Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The ScoreBand - REVIEW

Flv02

ScoreBand- REVIEW

An Official MyGolfSpy.com Review

var_2.jpg?2451

Before I start any kind of review, I think it is time for me to give some sort of introduction. My name is Frank and I am the newest reviewer on the MyGolfSpy Staff. Here is just a little background for those of you who do not know me. I live in Dutchess County, New York and am currently attending Fordham University in the Bronx where I am studying Finance. I want to thank all of you regulars on the forum for everything, and I want to thank GolfSpy X and the rest of the staff for the opportunity to work with them. For all of you readers who are not members of the forum, think about joining it. It is a great experience and you meet great people. Your golf game improves a lot too. Now, let's jump right into it.

First Impressions

When I first decided to conduct the review for the ScoreBand, I did not know what to expect. I only knew two things about the product going into it. First, I knew that it kept your score. Okay, that's great, but isn't that what a scorecard is for? The second thing I knew about the ScoreBand was that it was the winner of the Best Product Concept Award in this year's PGA Merchandise Show. Because of that award, I knew there had to be something I was missing. Once I tried the product, I knew why it received that award.

The ScoreBand

The ScoreBand is a 4-in-1, Quick-Touch wristband intended to for sports, and is being considered the world's first multi-sport digital wristband. It is considered 4-in-1 because of the four different modes present on the device. These modes include Time, Allscore, Tennis, and Golf. The time feature, as shown in the picture above, just displays the time. Allscore is used to keep scores, statistics, and count in whatever you are doing. The tennis setting allows you to keep game and set scores. The golf setting, which is the one we all really care about the most, keeps your hole and round scores. The ScoreBand is also water-resistant and available in eight colors and four sizes. The wristband is made out of eco-friendly silicone and is infused with negative ion emitting minerals. It also comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty and conveniently conforms to both USGA and R&A rules.

3.jpg

Performance

The absolute first thing that I want to mention when it comes to this product is that it is COMFORTABLE. The night before I took it out on the course for the first time, I decided to put it on. It was so comfortable that I actually forgot that I had it on. When I arrived at the course the next day, I had two main concerns. First, I was wondering if I would actually use it throughout the whole round. Basically, would the comfortable aspect of the product actually hurt the overall use of it? The second concern that entered my mind was if it would become such a pain-in-the-ass that I would stop using it. Luckily, I had no reason to be concerned. Although it took several holes to get used to it, it became a part of my routine. I would hit my shot, press the top button without even looking, and continue on my way. At the end of the hole, all I had to do was look down to see what I scored. Then, I held down the bottom button and it added everything up. By the way, the picture above was taken on the eighteenth hole ;)…I wish

One of the best features of this product is that there are only three buttons. It makes using The ScoreBand very simple on the course. You press the buttons for your score, then press the silver button once to see the time, and then press the silver button again to get to the AllScore mode. Personally, I liked using the top section of AllScore to track the number of putts, and the bottom for fairways hit.

This is just my opinion, but I love the look of the ScoreBand. Add that to the fact that is VERY comfortable and you can see why I still have it on. Just look at the pictures below. Its thinner and lighter than my normal watch. I'm not saying I would wear it to my next business meeting, but when I am home or in the clubhouse, why not?

The only problem with the ScoreBand when it comes to golfers is with females. When given the smallest size, some females have said that it is not small enough for them. If you are a female and are thinking about purchasing, please make sure that you measure your wrist before you purchase and compare that to the sizes on the Scoreband website at http://www.scoreband.net

4.jpg

5.jpg

Value

The ScoreBand is currently being sold on its website for $29.99. Honestly, I think that it is a very reasonable price. If you are going to use all of the features of it, I say pick it up. Personally, I am going to use this as a watch, especially if I am going for a run or lifting weights. I play tennis, and I use the other two modes for golf. For me it is a perfect fit. Now, the only thing wrong here is if you are just going to purchase it for the golf features. Yes, the golf features are great and it definitely eliminates any score confusion on those LONG holes. It also saves a lot of time because everything is added up for you already. But, most GPS systems and phone apps that you all use make these calculations along with many others. But, for those of you who do not have either the GPS or the apps, it is definitely a good and affordable option. In my First Impressions section, I mentioned how I thought it basically had the same function as a scorecard. Well, it does not. It is definitely a way to make sure your adding is correct at the end of your round. To be honest, I kept a written scorecard while I used this product. Did I need to? No. But I did anyway and I ended up with the same score. It also adds the element of pressure to your practice rounds. Set a goal for yourself at the beginning of the round. I don't care if that goal is 100, 85, or 72. You will know how close you are to that goal every single time you look down at the ScoreBand. It puts pressure on holes and putts, which I believe adds to the value of it.

6.jpg

Summary:

The Good:

Lightweight

Affordable ($29.99)

Easy-to-Use (3 Buttons in total)

MANY USES (Visit link: http://www.scoreband.net/pages/about)

Comfortable

Looks Great

The Not So Good:

Golf features on Many Different Apps and GPS

Smallest Size May Be Too Big for some Female Golfers

http://www.scoreband.net

Final Thoughts

I love the ScoreBand, and it is definitely a good fit for me. It is stylish, comfortable, and has many great features. Again, if you are going to use all of the features, it is a great product and pick it up. I will stand by that. I use all of the features and it is on my wrist all of the time. But, if you are just going to use it for the golf, think about it before purchasing it. Is it worth $30 for something that you will only use for ¼ or ½ of its features? I am sure most people who will buy this will want it for its multiple features, and when they get it, they will see that it is well worth the money.

To purchase the Scoreband, visit http://www.scoreband.net.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Nice, thorough review, FLV!

Good to know you'll be doing more reviews for MGS!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Great review. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Thanks for the support! I am really looking forward to doing this. I just hope everyone likes how I write haha

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Archived