GolfSpy_X

FIRST LOOK - 2012 Ping Anser Irons

I'm not gonna lie, that doesn't look great. I would have to see it from address. I heard they weren't releasing a S55??

Not too crazy about the picture. I am going to have to see it in person to judge it too.

I have heard that the new Anser is going to be more i20-ish meaning more forgiveness and distance.

I have to look at the sole and topline to decide. I dislike shovels!

Just saw a video of these...much better looking than I would have thought based on this one pic. Scoring irons in particular look great.

It's so hard to really give an honest assessment with one not too in focus picture, kind of looks a little distorted like from a camera phone. i'll wait for in person view, or at least more pictures from other angles. From this one it kind of looks too long from heel to toe but that could just be the pic?

Just saw a video of these...much better looking than I would have thought based on this one pic. Scoring irons in particular look great.

Can you link the video?

It's hard to say from just 1 picture .. they look "OK" .. but nothing more than that ..

I did loooooove the look of the previous ansers though .. so I'm sure when time passes, more pics will get available, they will just look the bomb like the old ones !

That being said, looks aren't the only thing that matters. After testing i20 and previous ansers extensively, I got myself the i20's (coming of mizuno MX25) because to me they feel more like a forged iron than the ansers do, go figure .. YMMV ..