Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra Irons

shanky

Not a clue, but I'm glad they got rid of that notch in most of their irons. It was visible at address and absolutely hideous.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Not a clue, but I'm glad they got rid of that notch in most of their irons. It was visible at address and absolutely hideous.

Shouldn't you follow that up with a nice "but it looks good on you"? :lol:

Shouldn't you follow that up with a nice "but it looks good on you"? :D

:lol: Oops, you're right. Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Hi!

Is there anyone there that can give feedback on the Cobra Irons?

Just got hold of an old set of 2008 Cobra FP Irons...wondering if anyone can give feedback on this model?

thanks!

Hi and welcome..

Cobra FP was not one of the most sought after lines of cobra irons. they work well, but don't do anything really well. just a good bread and butter iron. If you got a good deal, well done.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Do any of yo have any experience with the Cobra CB Carbons? I have found them for only $400 new and the feel it really good.

The retail on these new put them up against the Mizzy's and Titleist's. So we never sold any. $400 seems like a bit much, but they are a great iron.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I demoed the S2's and was very impressed. They hit the ball straight and high, and they felt really nice. I hit the cast model, not the forged. I'm inclined to think that a lot of this good feel comes from the Nippon shafts - I've hit Nippons in a couple other clubs and always found them nice and smooth.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I think Cobra is capable of putting out some really good irons. I had a set of SS Forged which I personally feel is not only one of the prettiest Irons with its understated elegance, but it also performed exceedingly well. This was one of two iron models that I most regret selling. (The other model I recently bought back).

______

Dave

Image Gallery

The retail on these new put them up against the Mizzy's and Titleist's. So we never sold any. $400 seems like a bit much, but they are a great iron.

The feel is great, but I don't know if I could get my dad to buy them for himself, he really loves Mizunos. So much that he still uses some very old Mizuno Altrons. Sorry for the tangent, back to Cobra.

I think Cobra is capable of putting out some really good irons. I had a set of SS Forged which I personally feel is not only one of the prettiest Irons with its understated elegance, but it also performed exceedingly well. This was one of two iron models that I most regret selling. (The other model I recently bought back).

The SS Forged were very very good. I had 2 sets and really really regret selling them. S25C designation on the tech info tells me they were forged in Japan.

The Skid Sole really did it's job. I've been looking for something similar. The Mx300s I'm re-shafting tomorrow seem close but still not quite there.

Archived