Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Bad Luck on the Golf Course?

RopeItGolf

Friday the 13th

rory-mcilroy_2188455b.jpg

Friday the 13th – the unluckiest day on the calendar. Some think it is so unlucky that they are superstitious to the extent that they're afraid of this day – they suffer from friggatriskaidekaphobia, or fear of Friday the 13th.

There have been tornados, earthquakes, and fires. Ships have sunk and trains have crashed on this dreadful day. As a marketing ploy, horror movies are often released on Friday the 13th – there have also been 12 films made about this unlucky day.

In honor of Friday the 13th, let's take a look at the some of the unluckiest golf shots ever recorded.

At the top of our list is this unlucky putt hit by Lefty during the 2010 Masters. On the 2nd hole par 5 at Augusta, Phil attempted what seemed like a routine put for birdie (which would have been a great start to his day). As co-leader at the time, Mickelson got ready, lined up his shot, swung back, and… uh-oh. What are the odds that something would fall in the path of the ball right as he was in -his back swing? Oh well, Phil went on to win the Masters that year, adding a third green jacket to his collection.

While you're hitting a bucket at the driving range the wind starts to pick up, but you figure this will just give you an extra challenge to work through. Then the wind picks up some more, and well… take a look.

It's raining outside so your round of golf is canceled (Unlucky Event #1). Now what to do? How about power-up the Wii and play some Wii Golf. So now you're at playing a round of golf and are already at hole number five. You're getting ready to hit a nice chip shot off the edge of the green and you hit the flag pole (Unlucky Event #2). It just wasn't your lucky day.

What's an unlucky golf event that's happened to you?

Check out the article here as well: http://theropeit.com/article/friday-the-13th/

I am the inventor of The Rope It!

I run a newsletter, you can sign up here: http://www.TheRopeit.com/

Yeah, my golf game is actually 95% unlucky and 5% happiness :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I got bit by a horsefly about an hour before I was to tee off in a junior tournament once. Not only did my hand swell up, but I couldn't practice before my tee time.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

There was one time, where I was riding along in the cart with my leg hanging out, and while passing the forward tee box, I did not notice that the ground was raised by the tee box. I had only been driving by it for years. Anyway, my foot got caught and bent back, it went under the tire flipping me out of the golf cart, which ran over both of my legs. I was embarassing as heck and I jumped up and ran and caught the cart and jumped in it. No one had noticed however it was at that point that I realized I had really hurt myself. Nothing broken, after all, I have broken both ankles at one time which is a real bummer. I do make it a point not to hang my foot out of the cart.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived