Vortex Optics Rangefinders - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by GolfSpy_KFT,

Having this rangefinder is really helping change my game comparing it to just using a gps like 18 birdies or golfshot etc. I will say I was one of those that thought I’m mid ish handicap and the distances exactly to the pin compared to looking at front/middle/back of the green distances have helped me keep scores low and the more I get used to using this Vortex Blade Slope rangefinder I can see some scores getting lower. Knowing for example that that pin is exactly the distance the rangefinder tells me is really lowering those 2 putts or long putts! I’m working on my first real write up comparing this Vortex Blade Slope compared to a bushnell rangefinder my friend uses and use of 18 birdies. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

I left work early today and played 18 with a friend from work. I got to finally take the Anarch out on the back at Flagstone and really utilize slope mode. The front has some slope to it, but the back is a different beast. 

20240802_133521.jpg.2fde325159e52a66c487995cf4bbee0f.jpg

I can't tell you how much of a difference having the ability to read the plays like differences makes. There are several holes that have between 7-10 yard differences between the actual yardage and the plays like. 

I let my buddy use it on a couple of occasions and he was impressed with the optics and all the other features. I didn't know it but he actually uses their scopes and loves them. 

I was also able to measure the 18th hole, a 480 yard par 5 from the tee box and see it plays 470. I'm just really impressed with how much of a difference image stabilizationmakes, I would have a hard time doing that with the Bushnell. 

20240802_164842.jpg.3b03d513805adf13324608684c46a8e2.jpg

I did have one minor hiccup, we hit a pretty significant bump and the Anarch did come off the cart. 

20240802_165326.jpg.083e399e18cdd5bee90da85eaf11d1ee.jpg

Other than that, I'm still impressed with the quality and performance I'm seeing from the Anarch. 

Another round this morning with the Anarch. Nice cool morning, but like 95% humidity. It drained us by the end of the round. It's crazy, but I almost miss the 108* 15% humidity in Phoenix. It was only about 85* but 70%+ humidity by the time we finished. Ugh.

The Anarch continues to perform. It was cart path only today, so no real bumps to test the magnet concerns that @sirchunksalot and I have experienced. It'll get more work next weekend with our back to back rounds for the member-member which should be on the fairways with the upcoming week showing completely dry. The slope mode on/off will get a test as well. 🙂

20240804_081025.jpg.52cc7708df7cccf8f36fb8560b01f62c.jpg

The one thing I'm still struggling with is the eye relief while wearing my sunglasses. My eyes are extremely light sensitive, so I have to keep them on when the sun's out and I'm not under cover. I'm able to get the numbers when I'm shooting a target, but I just find myself searching for the clear picture more than not. It's not all the time, but enough to make note of it. It's not near as bad as my other rangefinder, though.

We did have an interested onlooker on the 7th tee box. Although not sure sure they were curious about the Anarch. 😄

Unimpressed_Onlooker.jpg.087a8cce6156b9486b62c15da25ce5ba.jpg

Edited by Shrek74

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

2 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

The one thing I'm still struggling with is the eye relief while wearing my sunglasses. My eyes are extremely light sensitive, so I have to keep them on when the sun's out and I'm not under cover. I'm able to get the numbers when I'm shooting a target, but I just find myself searching for the clear picture more than not. It's not all the time, but enough to make note of it. It's not near as bad as my other rangefinder, though.

I'm like you, I wear sunglasses all the time for light sensitivity reasons and had a slight problem last round getting the Anarch placed just right to be able to get a clear picture through it. I am attributing that to maybe falling off the cart which might have knocked the diopter off. I haven't had any issues beforehand on the course or around the house. 

Hopefully you'll get some drier weather next weekend because if the humidity is as bad in Crossville as it is in Cleveland, I feel for you. 

Spies,

Are there any questions you have about the Anarch that you want to ask about? Are there any tests that we haven't done that you'd like us to do? Don't hesitate to ask. That's what we're here for.

I'll be playing in my member-member this weekend with my dad, so it'll get lots of use and it'll be tested without slope and see how anything changes (or doesn't).

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

Got out the other day for a good afternoon round with a buddy of mine. First real time getting to experience it in weather. Round started hot and humid finished absolutely soaked from the rain. I am so impressed that even in the HEAVY rain the optics didnt fog, didnt blur out, nothing like that. Even distances didnt go all wonky with the rain and thats been an issue with some of the laser range finders ive used in the past. I dont eben think the Vortex Blade Slope even knew it was raining 😂 thing worked perfectly, my golf game in the rain was a whole other topic we wont talk about. 

IMG_9693.jpeg

IMG_9694.jpeg

Even with the wet cart rails the magnetics with the rubber casing kept it solidly in place.

Edited by PrismFlopper

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

I did have a bit of an oopsie today with the Anarch. I was driving toward the cart path and went to get on it when it jostled the cart and the Anarch came off the rail and landed on the cart path and almost got ran over by the cart. 

20240809_151521.jpg.58cb3b35b014fdfdfbedfccf0dc70a8f.jpg

The unit still operates wonderfully after that bit of a shock, but it did take a little bit of damage on the coating. It's pretty much cosmetic from what I can see. 

20240809_151550.jpg.2b4d804f1010380b67ea9cd995d70ace.jpg

I will say I'm impressed with the shock proofness since I had no problems with it on the last 6 holes and I didn't see any issues with the image stabilization. 

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I did have a bit of an oopsie today with the Anarch. I was driving toward the cart path and went to get on it when it jostled the cart and the Anarch came off the rail and landed on the cart path and almost got ran over by the cart. 

20240809_151521.jpg.58cb3b35b014fdfdfbedfccf0dc70a8f.jpg

The unit still operates wonderfully after that bit of a shock, but it did take a little bit of damage on the coating. It's pretty much cosmetic from what I can see. 

20240809_151550.jpg.2b4d804f1010380b67ea9cd995d70ace.jpg

I will say I'm impressed with the shock proofness since I had no problems with it on the last 6 holes and I didn't see any issues with the image stabilization. 

Looks like it took a beating, but glad it still works for you!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate it! I was a bit worried when I heard it rolling along the cart path. 

I’m sure, I would be too!  Not sure how many others would’ve survived that.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

My Bushnell would be scratched up and dented paper weight after that kind of incident… 🤣

Big Kudos to Vortex.  

I guess when I buy one I should have a sleeve or something added to it for scratch protection.

A quick question. Is the magnetic stronger or weaker or about the same as a Bushnell?

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

4 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

My Bushnell would be scratched up and dented paper weight after that kind of incident… 🤣

Big Kudos to Vortex.  

I guess when I buy one I should have a sleeve or something added to it for scratch protection.

A quick question. Is the magnetic stronger or weaker or about the same as a Bushnell?

I wish I could answer that, my Bushnell doesn't have a magnet in it but I can tell you the magnet on the Vortex is strong. I know I've had mine come off the cart twice, but each time it's been a pretty good bump that's taken it down. I think the biggest issue is how narrow the rails are on a golf cart because I have stuck the Anarch to a car and my fridge and it takes some pulling to get it off them. 

I wish I could answer that, my Bushnell doesn't have a magnet in it but I can tell you the magnet on the Vortex is strong. I know I've had mine come off the cart twice, but each time it's been a pretty good bump that's taken it down. I think the biggest issue is how narrow the rails are on a golf cart because I have stuck the Anarch to a car and my fridge and it takes some pulling to get it off them. 

I know @Shrek74chucked his across the yard, but kudos to @sirchunksalotfor taking it to the next level and toss it down the cart path!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

43 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Thinking of all the other rangefinders that come to mind, I don't think a single one would have survived. Cheap or expensive, they'd all be severely damaged and would most likely be door stops at that point. Not a lot would have survived being chucked across my very dry lawn a dozen times.

Putter:
Technology:

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Dang!  That's some road rash!  Glad to see it still working correctly after that. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Was out on the ranges the past few days getting some rounds down range for army training and was messing around with distances and how accurate they were since we measure out before each training event. Was accurately pretty good to be able to use not just as a range finder but was using it to walk soldiers onto the target. With how clear the optics are even at distance was absolutely spectacular! 

IMG_9705.jpeg

On 8/9/2024 at 6:17 PM, KC Golf said:

Big Kudos to Vortex.  

While I don’t have a Bushnell rangefinder, I do have a Bushnell Wingman speaker. Comparing the two, I would give the Vortex (Blade) the slight edge, though I’ve never had an issue with either device falling or coming unattached.

WITB:

:cobra-small: Driver -  LTDx 9* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Kuro Kage 70g Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: 3 Wood -  LTDx 15* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Tensei 75g Stiff Shaft

:callaway-small: 7 Wood -  AI Smoke Triple🔹 20* w/ Project X Denali Black 70g Stiff Shaft

:taylormade-small: Irons (PW-4 Iron) -   P790 w/ Oban 115g X-Stiff Shafts

:vokey-small: Wedges (50, 54, 58) -  SM9

:bettinardi-small: Putter -  Studio Stock 28 Armlock w/ Super Stroke Grip

On 6/24/2024 at 2:47 PM, Hosel_Rockets said:

Hello fellow spies, and everyone following along!

First things first, thank you to the MGS team and @Vortex Golf for giving us the opportunity to test out your products. I’m thrilled to be part of the test group, and can’t wait to dive in and see what the Vortex Blade is capable of!

So, a bit about myself:

My name is Dan, I’m 34 years old and a Talent Acquisition professional who’s been living in Columbus, Ohio for the past two years with my wife, Caitlyn and our two German Shorthaired Pointers. Prior to Columbus, we spent time in Hershey, PA, and Dayton, Ohio. I also spent about a year in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic prior to meeting her.

Outside of golf and work, I am an avid sports fan (Go Buckeyes, Guardians, and Packers!), and enjoy running, biking, and hiking.

image.png.d1a646e5683a41ecb8f586ad2847ab60.pngimage.png.506e9ac36c15f0193c30be58bdb51fb7.png 

As for my golf game, I started playing around 2017, but haven’t really taken the game seriously until the last few seasons. I’m currently a 13.7 handicap thanks to a couple of career best rounds so far this year, but depending on the day I could shoot anywhere from 82-92. My strengths are my short game and putting, though my irons have improved drastically this year, and I tend to struggle a bit from the tee with driver. I play my best on links style courses, or courses where hitting an iron from the tee doesn't hurt you.

image.png.9316207df9643d2e0295c05cc476f84d.png

Here in the Columbus area, I feel like I’m spoiled for choice when it comes to courses. My “go-to” courses are Westchester GC in Canal Winchester, and The Links of Groveport, but my favorite Ohio course is Pipestone in Miamisburg, OH.

My nickname, Hosel_Rockets, is derived from a particularly rough stretch of golf I had a few years back. Due to an over the top, ugly baseball swing, I had a proclivity to hit the ball off the hosel, and that paired with a decently high swing speed led to three separate snapped shafts at the clubhead in the span of a couple of months. Thankfully, it’s been nearly two years (knock on wood) since I’ve managed to snap a shaft.

For this test, I have a few ideas below on how I’ll test it, and will compare it’s accuracy and usability to my current rangefinder (CaddyTek V2), and my Garmin watch. I would also love to hear from the community if there is anything you would like me to test throughout this process – feel free to reach out and share your ideas!

• Accuracy – I think a good initial test would be to shoot flag distances at my local range, where it’s flat and open. How does it compare to my current rangefinder?
  • On Course Accuracy – how does it perform on different types of holes, including elevated tee boxes or greens?
  • Situational Accuracy – how does it perform in “unsual” situations, such as shooting a body of water, bunker, or landmark on a dogleg?
  • Usability – how’s the stability? Does it lock onto the flag quickly and seamlessly? How clear and easy to read is the distance once displayed?

In closing, thanks again to @GolfSpy_KFT, @GolfSpy_APH , and the MGS team for taking a chance on a newer member of the community! I’m excited to get started, and hope I am able to clearly articulate how the Vortex Rangefinder performs for my fellow spies!

First impression and unboxing is live!: See my initial reaction and unboxing here, along with my recorded unboxing here!

Final Review - Vortex Blade

First Impressions (10 out of 10)

Review my full unboxing and initial impression, including a video and additional images here.

My first impression of the Vortex Blade, and Vortex in general, was extremely positive. My package was delivered quickly and securely, and the team went above and beyond to make me feel like part of the Vortex team. Along with the rangefinder, the team also sent over an extra box filled with goodies, including a hat, divot tools, tees, golf balls, a towel, and two separate hand written notes from the team. 

image.png.8682fe3690a1ade093d2605c638635aa.png

My initial impression of the rangefinder itself was just how nice and premium this tool feels. The case feels sturdy and secure, with a strong clip to keep it attached to my bag. Comparing the Blade and case to my previous model (CaddyTek V2) was almost an unfair comparison, as the Blade blows it out of the water in every measurable trait, including looks, feel, and usability.

image.png.2cba6e1be5384c4e4d207670a7c0a88f.png

Initial tests, prior to the course confirmed my feelings about the Vortex Blade, as the picture proved to be very clear, and I was able to lock onto targets quickly. The magnet also proved to be very strong, with initial testing taking place on my refrigerator and comparing to the magnet on my Bushnell Wingman speaker.

Overall, the Vortex team went above and beyond to bring the "wow" factor to my unboxing and initial reaction, and really increased my excitement to get out and start testing.

Aesthetics (10 out of 10)

The first thing I noticed upon unboxing was how sleek and good looking this rangefinder is. It fits comfortably in my hand, and just feels sturdy. Comparing to an old rangefinder I had lying around, the Vortex didn’t seem to even be in the same category, and blew it away by nearly every measure imaginable.

The same could be said for the case, as it feels very durable and well put together. The zipper and bag clip both feel strong and sturdy, and I appreciate the magnet for holding a ball marker. Along with the durability aspect, the case just looks great on my bag.

I also appreciated the ability to change the reticle, with options including a Circle, Circle Crosshair, and Crosshair. I went with the Crosshair, as it’s the most visual appealing to me, but there isn’t a bad reticle choice.

image.png.09553dced0f7738aee60616f9049d3ea.png

The Numbers (20 out of 20)

Throughout testing, I compared the Vortex Blade to several different distance measuring tools, including:

1.    CaddyTek V2 (old rangefinder)
2.    Garmin Epix Pro Watch with Garmin Golf App
3.    Bushnell Wingman with Bushnell App

Along with these three, I also did some small comparison tests with my friends’ equipment, including a Blue Tees speaker with app, and Nikon Coolshot rangefinder.

One thing I noticed during these comparisons, is the consistency of the Blade. With my old rangefinder, I felt like I could shoot a flag three times and get three separate numbers, and while a yard or two doesn’t make a huge difference for my skill level, it’s not exactly instilling confidence. However, the Blade is consistent and accurate, and my numbers weren’t all over the place when shooting the flag multiple times. Along with that, the distance you can shoot a flag from with the Blade is super impressive, I'm yet to find a hole where I could see the flag, but couldn't shoot it!

In comparison to the other tools (Garmin Watch, Bushnell Wingman), the Vortex Blade felt accurate, however I had to get a bit creative when comparing these tools as they measure the front, middle, and back of the green, and include things like slope and wind pressure. With that being said, one of my favorite uses for the Blade was shooting the pin, and comparing it to the front/middle/back distances to get a better understanding of where on the green the flag was placed – this helped to determine my club on a lot of those “in between” shots.

To sum everything up – the Vortex Blade is very accurate, but without slope there is a little bit of guessing involved if you’re playing a course with a lot of hills and slope.

image.png.c692a177d21a38b53a70b0793002f3ab.png

On-Course (18 out of 20)

The Vortex Blade does a great job on the course. The magnet feature is strong, and I didn’t have to worry about it falling throughout my round, and keeping it within my eyesight was a great visual cue/reminder to grab it and shoot the pin. While typically I do not use a rangefinder throughout my round, and focus on front/middle/back numbers on my watch, I didn’t feel the extra step to shoot the flag interfered with my normal routine. 

Comparing to my old rangefinder, the Vortex locks onto the target much more quickly, and has a much better site picture. Everything about the Blade feels like an upgrade compared to the CaddyTek, from feel to usability.

While I do enjoy using the Blade, and think it’s an amazing tool, I did find it hard to give a perfect score here due to the lack of slope. I understand this is the model I’m testing, but it’s something I found hard to move past throughout the testing, as the courses I play regularly are fairly hilly.

The Good, the Bad, the In-between (20/20)

The best feature of the Vortex Blade has nothing to do with the tool itself, or how it performs on the course – it’s the Vortex team. From the second I was selected to be a tester, I felt like the Vortex team was truly invested in our opinions, and really went above and beyond to make us feel like part of the Vortex team. Read more about my unboxing here, but the initial care package from the Vortex team not only included the Vortex Blade and a carry case, but also a very nice hat, towel, sleeve of golf balls, divot tool with various ball markers, tees, and two hand written notes from the team.

My other favorite features of the Blade are the magnet, it’s ability to quickly lock onto a target, which is where I felt this tool absolutely stood out. There is no doubt the Vortex Blade is an excellent rangefinder, especially if you are looking for a model without slope.

I also want to point out the durability of the Blade. When comparing to other rangefinders, it just feels sturdy and well built, which is a feature I don’t think should be understated. If you are looking for a tool that can take a beating and keep going, Vortex is a great choice.

image.png.4cb821eee00b426e77d638aadd5781e7.png

Play it or Trade it? (17 out of 20)

I want to preface this part of the review by making it clear that this rating is based on personal preference, and not due to how the Vortex Blade performed. If you are looking for a rangefinder without slope, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better option. However, for my game there is not much benefit to having a rangefinder without slope.

There are so many things I love about the Vortex, but throughout the testing I found myself relying more on other devices for distance, particularly my Garmin watch with slope. I found the Blade came into use the most when targeting specific areas on the course, such as a layup zone, or a hazard from the tee box. Again, every time I used the Blade it performed very well, but for my game I don’t benefit from not having slope, though I think this model would be perfect for a tournament player or someone who needs a rangefinder without slope.

For my decision to play it or trade it, I’ll say play it* but with an asterisk. I do think I’ll continue to use it for some circumstances, however if I were purchasing a rangefinder for regular use, I would not select this model, though I absolutely would go with something from Vortex.

Conclusion

Overall, Vortex has done an amazing job with this product, and has a world class team. They went above and beyond to make me feel like I was part of the Vortex family, and I’m so impressed with the extra steps they took to add a very personal touch.

The Vortex Blade is a very good rangefinder, and would be the perfect rangefinder for someone who needs one without slope. It locks onto targets quickly, has excellent picture quality, and overall feels very premium. Along with that, the magnet is strong, and keeps the rangefinder securely attached to the golf cart, and the case is excellent.

While the Vortex Blade would not be the model I would select if I were purchasing a new rangefinder, there is no questioning it’s performance. If you are in the market for a rangefinder without slope, I truly do not think there is anything better, especially at this price point. 

Final Score (95 out of 100)

My final review is up! Thank you to @GolfSpy_KFT, @GolfSpy_APH, and the MyGolfSpy team for making me part of this review, and a special thank you to the @Vortex Golf for making me feel like part of the Vortex team!

WITB:

:cobra-small: Driver -  LTDx 9* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Kuro Kage 70g Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: 3 Wood -  LTDx 15* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Tensei 75g Stiff Shaft

:callaway-small: 7 Wood -  AI Smoke Triple🔹 20* w/ Project X Denali Black 70g Stiff Shaft

:taylormade-small: Irons (PW-4 Iron) -   P790 w/ Oban 115g X-Stiff Shafts

:vokey-small: Wedges (50, 54, 58) -  SM9

:bettinardi-small: Putter -  Studio Stock 28 Armlock w/ Super Stroke Grip

The final review Is up! This has been a fantastic experience! Thanks to @Vortex Golf for the incredible Vortex Blade Slope for testing! Also the MyGolf Spy forum team especially @GolfSpy_KFT and @GolfSpy_APH for being there to answer any questions and handling all the things through Vortex! You all are incredible at what you do!

My final review is up. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thank you to @Vortex Golf for allowing me to put their fantastic Anarch rangefinder through it's paces and to become part of their Vortex Golf Family.

Also, thank you to @GolfSpy_KFT and @GolfSpy_APH for this opportunity to test this great product and represent the MyGolfSpy Forum in this way! It was an honor and a privilege.

Putter:
Technology:

I really enjoyed reading through your final reviews @Shrek74 @PrismFlopper @Hosel_Rockets. You guys did a really good job of putting the Vortex family of rangefinders through their paces and I'm hoping that we'll see more of them in the hands of forum members. 

Just to be completely transparent here, I did file a warranty claim over the damage I received during the testing with the help of @GolfSpy_KFT. I got it shipped off today so will be without the Anarch for a couple of weeks as they're processing my claim.

One of the things I forgot to do during my final review was to commend @Vortex Golf for the great customer service they provided in having another zoom call with us. I appreciate them taking time out of their schedule to talk through their features and how they test their product before putting it out into the market. They're really first class. 

19 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just to be completely transparent here, I did file a warranty claim over the damage I received during the testing with the help of @GolfSpy_KFT. I got it shipped off today so will be without the Anarch for a couple of weeks as they're processing my claim.

Glad you were able to get a warranty claim done. If nothing else, you're still testing but you're testing the warranty and the customer service. Plus, they're getting back a unit that's had an accident in the field and it's something they can learn from to better their gear. Win/Win from what I can tell. And you will get a replacement that doesn't look like it's had said accident. 🙂

Putter:
Technology:

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I really enjoyed reading through your final reviews @Shrek74 @PrismFlopper @Hosel_Rockets. You guys did a really good job of putting the Vortex family of rangefinders through their paces and I'm hoping that we'll see more of them in the hands of forum members. 

One of the things I forgot to do during my final review was to commend @Vortex Golf for the great customer service they provided in having another zoom call with us. I appreciate them taking time out of their schedule to talk through their features and how they test their product before putting it out into the market. They're really first class. 

Glad you were able to get the warranty claim worked out, awesome customer service by @Vortex Golf!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 8/12/2024 at 4:54 PM, TJ Hall said:

Glad you were able to get the warranty claim worked out, awesome customer service by @Vortex Golf!

@Vortex Golf ‘s customer service is pretty much unmatched in the space of optics. I can say on the other optics side they are fantastic. Have had way better experiences with them compared to some unnamed optics companies.

Quick update on the warranty claim:

The team at Vortex were quick to respond with a shipping label and a warranty sheet and I was able to get the Anarch shipped out on Monday. The package arrived on the 14th and I got an email yesterday that they received it and are going to be looking at it soon. They said it will probably a couple of weeks before I get it back, I'm cool with that although I'm missing having it on my bag. I just appreciate @Vortex Golf and their customer service for being so quick about it and can't say enough good about them. 

Got out for a twighlight finishing in the dark round last night. I hadnt really been able to really use the Vortex Blade Slope in low light and was really surprised how it was still able to pinspot in low light playing. Even in the dark as long as i could see the pin the rangefinder was able to give me a distance and pinspot! Played Shaker hill which is a beautiful course and the rangefinder was incredible die to the hills and steep angle shots required on the course. One tee box has a bonus tee that measured in straight distance 193 and the range finder have me a perfect 172 -3 deg pinspot and was able to drop a smooth 9i, 8 ft from the pin!

IMG_9714.jpeg

To my fellow testers: have any of you hit the balls Vortex sent in the flight pack? I've never tried the TM Tour Response and have been fighting the temptation to take two of these out of the box and play with them and keep the other as a memento from the testing opportunity. 

To my fellow testers: have any of you hit the balls Vortex sent in the flight pack? I've never tried the TM Tour Response and have been fighting the temptation to take two of these out of the box and play with them and keep the other as a memento from the testing opportunity. 

I've liked the TM TR in the past. Really nice combo of soft but with some kick. Plus the urethane cover has nice feel.

Putter:
Technology: