TESTERS WANTED! ×

What would you pay for.......

gdiddy

I would have agree with most of what is said here. And to be an elitist you must TRUELY be elite. And the problem remains that most teachers are not

fully rounded teachers. To be a complete teacher you have to be able to fit the golfer to the correct shaft and club head to their swing.

Then can you only begin to learn to hit the ball or better stated swing the club properly and consistently or at least predictably.

So to double back, What would you pay for someone that can do that?

Thinking about the percentage of income you have spent on lessons, clubs, balls, tees, training aids, (dont get me started on those POS's), and range balls

and most valuable of YOUR TIME because you will never get that back.

If your self taught thank what ever god you believe in that you have that ability because the other 99.9% of us can't.

And if you have a talented young golfer how much would you pay?

I am NOT SELLING anything here. I have an unquenchable love for the game and a desire to play the best I can.

If you have more interest I can put you in touch with the man I am talking about and you can take it from there.

Signed

Shawn Grinstead

Central, Ohio

P.S Why do some people have to find the negative in everything? If it's not for you admit it and move on. I am not saying you don't have every right to say it and I will defend that right.

I would have agree with most of what is said here. And to be an elitist you must TRUELY be elite. And the problem remains that most teachers are not

fully rounded teachers. To be a complete teacher you have to be able to fit the golfer to the correct shaft and club head to their swing.

Then can you only begin to learn to hit the ball or better stated swing the club properly and consistently or at least predictably.

So to double back, What would you pay for someone that can do that?

Thinking about the percentage of income you have spent on lessons, clubs, balls, tees, training aids, (dont get me started on those POS's), and range balls

and most valuable of YOUR TIME because you will never get that back.

If your self taught thank what ever god you believe in that you have that ability because the other 99.9% of us can't.

And if you have a talented young golfer how much would you pay?

I am NOT SELLING anything here. I have an unquenchable love for the game and a desire to play the best I can.

If you have more interest I can put you in touch with the man I am talking about and you can take it from there.

Signed

Shawn Grinstead

Central, Ohio

P.S Why do some people have to find the negative in everything? If it's not for you admit it and move on. I am not saying you don't have every right to say it and I will defend that right.

I did state my opinion and was attacked for it. I also answered the question that was posed in the original post. I'm going to back my opinion up and defend my stance and will not take a personal attack without replying. Throw daggers and I'm throwing hand grenades back. When someone asks for an opinion, if they don't want opinions that don't agree with theirs, they shouldn't ask.

And to state again, the best teachers I know of around here, from reading different reviews and talking to their students or knowing them personally or having a mutual acquaintance are around $100 an hour. That's about what I'd pay for myself or a child if it's something I was interested in. Clubwork, the place I frequent and buy stuff from has never charged me when I've needed to use them or their equipment (like when I snapped the handle on my puller). I've never been charged to use the SST Pure machine or anything related to clubmaking there(they bend all of my

Clubs because I don't have a bending machine, or at least let me come behind the counter to use the bending machine). That said, the clubmakers that are around here that do quality work, their rates vary. I've seen some good ones charge up to $200(which can be applied to the work performed after the fitting), and I know some that charge a flat $50 and none credited toward the purchase. And some that, if they know they're getting the clubwork, don't charge for the fitting at all. It all varies. I'm in north Georgia, to give you an economic structure to base those figures off of. Bigger cities, you'll pay more, obviously.

For clubwork, I will make a recommendation once you find one you want to use. Use them all the time, buy as much as you can from them, even if it's at a little higher price. In the long run, it'll pay off because they'll be more likely to say stuff like "don't worry about it" or "no charge" or something like that if they know you're going to spend money with them. The guys that are trying to get rich on the work they do get are the ones, IMO, going about it wrong. Yes, you put in a ton of work to get your certifications, but don't try to get it all back on one customer. Work isn't where the money is, the fitting is and the repeat business.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Spymaster

The question still has not been answered directly or correctly.

So I will tell you what I paid for the entire package $699

You may think you answered the question but, I didnt ask what the breakdown costs just what would you pay. Obviously you dont find the same value in as I do. But thank you for your input.

PS Toss me a ball not a hand grenade cause I just sliced mine into the woods

Spymaster

The question still has not been answered directly or correctly.

So I will tell you what I paid for the entire package $699

You may think you answered the question but, I didnt ask what the breakdown costs just what would you pay. Obviously you dont find the same value in as I do. But thank you for your input.

PS Toss me a ball not a hand grenade cause I just sliced mine into the woods

How many lessons was in the package and what was the length of them? I wouldn't say $699 is a bad deal depending on what all you got for that. But if that was just a fitting and for labor, that's high as heck. If it's lessons plus fitting and the labor, not bad.

If it works and you play better, it's invaluable, and you can't put a price on it.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rookie

I received 5 lessons/sessoins 13 new shafts and grips and with that I was told why the ball did what it did with my swing and what I should do to stop that slice I new something was wrong with my swing but all the PGA "PROS" would do is teach a band-aid move or position to correct the swing fault and that is something I personally have never gotten. Along with that and the new shafts I am making the best contact ever.

Thank you for your input

Golfers who take lessons are the ones with the best opportunity to achieve positive results. Not only bc they have a professional watching over them but mainly bc they have admitted that they need help and want to get better. Once you can check your ego and get over the fact that you're not as good as you once were then you can start to get better.

I agree with this attitude, with the addition that great teachers need great students.

The number one problem of any teacher is making himself understood and it's way too easy to give the right answers and be heard wrongly. Young children are so much easier to teach because they are still in the mold to listen and try to understand. Adults are problematic because they have long passed the learning phase and have preconceived notions that sometimes have to be worked around or simply broken through. There is much that almost any decent teacher can teach but it needs a student that has the ability to learn.

Shambles

I would argue that the flip side is also true, and unfortunately I see it all too often in my own business.

Not only do teachers need to be understood, students need to be receptive and willing to truly embrace change and learning. As often as not, I see students that seek out lessons as a tool to fix a problem while resisting the instruction with an unwillingness to truly embrace change as part of the process.

In other words, lessons will only benefit those that are truly willing to change and learn.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I would argue that the flip side is also true, and unfortunately I see it all too often in my own business.

Not only do teachers need to be understood, students need to be receptive and willing to truly embrace change and learning. As often as not, I see students that seek out lessons as a tool to fix a problem while resisting the instruction with an unwillingness to truly embrace change as part of the process.

In other words, lessons will only benefit those that are truly willing to change and learn.

This.

I can't tell you the number of guys I teach who come in once a month with the same swing and same problems they had the month before. There's that old teaching cliche, "A teacher can open the door, but the student has to walk through." Lots of truth there.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived