the BXS to a Prov1x reading the descriptions. In actuality the realistic spin profile is the BXS is closer to a Prov1x, with no equivalent to a V1x.

I might pick up a sleeve of the BXS locally (maybe they'll be willing to do a trade for a sleeve of my BX) to see if that's giving me more of the profile that works with my game.

I do feel the RX/RXs are likely too soft and won't get people the spin they are looking for....if you're looking for stopping power that is....

WITB: 

50 minutes ago, Timberwolfmadcat said:

Spin is directed by number of layers and thickness/composition of said layers. I think the big issue is the ball fit algorithm is trash. Anything below 105 mph swing speed puts you into the RX/RXS which is probably closer to say a tour response type ball vs a TP5/Prov1. Guys like myself picked based on similar performance, I expected the Tour BX to be similar to a pro v1, and the BXS to a Prov1x reading the descriptions. In actuality the realistic spin profile is the BXS is closer to a Prov1x, with no equivalent to a V1x.

I might pick up a sleeve of the BXS locally (maybe they'll be willing to do a trade for a sleeve of my BX) to see if that's giving me more of the profile that works with my game.

I do feel the RX/RXs are likely too soft and won't get people the spin they are looking for....if you're looking for stopping power that is....

If you want to work out a swap for a sleeve or two, let me know. I got fitted into the BXS and wouldn't mind testing out the BX. Assuming this is allowed my MGS as part of this testing process.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

Alright...time for some hard data and numbers on the mindset. Who doesn't love graphs? I've got a couple years of data to pull from so hopefully this is informative. Don't forget strokes gained are negative, so less is more!

#1 - SG various areas & FW/GIR%
I think you need to observe the data from these two at the same time to gain an understanding. Apparently what I think during testing vs actual data are two different things.
Driving - So despite the fact I hit more of the difficult fairways, my total % stayed around the same and I actually scored worse.
Approaches - More GIR than I typically hit, but again scored worse
U&D% - Interestingly stayed the same. So mindset seems to have no impact on around the greens.
Putts - I switched to an Armlock style in 2023 and you can see the drastic improvement to my putting. Going to mindset seems to have put me back to where I was a couple years ago. Interesting because I had one of my best ever putting rounds the first one with mindset, perhaps that was an anomaly and I just had a hot putter that day.

#2 Driving Distance
As I noted through testing, I didn't see any major issues with distance off the tee. Appears the Bridgestone is a couple yards shorter but it was super windy the one day which brought averages down as a number of holes were into the wind. As I play more with them I think you might actually see this go up.

#3 - SG various holes
Now this one was super interesting. 2022/2023 you'll see pretty similar trends. Good on par 3's, not stellar on par 4's and a little better on par 5's.

Look at the variance on the mindset data, absolute trash on par 3 and 4's, but a big swing in the par 5 SG. Now...I will note with the mindset I've birdied significantly more of the par 5s than I typically do. Again...I'm interested to see if this trend stays with more testing.

Hopefully this gives everyone some data driven insights into the testing. Sorry it took so long to get this pulled into Excel.52b9a523bfa79f8ff833935efb3e2da7.jpg4a34bf9188853f9ae06943864ce22849.jpg0031f7749b97179fa28da2cc68b1e19c.jpg76918e11ed0430168d3eac5a5259190a.jpg1c5813c58a1fac12d10b5cdc7b2a4df3.jpg

Fyi, following this...I will be flip flopping b/w mindset and previous ways of playing. I'll alternate every couple of rounds and see if mindset is really this bad for me....as I don't feel it's been a massive detriment to my game as the numbers seem to indicate

WITB: 

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

thinking the cover material and also how the ball is struck.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

5 hours ago, buckpillar said:

thinking the cover material and also how the ball is struck.

When I first got these balls the first thing I did was compare how they react when chipping to a pro v 1, the Pro v checked up so much more than the mindset ball. 

Frank musolino 

I am going to use the mindset ball for all 9 holes in league play today, it's supposed to be 86 when we tee off I'm curious to see if that makes any difference on how the ball performs. As of right now I prefer the Pro v 1 off the driver and chipping. Off the irons and putting I didn't think there was much of a difference, I don't put that much spin on the ball with my irons so both balls reacted the same when they hit the green. 

Frank musolino 

Had my first chance to take the Tour B RXS Mindset to the course yesterday for a 9-hole round.  My ankle was hurting so I just focused on not pushing things.  The Mindset process aligns fairly well with what I usually do although the "visualize" step is still difficult.  When I describe the shot to myself it helps.  For as long as I can remember my last thought before every shot has been "Swing through/Tempo".  The Focus part of the Mindset process fits in nicely with this last thought I have before the swing.

Overall, the round went well.  The ball had good distance off the tee and felt good with every club.  It felt especially good on shots between 100-160 yds. and seemed to have more spin than my Maxfli Tour.  I have never been one to generate a great deal of greenside spin with any ball and I didn't seem to gain any more the RXS.  Only 9-holes so I'll keep at it.  And, my putting.

Screenshot2024-05-20at8_14_22AM.png.d4e9012d1e1501e4db152c8106bc8fe4.png

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

Posted (edited)

Solid ball- Played a round this weekend and shot my best round ever (a +19 / 90, I'm a high handicapper 2 years into the journey). Got a bit more distance than I'm used to, which was great off the tee, but a bit of a challenge on the finesse shots around the green.

The MindSet was great for me, and helped me slow down and not rush the shot-- helped improve my overall pre shot routine. I noticed the biggest improvement in my putting-- ties back to the pre shot routine- slowing down and visualizing the result.

Overall, I'm happy with this golf ball. 

Edited by Jveej

Josh

Received my box of Tour B X Mindsets just in time for the bachelor party golf weekend coming up. I will be taking these with me to see how they perform against my normal Z-Star Diamond. Super excited and thankful for this opportunity to test these.

Ai Smoke Max 10.5* |  Ventus TR Blue 7x

HL 16.5* |  Speeder NX Green 6s

Apex UW 19* |  Ventus TR Red 6s

ZX7 Mk ii 4-PW |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120x

MG4 50-54-58 |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120s

Edel EAS 1.5/ Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

Took the balls out yesterday and played 18 on a more challenging course than I usually play. Some observations:

1) never really having a pre shot routine as the mindset is, I had a hard time keeping to it when I lost my swing at about the 6th hole.  At that point, I was more preoccupied with trying to figure out what I was doing wrong than to practice the routine. That lasted about 4 holes and then I was able to reset and kept to mindset.  

2) Even going thru my mid round struggles, this was the first real practice using mindset on the greens.  I was able to focus better on the putting using the mindset concepts (even on the holes I was struggling with my swing).  While my putting did not suddenly improve, I was more aware of elements and environment in step 1 than I normally focus on; and visualizing was something I had not done in the past.  And for putting I do like the bullseye and arrow setting that up for my initial direction. Putting is probably the worst part of my game fyi.

3) Mindset on my drives is where I have seen the biggest improvement.  With visualizing my path I hit 8 of 13 fairways (5 par 3's on the course) and 2 drives were just off the fairway- other 3 were during my loss of swing period.  The game is easier on the fairway (LOL). During warmup I knew my drives were going to be a bigger fade (than straight), so I just went with hit- visualized the path of the swing and set up and aimed accordingly.  60% FIR is a high for me and 10 drives where I wasn't hitting behind a tree or from roots or rocks - made for a more pleasant afternoon.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.

Won my first tournament with these balls this weekend! 

Had 2 penalty tee shots that I can truly say I didn’t follow the pre shot routine of the mindset balls. All the others were full commitment to the shot and play. One drive was 350 yards on a par 5 that converted to a missed eagle putt and made the tap in birdie. 

They are playing extremely well and the mindset is amazing as well as the alignment tool. 

I’ll still test the my gamer with similar mindset graphics, but if I continue shooting lower scores, I may just switch. 

Paradym Trip D

Titliest t150

@GolfSpy_APH Good feature article this evening! I hope Bridgestone has gained some valuable data for their golf ball program going forward. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

I don't feel the ball nor the process are for me! First, I'll talk about the process.

Front nine yesterday was some of the worst ball striking I've experienced in some time. I would pick out my target, align the ball, try to visualize my shot, then focus on the green dot (or some other spot on the ball when not "in hand"), clearing my mind of all swing thoughts. I found I became too "ball bound". I was so focused on the ball that I lost any rhythm, got quick and typically failed to complete my back swing. I normally use a couple of swing thoughts during practice swings and while setting up to the ball. Then I just tend to concentrate on the general area of the ball and try to swing "through the ball" at my intended target. With this Mindset process, I lost that visualization during my swing, I was so focused just on the ball itself.

On the back 9, I would pick my target, "plan" maybe more than visualize my ball flight, line up the ball then return to my normal process of thinking of a swing thought, focusing on the general area of the ball as opposed to a specific spot on it, then swinging "through" the ball while keeping my target in mind. Ball striking on the back 9 was improved.

As for the ball, it, too, is not for me. I've played, with some success, firm, higher compression balls such as the Vice Pro Plus. These Bridgestone balls feel "heavier" to me coming off the club face, if that is a thing. They are definitely shorter than what I am usually seeing with other balls I play. Even when I hit my best shots with these balls, even when they seem to leave the club face great, I am barely keeping up with guys I normally out drive by a considerable margin. Despite warmer temperatures and drier conditions compared to the data accumulated previously this year, Shot Scope has my P-AVG considerably shorter with the Bridgestone balls.

Also, the little alignment arrow doesn't do it for me. If a ball doesn't have a lengthy alignment line, I put one on the ball with a Sharpie, Sometimes, I'll even use one of those stencils that helps put three lines down, like Triple Track. Maybe I'll try adding one or the other to the Mindset balls.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

On 5/20/2024 at 9:36 AM, GolferDad66 said:

Took the balls out yesterday and played 18 on a more challenging course than I usually play. Some observations:

1) never really having a pre shot routine as the mindset is, I had a hard time keeping to it when I lost my swing at about the 6th hole.  At that point, I was more preoccupied with trying to figure out what I was doing wrong than to practice the routine. That lasted about 4 holes and then I was able to reset and kept to mindset.  

2) Even going thru my mid round struggles, this was the first real practice using mindset on the greens.  I was able to focus better on the putting using the mindset concepts (even on the holes I was struggling with my swing).  While my putting did not suddenly improve, I was more aware of elements and environment in step 1 than I normally focus on; and visualizing was something I had not done in the past.  And for putting I do like the bullseye and arrow setting that up for my initial direction. Putting is probably the worst part of my game fyi.

3) Mindset on my drives is where I have seen the biggest improvement.  With visualizing my path I hit 8 of 13 fairways (5 par 3's on the course) and 2 drives were just off the fairway- other 3 were during my loss of swing period.  The game is easier on the fairway (LOL). During warmup I knew my drives were going to be a bigger fade (than straight), so I just went with hit- visualized the path of the swing and set up and aimed accordingly.  60% FIR is a high for me and 10 drives where I wasn't hitting behind a tree or from roots or rocks - made for a more pleasant afternoon.

I also find that the mindset works best off the tee. If I come up to the ball in the fairway and the logo is down I tend to forget about it. Even when I don’t use the Bridgestone ball I find myself doing the mindset process of the tee

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

10 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

I don't feel the ball nor the process are for me! First, I'll talk about the process.

Front nine yesterday was some of the worst ball striking I've experienced in some time. I would pick out my target, align the ball, try to visualize my shot, then focus on the green dot (or some other spot on the ball when not "in hand"), clearing my mind of all swing thoughts. I found I became too "ball bound". I was so focused on the ball that I lost any rhythm, got quick and typically failed to complete my back swing. I normally use a couple of swing thoughts during practice swings and while setting up to the ball. Then I just tend to concentrate on the general area of the ball and try to swing "through the ball" at my intended target. With this Mindset process, I lost that visualization during my swing, I was so focused just on the ball itself.

On the back 9, I would pick my target, "plan" maybe more than visualize my ball flight, line up the ball then return to my normal process of thinking of a swing thought, focusing on the general area of the ball as opposed to a specific spot on it, then swinging "through" the ball while keeping my target in mind. Ball striking on the back 9 was improved.

As for the ball, it, too, is not for me. I've played, with some success, firm, higher compression balls such as the Vice Pro Plus. These Bridgestone balls feel "heavier" to me coming off the club face, if that is a thing. They are definitely shorter than what I am usually seeing with other balls I play. Even when I hit my best shots with these balls, even when they seem to leave the club face great, I am barely keeping up with guys I normally out drive by a considerable margin. Despite warmer temperatures and drier conditions compared to the data accumulated previously this year, Shot Scope has my P-AVG considerably shorter with the Bridgestone balls.

Also, the little alignment arrow doesn't do it for me. If a ball doesn't have a lengthy alignment line, I put one on the ball with a Sharpie, Sometimes, I'll even use one of those stencils that helps put three lines down, like Triple Track. Maybe I'll try adding one or the other to the Mindset balls.

Wait till you see my not mindset testing 🤣 literally like flicking a switch.

WITB: 

11 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

This was a great mini review. It was honest and forward.  This is the value in what MGS provides it's viewers.  Sorry the ball and mindset process didn't work for you. 

I want at least 1 or 2 more rounds before my final review, as I was one of the first group to recieve these.

WITB-