Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

The only advise I would give is keep up the good work. You have a very nice swing and tempo. From that view everything looked pretty good. Perhaps, if you keep your left heel on the ground you may generate a little more power but you appear on plane, and very smooth. I would do nothing to change it.

What I see as strickly an outsider watching and occasionally teaming up with guys your age at my club, is they spend hours and hours working on the full swing. The hit is straight and they hit is far. But they do not spend much time on the short game. All they want to do is hit is far and straight. So let's say you have an hour to practice, 10 minutes with the driver, 10 minutes with the irons, (make that 20 minutes full swing and include fairway metals and hybrids into the full swing)20 minutes with wedges chipping and pitching, and 20 minutes putting. You will improve and be kicking lots of butt a lot faster than spending hours working on drills for your driver.

Also, there is no substitute for on course practice. When you have time and are on the course by yourself. Play a round of wrost ball. Everyone likes to hit another ball when the hit a bad one. They like to then play the better ball and feel good about making a par when in reality they did not. Or they like to go up and improve the lie and hit the ball. To really improve, walk up to your ball in the fairway and play that one. But since you are there, there is probably a tree not far from there. Drop a ball where you have to play around the tree or under the tree or something. Drop one in the thick grass and play that one. Play the worst possible place you can.

There is no defense in golf, however you can get in your opponents head by a great recovery shot. One of the guys I play against all the time once told me it was devistating to him to have me counted out of the hole because I am stuck off in the trees, and then see the ball come flying out of the woods and landing on the green. That puts pressure back on him.

Of course, it is better to be in the fairway but that does not always happen. Bubba knew he could curve that ball out of the woods to win the Masters because he had practiced it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

First off, have you ever been fit for golf equipment? Have you ever taken a lesson before? Both things should be done at this point before I would give any more changes and then I would ask you "what do you want to get out of your golf game?"

RR is spot on short game and make up a lot of ground and you can't score low without a short game and putter. Spend 80% of your time on short game and 20% on the full swing.

My observations of your swing are minor things please consult a local professional to make corrections to any of these observations or even see if he / she says the same thing or gets the same observations.

1) Address position the hand should be directly bellow the chin with the butt of the club pointing at your mid section. It appears that you are a touch upright and stretched out a little too much. This could easily be from the Driver being too long for you, that is why I asked about custom fitting.

2) Weight Shift, well at the top of your backswing your left foot is coming off the ground. this normally means you have done something to consciously get onto the right leg. Weight transfer should just happen naturally, if you start at 50(L)-50® at the top of the backswing your weight might be 40(L)-60® 30(L)-70®. Then start the same downswing that you correctly have.

3) I thought I saw you lose your balance a little at the end of the swing like there was some weight on the right foot still. Really the first move down should post up your weight on the left leg, about 70(L)-30® or 80(L)-20® at impact then at the finish 100% of weight should be on that front leg. You might have seen some PGA Tour pros on occasion literally step through the shot, this is to insure that they leave nothing on their back leg to make sure they get weight on the front leg and down into the ball (normally happens on downhill lies and really deep rough)

it comes down to very small things, DO NOT over cook these observations, work with a trained instructor and one at a time knock out a few of these things.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived