Sun Day Red - who’s bought what?

As someone who sweats a lot, after watching Tiger's post round Q&A I'm out. For the price I was expecting a lot better moisture management but It looked like he just got out of a pool

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

On 5/2/2024 at 9:21 PM, Bubba1985 said:

Resale on eBay..and it's gone now so assuming someone bought it😑

Screenshot_20240502-103102.png

Anyone that buys this stuff from the ebay price pumpers are a special breed of people that clearly have more cents than sense.  All you can really do is just feel bad for them for a second, then laugh at imagining their inner monologue on how they justified buying it and finally feel great about yourself knowing you'd never be that stupid.    

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ w/ Tesnsei White X flex

Fairway - Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 3W HZRDUS X flex

Irons - Srixon ZX7 - 4 - PW Nippon Tour 120 S flex

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 50* - Titleist SM7 55* - Sub 70 JA 60*

Putter - Nike Method 001

Ball - Srixon Z Star

First impression not great. When I saw the logo a few months ago I think it wasn't a complete product but here it is, same logo. Looks unfinished. Like the Nike design team must be rolling their eyes a bit. Unsure of the quality of this new stuff but $100+ for a polo is ridiculous. Rates have been going up the last few years but they're continuing and it's hard to keep up. I'm not buying any of the SDR yet, not super impressed. Must be REALLY comfortable for the price. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus, 9* turned 9.75*, Stiff, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60g, Cut 1" Short

Hybrid: :adams-small: Pro 2 Hybrid 18* Aldila Tour 75g Stiff 

Driving Iron: Akira Mi118 Prototype Utility 2 Iron

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790, 4-GW Dynamic Gold, Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore MID 56* & 60*, Bent 2* upright

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: GM2 Exchange 2 Mallet, Center Shaft, Super Stroke 2.0

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: Blue Tees Golf Series 3 Max Rangefinder

Bag: :sunmountain: Boom 14-Way Cart Bag

anyone here actually have the product in hand and can comment on the quality? I know the prices are exorbitant but Rhoback is right up there for price as well but their quality is outstanding. you feel like the stuff is going to last a long long time.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Saw not one, but two persons wearing  SDR gear today.  One had a bucket hat and ball marker, the other had on a polo with the logo in under the buttons.

The hat says in big letters Made in China.   The crown is actually wider than other buckets, and it does ha e a pretty thick sweat ring liner inside it.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Saw not one, but two persons wearing  SDR gear today.  One had a bucket hat and ball marker, the other had on a polo with the logo in under the buttons.

The hat says in big letters Made in China.   The crown is actually wider than other buckets, and it does ha e a pretty thick sweat ring liner inside it.

I'll sell u a SDR cypress vented cap so u can fit in 🤣

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

On 5/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, StrokerAce said:

anyone here actually have the product in hand and can comment on the quality? I know the prices are exorbitant but Rhoback is right up there for price as well but their quality is outstanding. you feel like the stuff is going to last a long long time.

I ordered a couple gloves as that was all that was available/available in my sizing. The leather feels great. Definitely a premium feel glove. The glove box it comes in is easily the most "premium" glove box I've seen. It has snap closures and the glove is wrapped in a paper wrapping inside. I received a SDR red/black zip-bag of 3 white driver tees and 3 red iron tees with SDR branding as a free gift I guess. Not sure if that comes with every order. There's also a cardboard SDR red/black booklet with order summary, return information, and a note from Tiger about the brand.

I can send some pictures when I get home from work today.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

On 5/8/2024 at 1:53 PM, StrokerAce said:

They sent me this yesterday.. Not sure how long the wait will be

Screenshot_20240510-120649.png

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

4 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I ordered a couple gloves as that was all that was available/available in my sizing. The leather feels great. Definitely a premium feel glove. The glove box it comes in is easily the most "premium" glove box I've seen. It has snap closures and the glove is wrapped in a paper wrapping inside. I received a SDR red/black zip-bag of 3 white driver tees and 3 red iron tees with SDR branding as a free gift I guess. Not sure if that comes with every order. There's also a cardboard SDR red/black booklet with order summary, return information, and a note from Tiger about the brand.

I can send some pictures when I get home from work today.

Pictures as promised. The second glove I got is grey not white but is otherwise the same.

PXL_20240510_205224443.jpg

PXL_20240510_205309062.jpg

PXL_20240510_205323735.jpg

PXL_20240510_205344131.jpg

PXL_20240510_205358515.jpg

PXL_20240510_205410170.jpg

PXL_20240510_205443957.jpg

PXL_20240510_205448719.jpg

PXL_20240510_205515709.jpg

PXL_20240510_205529694.jpg

PXL_20240510_205548493.jpg

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

• 2 months later...

I purchased one of the Cypress Adjustable Full Vent hats, the Delta PQ Polo, and a ball marker. The Polo for $120 was pricey but I think in line with other "boutique golf" brands. It was definitely made with quality materials and had great flexibility. I would put it on the same level as my Rhoback shirts, but both have different pros. The Delta is 31% Lyocell, so to me it's more breathable than the Rhoback but it also makes it feel heavier if that makes sense. My Rhoback shirts tend to stick to me on really high humidity days, and the SDR shirt does not. The hat is great as far as breathability. I have worn it twice to play tennis and usually have a lot of forehead sweat from my hair but the hat caught most of it. Worn it once on the golf course for a quick 9 and same thing. Very breathable and its hot and muggy this time of year in MS so that's really important to me. I will definitely continue to add pieces of SDR to my collection. 

Honestly I haven't even thought about buying anything concerning Sun Day Red.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5 at the Flat Setting

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)