TESTERS WANTED! ×

JUST ARRIVED! - FlightScope X2

• SPY VIP

x2c.JPG

I imagine we'll make a bigger announcement on the blog sometime in the next several days, but I wanted to make sure our most dedicated readers were among the first to know about what think will prove to be the next huge leap forward for our ULTIMATE Review and MGS Labs series.

I'm very excited to announce that FlightScope is now the Official Launch Monitor Provider of MyGolfSpy. Beginning with our upcoming fairway wood test, I will be using FlightScope's X2-C for all ULTIMATE Reviews, MGS Labs Articles, and anything else that allows us to leverage FlightScope's next generation 3D club and ball tracking radar technology. Matt will also be using the FlightScope X2 for Shaft reviews, MGS Labs articles, ball testing, and some other new ideas we're working on.

The FlightScope X2 Features:

• Built-in Wi-Fi (compatible with iphone, ipad, android, and PC)
  • Up to 10 hours of battery life
  • Auto leveling
  • Camera for target view
  • Real time club and ball tracking

MyGolfSpy has set the standard for unbiased, data-driven golf club reviews, and myth-busting articles like our popular MyGolfSpy Labs series. Our new partnership with FlightScope will allow us to test in new and exciting ways, provide even more data, and ultimately define an even higher standard for how golf equipment is tested and evaluated.

x2-1.jpg

x2-2.jpg

x2-3.jpg

x2-4.jpg

x2-5.jpg

x2-6.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

x2c.JPG

I imagine we'll make a bigger announcement on the blog sometime in the next several days, but I wanted to make sure our most dedicated readers were among the first to know about what think will prove to be the next huge leap forward for our ULTIMATE Review and MGS Labs series.

I'm very excited to announce that FlightScope is now the Official Launch Monitor Provider of MyGolfSpy. Beginning with our upcoming fairway wood test, I will be using FlightScope's X2-C for all ULTIMATE Reviews, MGS Labs Articles, and anything else that allows us to leverage FlightScope's next generation 3D club and ball tracking radar technology. Matt will also be using the FlightScope X2 for Shaft reviews, MGS Labs articles, ball testing, and some other new ideas we're working on.

The FlightScope X2 Features:

• Built-in Wi-Fi (compatible with iphone, ipad, android, and PC)
  • Up to 10 hours of battery life
  • Auto leveling
  • Camera for target view
  • Real time club and ball tracking

MyGolfSpy has set the standard for unbiased, data-driven golf club reviews, and myth-busting articles like our popular MyGolfSpy Labs series. Our new partnership with FlightScope will allow us to test in new and exciting ways, provide even more data, and ultimately define an even higher standard for how golf equipment is tested and evaluated.

Wow!!!!! You guys have really made the big time. This is a HUGE step forward for MGS. Now you can do outdoor testing, compare radar to camera systems and find out the advantages and disadvantages of each, and more importantly, get CLUB DATA which will incredibly enhance your lab testing.

For example, there is a shaft acceleration profile program that can immediately tell you if the tester is swinging the proper shaft. It is not some bogus shaft optimizer that selects the ideal shaft (that still requires old-fashioned fitting) but it will vastly improve the numbers we get. For example, imagine trying to present all the information in an MGS review with and without a computer. This is exactly what a clubfitter faces when working off ballflight versus working with a FS or TMan.

There is one downside. I recall several threads where Golf Spy T lamented the difficulty in presenting all the relevant data in a form that is easily presented in the blogs/forums. While the FS software is far more user-friendly in accumulating this data, I am not sure it is designed for this type of presentation. We may need to take up a collection for T to get a good supply of Xanax, Klonopin, or similar pharmaceutical. :)

Seriously, FS has decided they want to become THE major player in radar-based launch monitors. While TMan is still considered the gold standard, FS is devoting more time and energy to the applications and software side of the monitor, which is most relevant to the average golfer. Once you have spent some time on a FS, you will almost certainly become addicted to it. The club information you get is the equivalent of a lesson.

BTW, where will our little friend be located?

Very Nice T, I can start trusting your data more now that you have a better LM :lol:

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Very cool T! I'm glad that's what Matt uses as well.

It's been awhile since I've looked but these puppies are substaintially less expensive then the $30k trackman unit nes pas?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

Very Nice T, I can start trusting your data more now that you have a better LM :lol:

You probably can't see it from North Carolina, but I've giving you a very dirty look right now, and possibly a hand gesture or two.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

BTW, where will our little friend be located?

As we become more familiar with the units they'll no doubt inspire us to come up with some fun, creative, and insightful ways to put them to good use.

To the specifics of your question...

We have two little friends. One lives with Matt in Hoffman Estates IL. The other lives with me in Saratoga Springs, NY.

You probably can't see it from North Carolina, but I've giving you a very dirty look right now, and possibly a hand gesture or two.

LMFAO, I probably deserve that... I couldn't stop myself from cracking a joke.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

This is pure awesomeness! Congratz MGS!

Does this mean the future club reviews won't be done with aboutGolf?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• SPY VIP

This is pure awesomeness! Congratz MGS!

Does this mean the future club reviews won't be done with aboutGolf?

We've felt for quite some time now that with two of us (Matt and myself) providing data-intensive reviews, we should try and standardize on a launch monitor platform. We considered a few different options, but decided FlightScope was the best fit for what we wanted to do, and things fell into place pretty easily from there. I'm optimistic that FlightScope will prove to be a viable option for us indoors as well (since the plan is still to do the bulk of testing in a weather controlled environment).

The aboutGolf system has been great (and I consider it to be an outstanding product). Pulling data from it has always been an issue, and even with some improvements we made to how we collect the data, we still couldn't easily get everything we wanted. Quirkiness with things like clubhead speed and the impact that had on smash factor weren't things we worried about too often, although we always hoped we'd eventually be able to include them.

It basically comes down to standardization (Matt doesn't have easy access to an AG System), ease of data acquisition, and certainly portability. There are some things we're considering doing outdoors now...that wasn't an option with the AG Units we had access to.

As we become more familiar with the units they'll no doubt inspire us to come up with some fun, creative, and insightful ways to put them to good use.

To the specifics of your question...

We have two little friends. One lives with Matt in Hoffman Estates IL. The other lives with me in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Will the "little friend" in Saratoga be available to rent at Tark's?

I really cannot wait to see when you guys start using it in your testing. Things just keep getting better and better :)

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Archived