Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Travis Knit Headcovers

• SPY VIP

600_light_brown_dots.jpg

travis headcover

mygolfspy-headcover-2 mygolfspy-headcover-1

Custom Headcovers by: Travis Headcovers

Just wanted to send a quick thank you to Travis Headcovers for sending us over the custom-made pom-pom style headcover. If you guys are interested in having one made for you they have a bunch of styles to choose from or you can come up with your own design. Love to see what you guys will come up with.

P.S. - send us pics of yours if you decide to have one made...would love to see them.

For more information on Travis Headcovers:
CLICK HERE

600_light_brown_dots.jpg

#TruthDigest

That has to be the coolest knit headcover I have seen.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

This is the headcover that made me go looking for pom poms.

Thanks for reposting it. Travis was #2 for me when I made the ordering decision.

What pushed you towards Ju Jus? After going to the Travis website, I noticed that the prices are pretty reasonable - more than Rocket Tours, but well less than Jan Craigs.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

What pushed you towards Ju Jus? After going to the Travis website, I noticed that the prices are pretty reasonable - more than Rocket Tours, but well less than Jan Craigs.

Lots of positive feedback on other boards. Amazingly high praise. Maybe because she is CA local. SoCal though.

Cost was a touch less too

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• 3 months later...

I actually ordered a Travis headcover after seeing this and seeing how customizable they are.

The wait time was around 3 weeks after finalizing everything. Their communication skills made me think that either they weren't good at communication or English was a second language. I had to explain the design 4 times, sending pictures of what I wanted 3 times. I told them a 3 leafed shamrock 4 separate times. They understood it the 4th time I told them (even though I was attaching pictures each time). I then had to wait a week before they started producing it, after I paid, because they had to wait on a yarn shipment (why not tell me you didn't have the yard colors I wanted before I paid). Then, when I finally got it, it was still wrong. Pics will be below, but I sent them a 3 leafed shamrock 3 times, each time the same picture and it had a stem. When the headcover arrived, there was no stem on the shamrock and it looks more like a white blob that ran into 3 pools than a shamrock. I'd complain and ask to send it back, but then I'd have to wait an additional 3 weeks and try to communicate with them again, which was painstaking the first time. I'll keep this one and use it as it is, but I'll probably put it on upside down where it's just solid lime green instead of having the design you really can't make out. I wasn't impressed, and for the price ,I guess I expected more. I think next time, if I ever order from them again, I'll go with standard colors and no design or one of their stock designs instead of trying to get something custom. Quality of the headcover itself is excellent. It's just the design wasn't like I wanted it. Anyway, here's what I got in the mail:

DSC02232.jpg

DSC02233.jpg

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

That's odd...when they did ours...it was only one super nice lady running it and she was great at communication and hit the design right on the mark.

Something must have changed over there...hmm.

#TruthDigest

That's odd...when they did ours...it was only one super nice lady running it and she was great at communication and hit the design right on the mark.

Something must have changed over there...hmm.

They're still doing it out of a house in Tennessee. Don't know, but the emails I received when communicating with them made it appear as if English wasn't their first language. Like I said, the quality is excellent, and I wouldn't have a problem ordering one of their base designs or solid designs. I just don't think I'd go with a custom design again.

It does make me wonder though, my fiance's mother knits and does it well (they had to learn how to knit in school in Germany and my fiance did too, but hasn't done it much). I wonder if this is something she could teach my fiance to do, and if she could knit me some headcovers? Hmm.... can't be too hard if you know how to knit. Well, maybe the custom designs part, but a standard headcover shouldn't be too hard for an experienced knitter.... Perhaps another product you can DIY? Course I can't do anything myself until after I heal from surgery...

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

MGS... was that one a test for the eventual MGS store??? if so, I like the way they turned out and would buy one at the right price...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

Actually Mudfish this was not one of the prototypes for the MGS store. This was one she just did specially for our bags. Still working on gear for the store.

We originally thought of just doing a couple things..but we have hooked up with some people that might make this thing a much bigger deal then we first thought. Sounds like the MGS shirts might even make it into department stores. The guys we are working with like the idea so much they plan on trying to make it more global. So right now we are still working on:

Hats

Shirts

Headcovers

Buckles

Towels

Still working with some of the prototypes of each of these...we would rather make them super kick-ass then try to rush the designs.

#TruthDigest

Wow... sounds cool...

Actually Mudfish this was not one of the prototypes for the MGS store. This was one she just did specially for our bags. Still working on gear for the store.

We originally thought of just doing a couple things..but we have hooked up with some people that might make this thing a much bigger deal then we first thought. Sounds like the MGS shirts might even make it into department stores. The guys we are working with like the idea so much they plan on trying to make it more global. So right now we are still working on:

Hats

Shirts

Headcovers

Buckles

Towels

Still working with some of the prototypes of each of these...we would rather make them super kick-ass then try to rush the designs.

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Archived