Quick Review: Top Flite Gamer

Matt Saternus

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to test out the V2 of the Gamer yet. Our golf season has started here in Chicago and as soon as my foot has healed I plan on getting on the course! And while I 3 dozen B330RX sitting on my shelf I don't want to crack them out until my swing sets back in.

We had golf season in Chicago for about 3 days, now it's mud season. Blech.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TopFlite Gamer is the best 'bang for the buck' golf ball out there. Hands down. Or, thumbs up...

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

We had golf season in Chicago for about 3 days, now it's mud season. Blech.

It's now Wabbit season in the suburbs! Get out the rain gear my friend.

DId you ever stop by GG and get a shot at the Mizuno shaft optimizer?

If not, u should stop by.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

It's now Wabbit season in the suburbs! Get out the rain gear my friend.

DId you ever stop by GG and get a shot at the Mizuno shaft optimizer?

If not, u should stop by.

After all the threats of rain, I'm looking at blue skies right now. I'll probably try to get out and do something today.

I did stop by for the shaft optimizer and it was pretty cool. They recommended the Dynalite Gold XP300, Nippon 900, and KBS Tours, in that order. I've been playing the KBS for over a year now and I'm happy with them, so I think I'll stand pat for a while.

After all the threats of rain, I'm looking at blue skies right now. I'll probably try to get out and do something today.

I did stop by for the shaft optimizer and it was pretty cool. They recommended the Dynalite Gold XP300, Nippon 900, and KBS Tours, in that order. I've been playing the KBS for over a year now and I'm happy with them, so I think I'll stand pat for a while.

Glad you got to give it a go! Of those three, the KBS would be my top. Dynalite Gold XP is a Mizuno exclusive that I'm not too crazy about. Glad to see that it put you into something you're already playing. Some of the looks on these guys faces when I tell them what they SHOULD be playing is priceless. "Um..... Uh..... I have been playing Dynamic Gold X100 for years... What do you mean that shaft isn't right for me?!?" :lol:

Glad you got to give it a go! Of those three, the KBS would be my top. Dynalite Gold XP is a Mizuno exclusive that I'm not too crazy about. Glad to see that it put you into something you're already playing. Some of the looks on these guys faces when I tell them what they SHOULD be playing is priceless. "Um..... Uh..... I have been playing Dynamic Gold X100 for years... What do you mean that shaft isn't right for me?!?" :lol:

I can imagine its pretty humbling for some people. On average, how many people ignore the optimizer and tell you they still need something in XXX stiff and the machine doesn't know crap?

Hopefully I'll play enough over the next couple months to get into the Gamers.

I can take care of that REAL quick. :D

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

gamer is one HELL of a golf ball........ be it the original or the V2.

I can imagine its pretty humbling for some people. On average, how many people ignore the optimizer and tell you they still need something in XXX stiff and the machine doesn't know crap?

Most will believe the optimizer because they believe what a "computer" will tell them...... this is because i am able to print them what they need.... so naturally, they get a piece of paper to take home with them, therefore they get excited.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, first post here.

Last week I found a Gamer on the 17th hole, so I decided to put it in play on 18. I bombed a drive down the center of the fairway, then hit a full SW from 110 out; the ball landed 10' behind the pin, then spun back into the hole for and EAGLE. I stuck around and hit a few chips and putts with the ball and I was thoroughly impressed with it's feel and spin. I love my Callaway Tour ix balls, but I bought a sleeve of Gamer V2, so I can compare them next time out.

I bought a sleeve of the V2's at Walmart last week, and loved them... Went out and bought another dozen. I'm skipping work tomorrow and playing a quick 9 in between dropping off and picking up my son from pre-k, so I'll see how they feel for a full 9. So far I like what I've seen...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I can report that Matt is a witch with the wedges around the green. The cheap ball he was playing didn't seem to hurt that phase of his game at all.

Putting... well... we won't talk about that. Lets just say that neither one of us we're doing proud by our Byrons. :D

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I can report that Matt is a witch with the wedges around the green. The cheap ball he was playing didn't seem to hurt that phase of his game at all.

Putting... well... we won't talk about that. Lets just say that neither one of us we're doing proud by our Byrons. :D

Sooooo.... Winner?

Sooooo.... Winner?

Took him by 3 strokes although I'll give him style points for rolling out the ever reliable and almost always effective "you're older than I thought you were" smack....

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT